“Tasty food, kind waitstaff”

BAI Thong Restaurant
Ranked #616 of 2,096 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We all like Thai food, and I especially appreciate restaurant meals with lots of veggies. Our last dinner here was nice but a little disappointing. The dishes were well-prepared, but I guess food price increases have driven them to cut back on the amount of fresh vegetables they use.. Each dish had its pluses and minuses. The yellow curry with coconut milk (Kang Karee) was delicious, but the potatoes in this dish were a bit underdone. Pad Thai had excellent flavor, while the lettuce & carrots on this plate were a little tired. A Thai sweet and sour that we asked for had a wonderful light sauce, but not as many things in the sauce as we expected. Another plus: they are open on Sunday nights. Others have commented on the shabbiness of dining room. I would not agree. I found it neat and tidy, but we didn't use the wash room, so not sure on that. I would definitely come back again. (dinner on March 30 2014.)

1  Thank Miss_W0rd

Reviewed 1 February 2014

We go to a lot of Thai restaurants in a lot of different places, & this one has nothing to recommend it. The food wasn't bad, but it was boring. My husband's Pad Thai was bland, my sweet & sour dish was good, not great. The eggroll was blah & greasy. The soup tasted like canned vegetable. Lunch portions were quite small. Service was fine, but the place is beat up & not clean... what a difference some TLC would make, in the decor & especially in the food.

1  Thank JamaisVu
Reviewed 1 January 2014

This restaurant is really a sleeper. In a strip mall just east of /swan on Speedway, one has to really seek it out.

The decor is rather tired, and the atmosphere is down-scale family style.

The food and service are both excellent. Since these are the main attractions for any restaurant, it rates a "five".

Reviewed 16 December 2013

When you first walk in, with the old age of the decor and the smells coming from the kitchen, you may want to about-face and leave. And, that's okay. While the service was fine, the food is pretty average. Maybe even a tad below. It's served to order - you can get mild or Thai hot, and it is presented nicely. I had the veggie curry which did not have the promised broccoli. Mostly napa cabbage and carrots. The best dish at the table was the duck. Enjoy the funny American translations on the menu, such as Hinikin and Bud Weier.

Reviewed 28 September 2013

Very good Thai menu with many choices.Server was family and at lunch was very helpful explaining and delivering hot & spicy food and cold Singha Beer.Very nice luncheon stop.

1  Thank Jjdaily

Been to BAI Thong Restaurant? Share your experiences!