JW Marriott Tucson Starr Pass Resort & Spa
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Comfort Suites at Sabino Canyon(Tucson)(Great Value!)
US$84
US$82
US$193
US$173
Best Western Royal Sun Inn & Suites(Tucson)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$256
US$272
US$264
2,257 results
All reviewslazy riversignature grilltequila toastgolf coursecatalina bbqmorning ritualself parkinghiking trailscity lightsoutdoor patioevery eveningmain poolbeautiful propertydesert museumfitness centerprimosalud
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

We went for my wife's birthday. The hotel was awesome. We loved everything an everyone. Two people that I would like to give a huge shoot out to... Big Troy in LP and Pedro in the kids rec department. My kids loved Troy and he was so nice to talk to and get to know. Pedro taught my wife to hula hoop. I was funny but awesome. Thanks again for everything.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Just finished dinner at the Catalina barbecue restaurant . Great service and truly the best ribs and brisket tips we've ever had anywhere. Yes, even better than KC, Cinci, and Memphis . Must have side is the creamed corn. Outstanding!!!

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Flyboy861
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I'm a Marriott Platinum Elite so I have an expectation of service. We were supposed to meet up with a couple we knew the first night who'd already arrived, but discovered they'd moved to Dove Mountain because of the poor service here. We'd already made reservations so decided to give it a shot. Plus, I like this place.

So...

Valet- great
Bellhop - great
desk - great
matt the server on the patio - great
room - great
food - great
spa - great
Primo - beyond great except for the hostess girls who were not so great.
Signature Grill which was okay, but not great because the waiter lied to us (see other review)

What also wasn't so great was when I went to the lazy river and asked the guard checking wristbands at 1PM on Saturday August 16th what time the lazy river opened, he said, "I don't know." I looked at the walkie on his belt and knew he could ask anyone for the answer, but instead he acted like a mall cop. I said, "You don't know?" He said "Yep. Just came on at noon." What'd he think, I was taking a poll of his random knowledge? What happened with finding out the answer if you don't know the answer? What about asking the other employee who was ten feet away from him? What about actually trying to find the answer to a simple question asked by a customer who dropped a thousand bucks at your resort? I guess it was too much trouble.

What also wasn't so great was the noise of the corporate activities. Luckily, I had access to the private spa pool. Had I not, it would have just been too noisy. I get that you hold corporate events, but test your freaking megaphones please. Everyone in the entire vicinity of the hotel, to include the front drop off area, and the golf course doesn't need to hear the musical chairs, or the dunk tank, or any of the other games that were being blared at full blast over the megaphone.

Room Tip: Eat at Primo!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Weston65
Reviewed 19 August 2014

This is our fourth trip to Tucson, we like it so much we are seriously thinking about moving there.
We love staying at the hotel but our favorite part is going to dinner at the Catalina BBQ Co.
Delicious meals! our favorite waiter, Pedro Feria was there! when Pedro is there you are guaranteed to have a great time, he was great in helping us decide what to get from all the great options, with great manners an such a great sense of customer service. We can't wait to go back again to see the sunsets amongst the saguaros and of course to try new items at the Catalina BBQ Co.
When you go, ask for Pedro, tell him you heard of him on Tripadvisor and have a great time!

Room Tip: rooms in the back, towards the hiking trails, super quiet...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We just spent a week at the JW Marriott Starr Pass Resort, and we had a fantastic time.

The staff was very helpful, especially our server Trisk at the Signature Grill, who greeted us at breakfast every morning. She was very patient with our large party and so great with all of our kids.

Our family also really enjoyed the variety of pools at the resort. Vacation went by too fast!

Room Tip: We had a 5th floor suite for our family of 6. It had a beautiful view and plenty of space for all of us.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family