Negatives: We booked for a room that would sleep 5 people. Apparently that means to double beds (which would not sleep 2 adults comfortably) and a blow up air mattress (which we had to ask for twice) wedged between the dresser and the foot of the beds, leaving no room to walk. I inquired about upgrading to a suite, but was informed that they were no bigger as far as sleeping space went.The bath linens, which I expected to be large and fluffy at a 5 star resort, were small and scratchy. The staff at the front desk was great, but the staff at the pool and restaurant hostesses were horrible and condescending. Speaking of pools, one reason we booked here was the lap pool, as my son is an athletic swimmer. Unfortunately , that pool was inaccessible to him because he is not 18, even though I never saw a single guest utilize that pool during our entire stay. The other pools were ridiculously chaotic and not at all relaxing. The service at the pool were extremely slow (20min for a drink). Also, the way the resort is designed, we had to use 2 different elevators and hike through the lobby to get to the pool. The number of people traipsing through the gorgeous lobby area in bathing suits and flip flops with blow up rafts turned the 5 star atmosphere into a joke. Although we got a great rate on our rooms, everything else was VERY pricey, as expected (breakfast buffet was $25 per person, but delicious). I would have rather paid a flat $500 per night all inclusive then pay the same and feel like I was being "nickeled and dimed" to death.
Positives: The grounds were beautiful and the water pressure in the showers was great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- JW Marriott Starr Pass Tucson Resort & Spa blends seamlessly into its tranquil yet animated mountaintop setting, as natural as the surrounding desert itself. Our resort in Tucson merges surpassing luxury and personal service with ample family-friendly recreation, an incredible array of dining options, three nine-hole desert golf courses, entertaining traditions, free Wi-Fi in the lobby and patio, plus supreme indulgences such as our Hashani Spa. Complementing the natural surroundings, our fabulous array of multi-level swimming pools, waterslides, lazy rivers, and dancing fountains are fun for all ages. With spectacular views, exciting activities for the entire family, and a landscape laced with nature trails throughout for hiking and biking, you'll make memories that will last a lifetime. Immerse yourself in our AAA Four-Diamond resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HRS, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your JW Marriott Tucson Starr Pass Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Starr Pass Resort And Spa
- Jw Marriott Starr Pass Hotel Tucson
- JW Marriott Tucson Starr Pass Resort & Spa Arizona
- Marriott Starr Pass Hotel
- Marriott Tucson
- Tucson Marriott