“Great Local Hideaway”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 5 September 2013

First visit & surprised in good ways. McGraw's Cantina is located off Harrison just north of Irvington . It has a bar area, indoor seating, outdoor seating, outdoor seating in smoking area, and Rose room for special events. The outdoor seating has a beautiful view of the mountains as well as Pantano Stables (horse riding & boarding). We sat outside and were promptly waited on. There were several other tables & the bar was about half full - all a good sign. The menu is short but thorough. We all enjoyed our entrees, chips & salsa. The salsa is made in-house & had a really good kick to it. I had the lemonade which is the best lemonade I have had in my almost 20 years in the south! That's saying something considering I lived in the backwoods of South Carolina & had a real southern lady for a landlord. There were a large amount of flies (I am sure due to the location being near a stable), but the view at sunset was outstanding & well worth the hassle. I found that in putting on Patchouli oil the flies dispersed rather rapidly. We dined with our two children, 7 & 10, and since there was no children's menu I asked if a half order could be made & the server was quick to say yes. She was very informative, attentive, and happened to be the only server other than the bar tender, but handled all of the tables superbly! The prices were really good too, I would like to see a military discount. Sure enough, a new owner has taken the reigns & will be adding a military discount this week! I highly recommend this restaurant for all and any type of dining or event involving food. Inside seemed more sports bar-ish but all-in-all I liked our dinner experience. Certainly will return in the very near future. And oh, the bathroom (ladies) was clean.

1  Thank CookerOfFaith40

Reviewed 7 May 2013 via mobile

We took some guests up for a late lunch, beers all around and they had O'Douls for our non drinking friend. Kudos for that alone! The pulled pork sandwich, Cole slaw and sweet potato fries were mouth watering good! Buns were warm, fresh and made the whole BBQ sauce a thing of perfection! Guests were so delighted with the whole restaurant that they will return again when they move here! We love a successful day of business capped off with relaxation and the views on Tucson McGraws outdoor patio. We'll be back!

Reviewed 13 April 2013

Love to sit out on the patio when we eat here. Food is always great and the portions are huge. My nephew loves to feed the ground squirrels and road runner his french fries. This restaurant also offers a nice view at sunset. I think they have live music on certain nights too.

Reviewed 25 March 2013

May to crowded and loud the food was not cold and not very good price was OK for what you got would not return,

2  Thank patricia s
Reviewed 21 March 2013

Hey folks....you don't go to Tucson McGraw's because it has "haute cuisine". But tuck in there an hour or so before sunset, sit outside, have a couple of "Fat Tires" on tap and revel in the gorgeous scenery to the south and west. You'll love it. The fries are great, and the tri-tip sandwiches are pretty good so just enjoy and don't whine about this not having a French chef preparing your fare.