“Excellent 4th of July Vacation Weekend!!!!”

JW Marriott Tucson Starr Pass Resort & Spa
Ranked #9 of 130 Hotels in Tucson
GreenLeadersSilver level
Tucson, Arizona
“Excellent 4th of July Vacation Weekend!!!!”
Reviewed 7 July 2013

We went our favorite place to celebrate the 4th of July/Mom's b-day. I have never been so close to a wonderful show of fireworks. We were so impressed. My 10 year old really enjoyed the children activities all weekend long. The Recreation Team, Dan Padilla, Johanna, David and Jennifer did a wonderful job pulling it altogether and making sure the children and the adults we comfortable and having fun. We really love to go back around each holiday because the staff there is starting to feel like a big extended part of our family now. We know them by name and they know us by name. My mom and I would also like to point out how much Dan Padilla and Johanna took good care of us during our weekend stay. Johanna found us great seats for the fireworks and Dan made sure each part of my mom's birthday was special. Thank you all so much!!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (567)
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Reviewed 6 July 2013

Hotel is off the main strip in Tucson. The view and grounds are beautiful. Hotel room is clean and bed is comfortable. Watching the deer in the morning walking on the hillside from the balcony was an added benefit. If I return to Tucson I would stay at this hotel again. I highly recommend it!

Room Tip: Ask for room with balcony and view of pool, hillside.
Reviewed 5 July 2013 via mobile

The resort is in very high level of accumulation. The very only disadvantage I faced in this place was the fact that my extra bill showed 3 charges that where not done by me and even been done a day before I have arrived. Lucky my I spoke to customer service and they promised to remove it from the charge. Beside that I would highly recommend this resort for a relaxing vacation where you can find multiple cuisine and seat near a real fire at night.

• Stayed July 2013
USA
Reviewed 4 July 2013

I am a meeting planner, and truly have never had as great an experience as we did at Starr Pass in January 2013. All the survey reviews from my attendees rated this the best food and service they've had in years. Meeting planners, do not hesitate. If you are going to Tucson, book your event here! The space layout is excellent, location is fabulous for both active attendees and those just looking to relax, and the spa is excellent. There are some interesting cultural offerings as well.

Room Tip: Make sure you are facing the pool, the view is fabulous! It's nice and quiet throughout the hot...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Chad L, Guest Relations Manager at JW Marriott Tucson Starr Pass Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 7 July 2013
Dear Meeting Planner:

Thank you for your feedback on your past event. It is nice to receive accolades from an industry professional. I am appreciative that our team was able to provide a relaxing and productive experience. We look forward to your return and thank you for the exciting 5-Star review.

Kind regards,

Chad Lybrook
Guest Relations Manager
Chicago
Reviewed 3 July 2013

We come here at least once per year and still love it. Its a truly beautiful resort in a stunning location and easily one of my favorites.

We've occasionally had a minor things amiss here and there -- but the resort is well managed from top to bottom so they were remedied appropriately and immediately. I do agree with the other reviewers that the restaurant is not being run as well as it should and certainly, not as well as it was during our visits the past few years. Hopefully they can rectify this.

I miss hearing the band playing out by the pool already, so relaxing and festive. We will be back!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for sharing about your most recent experience and your continued patronage to the resort. It was a pleasure to read that you continue to enjoy the amenities of the resort. I was wondering if you could assist me with some additional details about your restaurant experiences. It would be very helpful, if you can send me your recommendations to chad.lybrook@marriott.com. We genuinely value your perspective and look forward the opportunity to surpass your expectations.

Kind regards,

Chad Lybrook
Guest Relations Manager
Vernon Rockville, Connecticut
Reviewed 3 July 2013

My husband created a day spa experience for both of us; it was complete with massages, a detox wrap for me and a facial for himself. The DIHA massage therapists were experienced professionals. We enjoyed the massages, and the wrap was relaxing and therapeutic. My husband said he liked the facial and enjoyed the gentle exfoliation. The atmosphere is quiet and peaceful; you can tell the staff try very hard to make your visit as wonderful as possible. If you like experiencing different spas, try this one and see what you think.

Tucson
Reviewed 2 July 2013

We had torn curtains, spots on the carpet and the vent in the bath room was so dirty Air was not coming out. They provided us with breakfast and it was outstanding along with the service. For the price of the room We will not staying there ever again.