“best time ever!”

Houston's Horseback Riding
America
“best time ever!”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Went on Oct. 19th, 2013 with my husband and two children who are 12 & 9. It was all our 1st time ever riding a horse. Barbie and Madie where wonderful. They explained everything thoroughly and took extra care with the children getting on since it was all our 1st time riding. The horses were calm and we'll trained. They steered us around smoothly in and around Saguaro National Park as it just reopened. My 9 year old had DooRay, my hubby had Charlie, I rode Carmen, and my 12 year old had Pebbles. You can tell that the horses are beautifully well cared for and that Houston's takes there job seriously. I would highly recommend this business to anyone and everyone!

Houston, Texas
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Good Ride”
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Unfortunately, we were not unable ride into the national forest since the US government was shutdown. The ride had to be routed down a wash and through a neighborhood. The wash area was extremely dusty. Since we don't ride very often, we learned that two hours was pretty long.

1 Thank Bob M
Pottstown, Pennsylvania
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great first time ride for my kids”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I treated my two sons (4 and 7) to their first ever ride at Houston's! We had so much fun. Despite the National parks being closed, the guides were able to take us on a great ride. Our guides were wonderful, very patient with my kids, and answered all their questions over and over again! "How old is that catus?" This outing was one of the highlights of our trip.

Chicago suburbs
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 109 helpful votes
“Excellent experience overall”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We had a tight travel schedule and the owner accommodated our schedule as well as our preferred length of time for the rides.

Our oldest daughter has some special needs and was afraid to get on her horse. The two young ladies who directed our ride were extremely patient with our daughter and eventually assisted her with mounting the horse. One of the guides also directed the reins of our daughter's horse so that she didn't have to 'steer' the horse herself.

The ride was into the area behind their property and was absolutely beautiful. The horse were very gentle, as was the ride.

I can't say enough nice things about this business and the two guides who went way beyond the call of duty to assist our daughter. Thank you ladies!

Louisville, Kentucky
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Great time in Tucson.”
Reviewed 8 September 2013

We had a great time on this horseback ride with very knowledgeable instructors. They helped the novices in our group in every way and it made the experience even more memorable. If you are looking for a great time in a very picturesque setting I would highly recommend this trail ride to you.

Visited June 2013