I have come to expect excellence from Marriott and this property is no exception. We stayed only one night, and we requested connecting rooms. Most hotels will not guarantee connecting rooms, but assure they will do "their best." And most hotels' best often disappoint. Not here. While there was a slight hiccup, they found connecting rooms for us immediately and waived the resort fee as a consideration of the minor inconvenience of not having the rooms we had requested on the same floor as the friends we were traveling with.
The rooms are large and very nicely done. Like most hotels these days, the beds have duvets, which are too warm for my comfort. One call to guest services and ten minutes later my bed was re-made with just a blanket. Our location was on the ground floor near one section of the pool area. Expecting to sleep in a little, I worried about the noise. No problem. The rooms are pretty "sound tight."
We had both dinner and breakfast in the Signature Cafe, which is the main restaurant in the building. The food and service was excellent in both cases, and the selection was good.
What impressed and disappointed me most was how beautiful the hotel is. The views are wonderful. I was so impressed with the feel of the place, I was very disappointed that we weren't staying longer. I am resolved to return for a longer stay, including a chance to enjoy the spa.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- JW Marriott Tucson Starr Pass Resort & Spa blends seamlessly into its tranquil yet animated mountaintop setting, as natural as the surrounding desert itself. Our resort in Tucson, Arizona merges surpassing luxury and personal service with ample family-friendly recreation, an incredible array of dining options, three nine-hole desert golf courses, entertaining traditions, free Wi-Fi in the lobby and patio, plus supreme indulgences such as our Hashani Spa. Complementing the natural surroundings, our fabulous array of multi-level swimming pools, waterslides, lazy rivers, and dancing fountains are fun for all ages. With spectacular views, exciting activities for the entire family, and a landscape laced with nature trails throughout for hiking and biking, you'll make memories that will last a lifetime. Immerse yourself in our AAA Four-Diamond resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your JW Marriott Tucson Starr Pass Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Starr Pass Resort And Spa
- Jw Marriott Starr Pass Hotel Tucson
- JW Marriott Tucson Starr Pass Resort & Spa Arizona
- Marriott Starr Pass Hotel
- Marriott Tucson
- Tucson Marriott