“Awesome Venue”

Fox Theater
Ranked #2 of 52 Fun & Games in Tucson
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Useful Information: Stairs / lift, Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Baby buggy parking, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 20 March 2014

The Fox Theater was restored to it's original Art Deco period. I couldn't stop looking at. From the ceiling to light fixtures, painting of the walls it is a real treasure. We have been their for a concert twice and the acoustics are great, and no support poles block your view. It's small and intimate and the seats are very comfortable. You must keep in mind if you visit the theater, it's not one of those mega theaters, other wise, one would be disappointed. But, if you truly love great architecture and that Art Deco period, this place won't disappointment. Plus it's located downtown Tucson, so, you have plenty of bars and restaurants to visit.

1  Thank Cheryl F

Reviewed 13 March 2014

We stopped in to see a movie. The theater takes you back to the 60's. The seats were old school and the snack bar was basic popcorn, soda and candy. The theather advertised upcoming events like highlighting stars of the past.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

The Fox is a wonderful vintage venue that has been nicely restored. I was there for a classical concert, and was delighted that the acoustics were good, seating comfortable, ambience a pleasant breeze from the past.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

They did a fabulous job at renovating this theater. The old time theater feel made me think of going to the movies when I was a kid.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

This was my first time seeing a show at The Fox and I have to say that I was very impressed. The venue is cozy and small which allows for a really intimate performance. We came to see George Thorogood , whom I've seen many times and always in a much larger venue. It was a great experience to see the show..and actually really SEE the show.

We sat on the balcony in the love seats, which is a great way to go- extra space and the ability to get all up close and personal with the person you're sitting with. ;) (You buy these tickets in pairs, so no worries that you'll be the one getting cozy with someone you don't know). There was a nice bar-like ledge in front of us which I kept trying to put my drink on. Don't do this. Security will jump on you for it in under 2.5 seconds. Try it and find out.

I've heard that you can't dance at this venue-we did see people dancing in their seats, but the second anyone even leaned over into the aisle, security asked them to get back in line. Not sure how I feel about this- there are so many times that it's great to be able to get up and dance in the aisle, or approach the stage if the band allows it.

Overall a super cool space- I wasn't here prior to the renovation, but it looks amazing as it is now. I will definitely be back for another show. The acoustics are much better than the Rialto as well..sometimes I leave the Rilalto wondering who forgot to hook up the sound system.

1  Thank phoenixwan