Leaving Old Tucson Studios, where a great deal of Westerns were made in the 50's, we inquired about a resort near by where we can spend the night and have nice diner. A lady in the Gift Shop mentioned the Star Pass resort and spa. Boy, oh boy, are we glad we took her suggestion!
A Marriott property, it's nested in the mountains and reached via an quaint winding road. Surrounded by Saguaro, the giant cacti, palm trees, mountains and starry sky, it is enchanting. I have rarely stayed at Marriott properties, but if this place is an indication, I will from now on. Nothing was left unattended - from the wonderful majestic lobby filled with art, tiles and stones, through the pleasantly staffed reception, to the big glass containers filled with iced water and fruit, where you can poor your own natural lemonade, it was all great.
Our room was spacious and the views were enviable. The two Olympic size pools were heated and there was a large outside terrace where you could have drinks or some food, if desired.
Of the several restaurants, we picked Primo, which we were told, is their "fine dining" . The food was Italian / Modern American and all delicious: house made bread with excellent extra virgin olive oil, appetizers that could be a meal in themselves and finally, the main course - we cowardly declined desserts, too full to continue to eat. Service was impeccable and we rewarded them gladly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- JW Marriott Tucson Starr Pass Resort & Spa blends seamlessly into its tranquil yet animated mountaintop setting, as natural as the surrounding desert itself. Our resort in Tucson, Arizona merges surpassing luxury and personal service with ample family-friendly recreation, an incredible array of dining options, three nine-hole desert golf courses, entertaining traditions, free Wi-Fi in the lobby and patio, plus supreme indulgences such as our Hashani Spa. Complementing the natural surroundings, our fabulous array of multi-level swimming pools, waterslides, lazy rivers, and dancing fountains are fun for all ages. With spectacular views, exciting activities for the entire family, and a landscape laced with nature trails throughout for hiking and biking, you'll make memories that will last a lifetime. Immerse yourself in our AAA Four-Diamond resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your JW Marriott Tucson Starr Pass Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Starr Pass Resort And Spa
- Jw Marriott Starr Pass Hotel Tucson
- JW Marriott Tucson Starr Pass Resort & Spa Arizona
- Marriott Starr Pass Hotel
- Marriott Tucson
- Tucson Marriott