“Grandma Goes Riding”

El Paso, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Grandma Goes Riding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

Recently travelled with my 80+ old parents to Arizona and decided to give horseback riding a try. While we had all been on horses in the past, never together. My mother was tossed off a horse 20 years ago and still had the courage to get back on. I must say she couldn't have done it without our great trainer, Liz; a natural with horses and a great guide. The same goes for the owner, Bobbi. The Saguaro Desert is beautiful and our guide pointed out endless tidbits of information, making the experience all the more interesting. Thank you to Bobbi and her great team!!

Visited June 2014
2 Thank MTSaenz

manchester
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“more fun than I thought it would be !!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

After only ever been horse riding once before I was a little unsure what to expect. It seems to be a family run business and the ladies that take you out on the trail are lovely. The horses are ex rodeo horses so they are so well trained and behaved. We went out as a small group just the four of us and the trainer which gave it a real personal touch. We all followed each other in a convoy and we could sit back, relax and enjoy the views as the horses knew exactly were they where going. What a fun and lovely day we had I would recommend this place to anyone book book book with them you will not regret it !

Visited May 2014
2 Thank laura69697
Vancouver, BC
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Fun tour”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

I went with my daughter for the horseback riding at Houston's. The 2 ladies with us were very friendly. there were 2 kids in our group and the ladies were very patient with them. Some part of the area was very dusty and we saw lots of interesting cactus and rabbits. It was a worthwhile trip to Houston's.

Visited June 2014
Rochester, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Vacation Highlight”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

Our family of four (two girls -- age 9 and 11) have been to Tucson a few times to visit family and this time my wife suggested that we try something different and try horseback riding through the desert. Everything about it was great. We called for reservations and got a call back later that evening for a spot the next day-- Bobbi was very friendly and made us feel welcome right away. We got paired with veteran touring horses that were so calm and lovely. We rode an afternoon session into the Saguaro National Park and it was incredible, complete with multiple wildlife sightings and a beautiful sunset over the mountains on our way back. Everyone had a great time and it was the highlight of our vacation.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Steven L
Baldwin City, Kansas
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 80 helpful votes
“If you are in Tucson, you have to come here!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

I agree with all the reviews, this was just a really fun adventure we did when we were in Tucson! Bobbi set us on horses that would match us and everyone was really nice and made sure we were comfortable. Hadn't been on a horse in many years and they absolutely put us at ease and we had a marvelous time. The ride goes through the Saguaro National Park and Bobbi and her helper explained the cactus types, birds, the area. It was just really fun! Very lucky to have gotten a reservation at last minute so do call head and schedule your time. I believe it was $120 for two people which is very reasonable. Excellent fun time!!!!!!!

Visited April 2014