“Signature Grill - Max is Wonderful!”

JW Marriott Tucson Starr Pass Resort & Spa
Ranked #10 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 15 February 2014

This morning my family had breakfast at the Signature Grill. Everyone was very nice although the staff was probably tired from working at the restaurant the day and night before accommodating the Valentine's day crowd. Max was our server and he is definitely a STAR! Max is very nice, very professional, and provides extraordinary service! Our food was very good, but Max definitely made our breakfast even more enjoyable with his kindness and attention to detail. Thank you Signature Grill and especially thank you Max for a lovely breakfast!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for JW Marriott Tucson Starr Pass Resort & Spa

Reviewed 15 February 2014

We checked in at the front desk with Jude. That got us off on a great start. He was kind, courteous and reviewed all the dining, recreation and spa facilities. As others have reviewed the staff at this JW are outstanding. The only other feature that comes close is the location of this JW. If you don't embrace the desert scenery you will come to love it. The hotel is spacious, luxurious, vibrant yet serene. We have stayed a JW Marriott's in Maui, Chicago, Santa Monica, San Francisco and more but there is no question this is the most all encompassing property we have stayed at. We woke up to the sun rising on a hill of dessert scenery. It was quiet yet there were many going out the door for a morning of exploring the trails across from the hotel. The other side of the hotel faces the pool and beyond. Both are fabulous views. I would be happy with both possibilities. Te food options were excellent. The room service was excellent. The only sad part of our stay was we had to leave and that really did make me sad. I would return to this JW in a heart beat.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 February 2014

The resort is located about 15 minutes from the Tucson Airport. Easily accessed by car service for $40 to $45. I do recommend a car service because a taxi is about the same price and its always nice to have someone waiting to whisk you away to a beautiful resort. The resort offers beautiful scenery, world class golf, serene pool, relaxing lazy river, world class food, and superb customer service. I traveled here for a business trip which was handled very well by the hotel staff. My stay was extended due to a winter storm shutting down the east coast hubs and I was happy to be stuck in a wonderful environment. This would be my go to place to stay in Tucson. It is a great place for business meetings, romantic getaway, or family vacation. I will be coming back.

Room Tip: Get a room with a nice view of the City of Tucson overlooking the pool area. Some rooms do look out...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 February 2014

This review is long over-due. My stay at the Starr Pass has been weekly since last Oct. Resort features include a Spa, Lap Pool, 2 swimming pools, the lazy river and a spacious, well equipped fitness center, several restaurants.. In my time I experienced nothing but the highest levels of service, and accommodation. Additionally, I have observed the same level of treatment to every guest regardless of length of stay, status, etc. The Staff are incredible with a few becoming friends whose life has become part of mine. The are both professional (regardless what that means) including a great sense of pride and pleasure in serving. Some staff are pretty entertaining if engaged. It's not a stuffy group. :-D
There are a wide variety of room sizes and incredible views. Rooms are spacious, well maintained and meet the multi-media needs of the most demanding techno-geek (I am one). I have stayed as Diamond in HiIton at HGVC properties, Resort of Phucket,, Hiltons all over and Ritz-Carlton as (Platinum Elite). The Starr Pass location, rooms and facility on are par with any of these other properties, but the human factor of this property is the brightest star.

Room Tip: Choose rooms facing downtown Tucson overlooking the gold course with morning For a more secluded fe...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank lvwhitin
Reviewed 10 February 2014

great hotel, great service. great food.... all together 5 star.
I do travel alot around the world and this is by far the best hotel ever.
I was very happy with all the service and will stay here whenever I can.
very friendly. very warm atmosphere.
I like to mention the staff were great too. I came across Ms. Marry Ann Fierros. and her hospitality was above all. I think she should be the manager of the resort :)

Room Tip: All rooms are amazing.... you will be very happy when you leave this hotel. I felt like a new person...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 February 2014

This resort is simply the best that my wife and I have been to in Tucson. The rooms were spacious, clean and comfortable....and the views facing Tucson at night were marvelous. Situated on a hillside, you literally could see most of the city's lights sparkle in the distance.

This same view is present from the bar, restaurant, and pool. We sat on the patio bar and had a glass of wine.....and the cool nights, combined with the wine, were a perfect prelude to a good night's sleep.

The staff here was very friendly and helpful. We truly enjoyed our stay here, and will stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a view of Tucson.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 February 2014

We stayed at the hotel for 8 days and it was world class.
we felt that what makes the resort unusual was the fabulous staff.
EVERYONE that helped us was very friendly and helpful.
We intended to stay there again next year

• Stayed: February 2014