“Perfect Weekend Get-Away”

Cactus Cove Bed and Breakfast Inn
Ranked #12 of 45 Tucson B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 July 2012

This was my third stay at Cactus Cove and per usual, Sally was an amazing hostess! We love our room -- the Barrel Cactus Suite -- and the private outdoor showers are a real treat. The breakfasts are yummy and we love relaxing in the pool in the evenings. Sally pays particular attention to details -- chocolate covered strawberries upon arrival and delicious oatmeal cookies. Cactus Cove is a great place to get away for a weekend during the summer months.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 11 July 2012

You two are a delightful couple. I so enjoy having you stay at Cactus Cove. When you return it is like returning friends. Looking forward to the next time. Thank you so much for writing this review.

Reviewed 6 June 2012

This was our second stay at Cactus Cove and I enjoyed my first stay so much that I had my fingerscrossed it would still be as lovely. I wasn't disappointed. This B&B is just perfect if you want to relax and enjoy a wonderful desert setting. Everything from the pool, to the rooms to the breakfasts and treats provided by our generous host, make you feel very welcome, my only regret was that we couldn't stay longer.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Sharktooth, Owner at Cactus Cove Bed and Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2012

It was such a joy for me to have you return. Thanks you so much for the pictures you took of Cactus Cove. I will include some of them when I do a new web site in July. Looking forward to your next visit. Loved the Queens celebrations.

Reviewed 6 May 2012

We had a wonderful, relaxing stay at Cactus Cove. The house, gardens, and pool are just beautiful and Sally is a true treasure. Always available with a smile, story, and treat - can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Sharktooth, Owner at Cactus Cove Bed and Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2012

It was a joy having you and Matt stay at Cactus Cove. I was sad when you left. You two are a delightful couple and you enriched my life. Looking forward to your return visit. Yea Mt. Lemmon.

Reviewed 27 April 2012

We had a very enjoyable stay at Cactus Cove. Sally is a wonderful hostess; and she went above and beyond when I came down with the flu - offering sympathy, mint tea, and a tummy-friendly fruit and yogurt plate on a tray in the sunny front yard. Our room was very comfortable, the pool area is gorgeous, and the location is convenient for a quick escape into the beautiful near-by mountains. Unfortunately, I was unable to enjoy Sally's delicious food but my husband can attest to how delicious it was. We will be back.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple

Always a treat for me to have guests from Canada. Thank you so much for writing a nice review.
I sure hope you will return. I look forward to my trip to Canada this summer.

Reviewed 26 April 2012

I found Cactus Cove several years ago and wanted to visit. Our travel schedule wouldn't permit a stopover in Tucson until now. We found this oasis a fantastic place. We were greeted by the owner and given a quick tour of the grounds. A great night of sleep and a fantastic breakfast were to follow. We will be back and have already started planning a family get together and having all of our family come to the desert. We will be back, time after time. Thanks Sally for your hospitality. Mark & Cynthia, New Mexico

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Sharktooth, Owner at Cactus Cove Bed and Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2013

I am looking forward to having you visit again. Thank you for the nice review. I enjoyed having you stay at Cactus Cove. I love what I do because of people like you.

Reviewed 7 April 2012

What a lovely place for some serious relaxing! One of the most lovely ramadas I have ever seen - its huge as you can see from the photos here. Outdoor living at its best. Fireplace, couches to curl up on, huge and small tables, comfy poolside lounges and tables, and patio table and chairs by your door. Pool and landscaping exquisite; cacti and palms all around. Ask if it will be heated when you are there; it had just been turned on when we arrived in March and we couldnt use it; ice cold! Our room had a high walled private patio with outdoor private shower...table and chairs if we wanted to use them. Luxurious 4 poster bed, armoire, table and chairs, comfy stuffed chair for relaxing read. Large tiled bathroom in southwest saltillo tiles, huge whirlppol tub. NOTE: You cannot use the whirlpool tub after 10pm due to the noise and vibration of the jets...which is likely when most would want to use it! The spray shower to it is VERY awkward and is the only indoor option. You really have to use it sitting in the tub. TUB IS NOT EASY TO GET IN/OUT OF - if you are physically challenged in any way. A little disconcerting, but manageable for most people. I enjoyed it; refreshing even if whale-like getting in and out! Check-in is 4-6pm; also a tad restrictive compared to other BnBs we've stayed at. Breakfast was ample and delicious. Strawberry pie in the afternoon a special touch. Robes, frig, and microwave in the room. Hostess Sally lovely, eager to please and most helpful. Would definitely recommend this BnB and will return. Could not give it an 'Excellent' due to price...other BnB I stayed at in area was even more luxurious, but 40% cheaper.

Room Tip: All the rooms here are good choices; read descriptions to see if bed options meet your needs. One s...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Sharktooth, Owner at Cactus Cove Bed and Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2012

Thanks you for your kind review. Happy you are returning because saw how you relaxed when you were here. The night before you came it was 40 degrees. At that temperature heater has a hard time heating. When you come the next time ask for earlier check in which I can accommodate. Will make sure your suite is ready. Check out is 1:00p.m. 4:00p.m. is an industry standard. 1 :00 p.m. check out is later than most. There are 5 B and B's with prices the same or higher than the suite you stayed in. Of course you can find one at any price. Hope you enjoyed Biosphere 2.

Reviewed 3 April 2012

A wonderful oasis in the desert !!!! My husband and I enjoyed ourselves completely at this superb B&B. Sally was an excellent host and made us feel so welcome. Her knowledge about Tucson and surrounding area was extremely helpful as we planned our daily outings. The serenity that this B&B offers was amazing and we truly were able to relax and unwind. Everything was perfect from the delicious breakfasts to the beautiful views from the patio. We definitely plan on returning.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Looking forward to your return. You two are a delightful couple. Been doing this B and B for 15 years. It is people like yourselves that will keep me doing it for many more years. I so enjoyed your company. Thanks so much for writing this wonderful review.