“Top-notch experience!”

JW Marriott Tucson Starr Pass Resort & Spa
Ranked #10 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We are selective travelers. Starr Pass exceeded our expectations with terrific service in a beautiful setting. We especially enjoyed the breakfast buffet and were also impressed with the attentive service from Pedro at Catalina BBQ!

Room Tip: Ask for a city view.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (2,173)

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Although I did not stay a night or two, the atmosphere of this resort was very lively, romantic, and over all gorgeous. My boyfriend and I had dinner at the Catalina BBQ restaurant which the service was great but the food for the price was not much to brag about. After dinner we enjoyed the jazz concert where Jeff Kashiwa, Steve Cole, and Jackiem Joyner a.k.a Sax Pack gave an outstanding performance. After the concert, we enjoy some time on the patio which overlooked the pool and the night stars added to the ambiance of the evening.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vanessa K
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We used to live in Tucson and therefore have high expectations on our vacations there. The pluses of this resort:
+fantastic service! friendly, accommodating, remembered our names
+beautiful room with upgraded balcony
+kids and I loved the water infusions throughout the grounds
+good food
+great views
+great pool areas
+good spa services
+lovely live music on patio

Negatives:
-the other guests didn't seem to appreciate having children around, mine are well behaved but only felt welcome around the pool area. We ended up eating our meal there and going outside the resort for family dinners
-this place is far from the foothills (the area we love and that we visited daily to visit friends and shopping at la Encantada)
-largeness of resort, while this means there is a lot to do, it is a long walk between rooms, pools, restaurants, coffee

Room Tip: Request a partially enclosed balcony (stucco enclosure), we had one of the only rooms with views and...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Lauren O
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

JW Marriott Starr Pass resort is a luxurious oasis. The lazy river, slide, and pools are very nice. The golf course is beautiful, and the restaurants are outstanding. The resort does have its bad moments, but it is over all the best resort I've been to I will definatly be staying again soon.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 June 2014

From start to finish the service was amazing, especially in the restaurants. Ask for Max for breakfast at the Signature Grill where the service top to bottom was fantastic. Lots of gluten free options.

Kids loved the the easy river. My son (over 42 inches tall) loved the water slide.

The gym was very impressive for a hotel with lots of free weight dumbells and machines.

Room Tip: We spoiled ourselves with a corner suite which very comfortably fit our family of 4 with and extra r...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 June 2014

David Lee is the best Instructor for Golf lesson that I have ever had. I had taken lesson in the past with very minor success. David was able to explain what I was doing wrong in the first 3 minutes and then gave me the insight on how and what to change. Unlike other instructors David was able to take lemons and make some lemonade for me. He did not try and change my swing but only to improve it. It worked for me when I got home. I will return for the weather and the JW experience but most of all I hope to improve my game even more on the next trip. Thanks David

Room Tip: Get a room on the third floor on the right side facing the Golf course . Stunning view, need I say m...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Entire staff is highly trained and thoroughly service-oriented. One of the finest (though very challenging) golf courses in S. AZ. Make sure you visit the Catalina Barbeque Co. at the golf clubhouse. Great food and company on any given day. Kevin Brown and Mia Rubellini are the nicest of bartenders you will ever meet.

Room Tip: up top abutting the mtns is best
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple