The JW Marriott Starr Pass resort exceeded our expectations. We are not usually fond of such large, commercial places, but were brought here to attend a conference. The facility is beautiful. The location is far from the city where the mountains begin. Be sure to ask for a room with a view of Tucson twinkling in the distance at night. The hotel has only eight floors. Our room was on the 7th, and the view was fantastic. Great bathrooms with lots of marble and a separate tub. Very comfortable beds.
The staff was friendly and very accommodating. Service in the restaurants was good, too. Food is very good. Poolside service brought many memorable margaritas. The pools were sparkling and clean, water was perfect and did not smell of chlorine. Lazy river was great. I loved that the pools were open until 11:00 pm. Night swims in the desert were beautiful.
Overall, the vibe here is very serene. This is a well-run resort. The surroundings are beautiful.
We rented a car and sought out local Mexican food. Had our best dinner at Guadalajara Grill. Yum. Also tried Mi Nidito, but found it a bit bland. Our favorite days were spent at the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum. Don't miss it. Great for all ages. Live animals, desert vegetation, wildlife exhibits, and a desert trail were informative and beautiful. The gift shops were very nice, and filled with local and Native American crafts.The short drive to the museum allowed us to see even more of the spectacular mountains surrounding Tucson. We went back for a second day because there was so much to see. Be sure to buy or bring a hat and very comfortable walking shoes. Sunscreen is available in all restrooms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- JW Marriott Tucson Starr Pass Resort & Spa blends seamlessly into its tranquil yet animated mountaintop setting, as natural as the surrounding desert itself. Our resort in Tucson, Arizona merges surpassing luxury and personal service with ample family-friendly recreation, an incredible array of dining options, three nine-hole desert golf courses, entertaining traditions, free Wi-Fi in the lobby and patio, plus supreme indulgences such as our Hashani Spa. Complementing the natural surroundings, our fabulous array of multi-level swimming pools, waterslides, lazy rivers, and dancing fountains are fun for all ages. With spectacular views, exciting activities for the entire family, and a landscape laced with nature trails throughout for hiking and biking, you'll make memories that will last a lifetime. Immerse yourself in our AAA Four-Diamond resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your JW Marriott Tucson Starr Pass Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Starr Pass Resort And Spa
- Jw Marriott Starr Pass Hotel Tucson
- JW Marriott Tucson Starr Pass Resort & Spa Arizona
- Marriott Starr Pass Hotel
- Marriott Tucson
- Tucson Marriott