“STARR PASS CONTINUES TO IMPRESS AND BRING US BACK”

JW Marriott Tucson Starr Pass Resort & Spa
Ranked #10 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 2 April 2014

We had not stayed here in a couple of years and decided to return. We were not disappointed. As adults looking for a quiet experience, we have learned that midweek visits are best to avoid the noisy unruly children. As elite members we had access to the spa which was a beautiful and tranquil. The service seems to have improved with friendlier staff. The Salud lounge is a favorite spot and Carlos, the manager oversees every detail. No matter how busy they are, the service is
excellent and most pleasant.

One bit of constructive criticism is the check in process. They had a big conference and only two people at the front desk and there is not elite check in. This will not work if they want to attract conferences.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the lounge are noisier.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for JW Marriott Tucson Starr Pass Resort & Spa

Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

This resort is simply top notch in just about every regard. All the staff seemed friendly and services provided are all excellent (they even have a Starbucks)! I've stayed here twice but was only able to visit the resort's restaurant the signature grill on my latest visit as my I was there strictly on business my first visit.

But WOW! I absolutely love this restaurant. Excellent food (organic, cage free, ect...) and outstanding service. Our server Chastity was exceptionally knowledgable of all the menu selections and had a cheerful and friendly attitude.

I found out that room service is catered by the signature grill so of course I ordered from my room the following night. The service we were provided by room service simply blew me out of the water. Our server Raymond provided the same caliber of excellence we got from the dining room. He was very speedy - a huge plus for any room service. He was also able to answer all of my husbands questions about the wines on the menu that the phone operator could not and likewise had a pleasant and friendly demeanor.

Overall, this resort has amazing folks on staff and there is so much more reason to stay there than just the restaurant. I didn't even mention the pool, spa, golf or hiking! But instead of writing a book long review, I'll say this - Just Go!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Joe was excellent for our breakfast, as Joe did everything possible for my wifes ditary needs. And the most impressive thing was Joe took care of the the next day without being asked! Joe is the BEST!! THANKS!!!!

Reviewed 31 March 2014

We booked a last minute trip to Arizona. The hotel was great. From service, to views to pools, it was top notch. We have only stayed at the Ritz Dove Mountains property in Tucson and this was equal in service. The pool servers went above and beyond to meet our needs as did the hotel staff. The flavored waters and kids eat free breakfast buffet were awesome treats! We typically travel to Phoenix but we loved Tucson. If we ever go back we will most definitely stay in Tucson.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Okay, this is a bit of an unorthodox review but i think it's important and relevant information for the prospective guest so I share with that intent.

My family and i are on a "road trip" and we had scouted the JW as our highlight fun-in-the-sun destination in Tucson. We're rewards member and had planned to cash in some points and chill at the pool.

Unfortunately I recieved an email 3 days before check-in saying they over booked a conference and were relocating all non conference guests. We were 2,000 miles from home wiht no other good options. I had book and guaranteed this room weeks earlier. It took a lot of follow up and persistance on our part but we finally got resolution.

Long story short, we agreed to relocate to the Westing La Paloma and, while I will not share the details publicly, I will say that the JW healed our pained and "made it right." Again with much persistence on our part.We would take another chance booking the JW based on their response when things went wrong and, barring some extremely unforseen event, I'll be posting a very favorable review of the Westin later this week.

How's THAT for a run-on sentence ;)

Room Tip: Well, for starters, get one.
Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank LarryMux
Chad L, Guest Relations Manager at JW Marriott Tucson Starr Pass Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Dear Valued Guest:

We sincerely regret that the resort was unable to honor your reservation. Unfortunately, this event was caused by circumstances beyond our control, but we nonetheless regret any upset or inconvenience that you experienced, as a result of our inability to accept your reservation. As a reflection of our good faith, we have accepted responsibility, and have responded in a manner to earn your satisfaction with our efforts.

On behalf, of the JW Marriott Starr Pass Resort & Spa, please accept our sincere apologies for the experience that you have encountered. Upon creating your return reservations, please contact me directly and I will oversee you upcoming arrangements.

Kind regards,

Chad Lybrook
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 31 March 2014

An afternoon Spa therapeutic massage that was very good. Krista was very professional and extremely proficient in her technique. I haven't had a better massage ever. The facilities were excellent and the location stunning. Really a great resort to visit and experience.

Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 30 March 2014

We live in the Tucson area and have stayed at both the Starr Pass and La Paloma resorts. While they are both nice, we've decided we prefer Starr Pass. They go out of their way to make you feel like a valued guest. The flavored water, tequila toast, and guided morning hikes set them apart from La Paloma. I also love all of their restaurants and appreciate the variety. And they are actually different restaurants versus different dinning rooms with food coming from the same kitchen. This past stay we dinned at primo and both the pizza and the main courses were delicious, as was the fresh bread.

As a local Tucsonan, I truely feel that this place best encompasses what Tucson is all about. So if you want to have a great vacation and money is no object, stay here!