“Outstanding breakfast”

Crying Onion Cafe
Ranked #212 of 1,976 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Florida
“Outstanding breakfast”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

My husband and I love a good breakfast when traveling. I had read reviews of the Crying Onion Café and we gave it a try. Without Trip Advisor I doubt that we would have gone here as it is located in a small strip mall and we wouldn't have even seen it. It would have been our loss. The food and service was very good. We went two days in a a row. The first day I had huevos rancheros and they were good. However, my husband had a pecan pancake and it was outstanding. I am very picky when it comes to pancakes and don't like them if they are doughy. I had one taste of my husbands pancake and knew that when we returned that I would have them. That is exactly what happened. Yummy!! The place was very clean and the service was great. Sure wish we lived close enough to return.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank KatGio

Tombstone, Arizona
“Best breakfast -reasonable prices- excellent service”
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

So glad I chose this place to meet the family for breakfast! My daughters loved their food. Chorizo for one and she raved about the homemade beans that were served with it. The other had the veggie scramble and loved every bite. Pancakes were to die for! And eggs properly over medium prepared to go with awesome home fries! Hubby loved their link sausage! Will drive the hour and half again just for that great breakfast!

1 Thank Davis B
Tucson, Arizona
“Still great”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Hadn't been here for awhile and went for breakfast. Had the same thing I always have..the combo, with the platter-sized pancake. Mmmm.

Visited May 2014
Brownstown Township, Michigan
“Down home breakfast!!!”
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

This place has an awesome breakfast!! We both loved our food!! The service was also very good, waitress was very busy but still managed to wait on us quickly! This is a place the locals eat, so if you want a great breakfast stop here!!

Visited April 2014
Westland
“Great Breakfast”
Reviewed 22 February 2014

We ate here our last day in Tucson. Major mistake waiting til the last day. My wife had pancakes, eggs and coffee cake. The homemade coffee cake was outstanding. I had an excellent omelette. Good service to boot.

• Visited February 2014