“Paying to talk to Santa, Seriously?”

Pantano Riding Stables
Reviewed 24 December 2013

I really liked their holiday ride, with ONE big exception. They charged to sit on Santa's lap. SERIOUSLY? I can see charging for a picture, but to say hi to Santa? That is absolutely the greediest thing I think I have ever seen. BEWARE of this, because you can imagine how upset some children might get if you don't bring the $5 in cash to sit on Santa's lap.

2  Thank poorkids

Reviewed 5 July 2013

I came in April with four family members and we all absolutely loved it. The ride was with Dillion. Last week I came by myself for a sunset ride and it was so fun. This ride was with Alyssa and she is very capable and friendly. The value of the ride makes it so affordable. Treat yourself to a Tucson treasure. Carolyn

2  Thank carolyn s
Reviewed 29 April 2013

I was very upset by the way that this business is being run.

First off, I was a wrangler at a dude ranch for 5 years so I know exactly how the business is run. The ride was awful and was no "scenic" at all. The staff needs a serious reform and so do the facilities. The tack was not taken care of and looked like it could break any moment. Also, the wranglers do not carry any first aid kids or anything with them. What would happen if someone got hurt? There were just so many different liabilities all over the property. Unfortunately, I will have to be reporting this to the business bureau of Tucson. This Business cannot continue to be in operation. I would never recommend this to anyone else. The horses look terrible and yes horses and hay are very expensive. But the condition of the horses was not good at all. There stalls were not clean either. I could go on for forever but it's to upsetting. Never ever go here!

12  Thank Toph177
Reviewed 11 March 2013

Having read about many horseback riding experiences into the desert, we expected a little more than we got for our money. We didn't ride into the desert. We rode around...and around...in a dry river bed. Yes, there were a few cactus, as promised. And they didn't misrepresent the experience. We just had higher expectations. The best part was the staff. They were very, very friendly, and made it a good time.

5  Thank Buster409
Reviewed 7 March 2013

I took my family and friends on a ride. The stable hands were experienced with working with hard of hearing/Deaf individuals. They remembered to look to me for translation and they were patient with allowing time for translation. We had a wonderful ride through the desert landscape around Tucson, and were taken up a hill for a gorgeous view of the city. Our Guide were fun and engaging during the whole ride. the price couldn't be beat! I will recommend the Stable for any trip you take.

allfun, Owner at Pantano Riding Stables, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2013

Thank you so much for your feed back!!! See you again soon.