“Fantastic, beautiful, quiet, and a great home-away-from-home”

Cactus Cove Bed and Breakfast Inn
Ranked #12 of 45 Tucson B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 January 2012

Sally of Cactus Cove offered us a fantastic get-away place. Cactus Cove B&B was modern, clean, quiet and very resourceful – from the pool to the beautiful gardens to the mountain views. The rooms and the property are well decorated in color coordinated décor, and the breakfasts were delicious. One of the best B&B’s we have stayed at. We would definitely consider returning.

Room Tip: 3 rooms face the pool, and one is more secluded around the back.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Sharktooth, Owner at Cactus Cove Bed and Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2012

It was such a joy to have you two stay at Cactus Cove. Your home away from home. It is people like you that makes me enjoy having guests year after year. I look forward to your return. Thanks for your review.

Reviewed 3 July 2011

After having stayed at Cactus Cove for a couple of days in 2007, we went back there for a week in April 2011. As the first time, we loved everything about Cactus Cove this time as well.
With its location on the east side of Tuscon, Cactus Cove is a great base to explore the area, however, there is a serenity and calmness at Cactus Cove that is perfect to relax and hang out. The patio and pool area is a great outdoor place and we ended up spending more time there (enjoying the desert view and climate) than on daytrips to the local attractions.
All the rooms are nice but we liked the Saguaro Cactus Suite for its size and privacy and the Barrel Cactus Suite for its decor. The whole property is very well kept up, up to date (TVs, internet , etc.) and always cleaned spotless. We also liked the neighborhood which is only loosely built over and offers a real desert feel without being isolated or far away from restaurants and shops.
Another reason to visit Cactus Cove is the innkeeper, Sally. She is such an interesting and wonderful person and a great host. Her exquisite breakfasts on the patio always made for a good start to the day. We felt right at home there and enjoyed Sally's company so much that departing felt like leaving a relative or friend.
No doubt, we will be back at Cactus Cove.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Sharktooth, Owner at Cactus Cove Bed and Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2011

Thank you so much for writing that wonderful review. I so appreciate you taking the time to do it.
I too felt like you are my friends after those two visits. I enjoyed talking with you both. Looking forward to your 3rd visit, dear friends. Can't wait.

Reviewed 30 June 2011

The first time my husband and I stayed at Cactus Cove was a few years back. We absolutely loved everything about the B & B. We both agreed this B & B was worthy of and 2nd stay and had been wanting to return for sometime. We were finally able to return for a two night stay in June 2011. As I said, we absolutely loved everything about this B & B. Sally is one of the finest B & B hosts we've experienced....and we've stayed at numerious B & B's. The grounds are amazing. The pool, the views, the wildlife are like no other place we've stayed. The outdoor showers were someting new for us and we loved it! Breakfasts and evening treats were all wonderful. During out first stay we were surprised with two pieces of delicious strawberry pie. Our stay in June 2011 was to celebrate our 25 anniversary and Sally had a piece of chocolate cake with "Happy Anniversary" waiting for us upon arrival. Our second night we returned after dinner to chocolate covered strawberries. There is not one thing I can complain about when it comes to this B & B. If you're ever looking for a B & B in Tuscon you must try the Cactus Cove!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Sharktooth, Owner at Cactus Cove Bed and Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2011

You two were such a delight to have as guests at Cactus Cove. I enjoyed seeing you again and I was sad when you left. I am looking forward to your next visit. Thank you so much for the nice review.

Reviewed 22 May 2011

We loved the incredible beauty of the location, looking directly into the Catalina Mountains. Cactus Cove is very well appointed. We really enjoyed our room, our outdoor shower, the pool, the landscaping and the outdoor dining area. However, we left feeling disappointed because while the innkeeper was overtly very gracious, we experienced her as ultimately being more attentive to her own needs than to ours.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mtree5
Sharktooth, Owner at Cactus Cove Bed and Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2011

Thank you for your positive review of Cactus Cove. I have No 1 on priority list to make sure my guest needs are met and they are having a great time. I have noticed that some are getting too much sun and I offer them some suncreen 55. Also when they are celebrating a special occasion a cake is waiting in their suite. I really try to make sure they are having a great time at Cactus Cove and in Tucson.

Reviewed 25 April 2011

We stayed at Cactus Cove ten years ago, and my now-husband proposed there in the desert clearing on the property. It was lovely - the perfect setting, ringed by mountains and with amazing views. There are a lot of birds and wildlife on the property, and the stars at night are clear and gorgeous. We loved taking breakfast in the outdoor great room. The room was spacious, clean, and comfortably appointed. It's a very peaceful place to stay, and we're very glad to hear that the inn is still there and thriving. Thank you for a wonderful memory!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank biblio123
Sharktooth, Owner at Cactus Cove Bed and Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2011

Wow it has been 10 years. I do remember you. Would love to have you stay at Cactus Cove for one of your anniversary. Hope to see you both in the future. Kind Regards, Sally

Reviewed 13 February 2011

My husband stayed at this b&b in Oct 2010. We were scheduled to stay in
Cactus Cove for 4 nights and enjoyed our stay and the surrpounding
area so much that we extended our stay by another day.

We were upgraded to the saguaro suite and it was brilliant: private
entrance, own little courtyard (with
outdoor shower) and a nice bathroom.

Cactus cove was the most expensive accommodation during our trip but
definitely worth the money. It is in
a really nice and quiet area at the foot of the hills, you just do not
get this elsewhere. Plus, with a very
nice breakfast included every day, you save on the money you would
otherwise have to spend on this.

Sally was an enthusiastic and very knowledgeable host who gave us good
suggestions of things to do and each day when
we came home from our excursions we had some little home baked treats
waiting for us in our room.

We can thoroughly recommend this b&b and hope to be able to return one day.

Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Sharktooth, Owner at Cactus Cove Bed and Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2011

Thank you so much for your nice review. I appreciate you taking the time to do this. I look forward to your next time. You are the reason I love doing this B and B

Reviewed 30 January 2011

Cactus Cove is wonderful. Your host Sally is a delight. The grounds are beautiful. She has a huge patio with amazing views and a large fireplace. No picture on a website could do it justice. The pool is nothing short of amazing. Each room is very clean, extremely comfortable and very tastefully executed. If you are a foodie, you will not be disappointed. My favorite take home memory of the trip was the private outdoor shower. Hot steam surrounds you while you cast your gaze up to the heavens, what could be better? The stress will melt off of you like chocolate on the dashboard of your car in the hot AZ sun...better get in the pool pronto! Think the price is steep? It is, but worth every penny! Come see for yourself!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Sharktooth, Owner at Cactus Cove Bed and Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2014

So enjoyed having you two stay at Cactus Cove. It is because of people like yourselves that I so enjoying doing this Bed and Breakfast. I look forward to your next visit when I will greet you as friends not just as guests. Can't come soon enough.