“Perfect birthday gift for a sweet 16!”

Houston's Horseback Riding
Grove City, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Perfect birthday gift for a sweet 16!”
Reviewed 2 January 2014

This was a gift to my daughter for her 16th birthday and it well exceeded my expectations! Bobbi and her staff are fantastic! They took very good care of my 6 year old, 9 year old, 16 year old and myself! The ride through the Saguaro National Park was just stunning. I HIGHLY recommend and we will certainly make it a point to go again!

2 Thank Cynthia T

Barrington, Illinois
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Been coming out here since I was small and this is the best stable!”
Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

Wish I had been here before! Great stable, well cared for horses and great trails. Coming back next year to try the fast ride. Kids had a blast and the staff was very friendly and knowledgable.

1 Thank Newtmena
Raleigh, North Carolina
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Great fun for the entire family! A highlight of our trip!”
Reviewed 31 December 2013

I asked both my children 11 and 14 to rate their trip to Tucson. Horse back riding at Houston's was at the top of both of their lists. They loved the horses and as a mom of a child with special needs (high functioning autism), I appreciated the thoughtful care they took of my daughter. They kept her horse on a leash for the first part of the ride and then once they felt confident she had the horse under control, they let go of the leash. Unlike many on these reviews, we did not get to go riding with Bobbi, however, our instructor/guide Liz, was fantastic! She made the ride fun and informative and put all of us (including this nervous mommy) at ease. It doesn't matter your riding experience, this is a great way to spend time together and see some beautiful scenery. Well worth the cost and the fact that my children put it at the top of their "go back to" list is priceless.

1 Thank lauren_nc
Leeds, United Kingdom
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“A Beautiful place that cannot be matched”
Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

Just returned from a morning ride at the ranch. Bobby the owner is a fantastic host together with a very attentive staff. All horses are matched in size and temprement to the rider. My two children have visted here many times in the past with my wife and me. Everything is very special from the moment you arrive at the ranch to the second you leave.

What a wonderful location in the world this is to ride with the dessert and river wash on the other side if the fence to the ranch.

Whether you are an exeprienced rider or have never riden a horse before, if you are aged 4 or 94 you will be made welcome and have a great ride.

My daughter has a disability and has riden her since she was 4 she is now 10 years old and has become quite an accomplished rider. Houston's was a great introduction to riding and a great experience every time we have chance to visit.

I cannot recomend Houston's highly enough and Bobby and all her staff are beyond any superlative I could think of.

1 Thank Michael S
Annandale, New Jersey
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Fun, Professional, Exceptional, Skilled, Caring”
Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

Bobbie Houston, owner and her staff are the very best! We rode Sterling and Remington, two beautiful, well cared for horses on a desert trail ride. This is the place to go for a trail ride. Fantastic!