“Gourmet food, reasonable prices”
Review of Cafe Botanica

Cafe Botanica
Ranked #192 of 2,211 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: Cafe
Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

My friend and I each had the sopes, which were delicious; hers came with a side of fruit and mine came with a salad. Everything was very fresh and flavorful. The service was great, too. There was seating inside and out, where you could still see the gardens. Highly recommended.

Date of visit: February 2018

Reviewed 10 February 2018

To dine at this cafe in the middle of the TBG requires paying admission to the gardens if you are not a member. I entered as a member's guest and we stopped here for coffee and scones before taking a close look at plants indigenous to the area. We sat at a wrought-iron table on the brick patio and ordered coffee and two currant and cardamom scones ($2.50 each). The coffee proved to be rich and bold -- the way I like it -- and my freshly baked scone was delicious. Service was quick and attentive -- we were the only people there -- and the atmosphere lovely with tall trees behind a low wall and plenty of cactus and myriad plants in the vicinity.

After our exploration, we returned for lunch around 11:30 a.m. and again sat alone on the patio. During our stay, a few people arrived to eat in the small interior dining room. I ordered a vegetarian torta with homemade Bolillo buns. It contained seasonal grilled vegetables, goat cheese and herb pesto ($9). I also requested a salad of seasonal greens ($9) to go. The salad included dried fruits, nuts and local goat cheese. I asked for the house vinaigrette on the side. Both choices were quite good.

For those who would like to dine here and are not TBG members and uninterested in paying an admission fee, it is free to enter the gardens in summer on Saturday and Sunday between 6:30 a.m. and 7:30 a.m. Check out the cafe's menu and operating hours on-line.

Date of visit: December 2017
1  Thank Rumples
Reviewed 25 January 2018

We had the most delicious, unique meal here when we visited the Tucson Botanical Gardens. The food was so fresh and organically sourced. Highly recommend a dining experience here.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 23 January 2018

Really should rank this as "excellent" in terms of food, but we had such a hard time with the service. It is mostly a lunch spot, but they are open two nights a week for dinner, which is when we were there. I think that because of that they are used to getting people in and out quickly. We didn't even have time to finish our appetizers (in fact, we'd barely started them) before our meal was brought out. And the salad that was supposed to come before the main course was instead included with the main. So our table was overflowing and then we had two different waiters stopping by every few minutes to ask us how we were doing. It just became a comedy, but unfortunately not one that we enjoyed. So we would definitely eat there again, but would probably do lunch instead of dinner.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 2 December 2017

After my daughter and I joined the Botanical Gardens,. we visited one day and found to our surprise that their small indoor-outdoor cafe had wonderful and different choices of food made by loving hands.. It is a lighter fare, rather than a bulky one, but delicious.We will go again. Astarte

Date of visit: June 2017

Been to Cafe Botanica? Share your experiences!