“Tasty food with a view”
Review of Cafe Botanica

Cafe Botanica
Ranked #192 of 2,208 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: Cafe
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

By the time you walk through the gardens at the Tucson Botanical Gardens and reach Cafe Botanical your blood pressure will have dropped! This place has a relaxing tranquil feel. The Cafe is tucked into the Xeriscape Garden. Menu excellent, fresh and features AZ desert and New Mexico fare. Breakfast is my favorite, but they serve lunch each day and dinners at least on the weekends. Wonderful place to go. Service is as excellent as the food. Outside patio dining in the garden and inside dining in an old adobe house.

2  Thank Judith D

Reviewed 9 April 2018

We knew that the special Origami exhibit was ending on 4/1, and had not yet seen it, so hightailed it to the Gardens on Thursday 3/29. After taking in all the exhibits, we went for lunch, and got the last outdoor table in the shade. It is so pleasant to sit out there on their patio. My husband had the "Botanica Sopes" with beef, and I took something off the breakfast menu, the "Banana French Toast Strata". Everything was beautifully delivered to the table, and everything was very tasty and delicious. We have small appetites, and I definitely could not see myself finishing my meal, but I did. And the only reason for that is that it was so good. Drank "Herbal Iced Tea from the Desert" along with our food, and it was most pleasant.

Service was good, but it does take quite a while for the food to be brought out. I think their kitchen is small, and everything is made from scratch, so one has to wait. However, in such pleasant surroundings, the wait goes faster.

2  Thank NYU62
Reviewed 21 March 2018

We loved the gardens and found a sunny spot for lunch. I tried the Spicy Pork Buns, the were so tasty I wanted to lick my plate! Everything I saw looked so good and I like the fact that it was mostly local.

Reviewed 16 March 2018

This cafe is nestled in the middle of the lovely desert botanical gardens. It's small with a few tables inside and about a dozen on the patio. The menu is unique and delicious. My favorite is Frida's corn pudding - a slice of heaven. An entrance fee to the cafe is necessary to access the cafe and well worth it.

Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

My friend and I each had the sopes, which were delicious; hers came with a side of fruit and mine came with a salad. Everything was very fresh and flavorful. The service was great, too. There was seating inside and out, where you could still see the gardens. Highly recommended.