“Valentines stay”

Ranked #13 of 46 Tucson B&B and Inns
Lyons, Kansas
“Valentines stay”
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Took my girlfriend here for valentines day and was she happy. Owner Sally had roses in the room in a vase and chocolate covered strawberries in our room. The next day she had brownies waiting for us when we returned to our room. She is a excellant cook who goes out of her way to please everyone. Every morning breakfast is specially planned,it was fabulous. The bed was great, the outdoor shower you have to try. Sat outside at night and listened to the coyotes howl after a kill,totally awesome. Having breakfast outside in February was a first in all her years of hosting. Looking forward to go back again. If peace and quiet and nature is what your looking for,this is the place to be. 5 stars to Sally and cactus cove.

Room Tip: Stayed in the most expensive room and loved the double inside shower but mostly used the outside sho...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Sharktooth, Owner at Cactus Cove Bed and Breakfast Inn, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
You two hit it just right for weather in Tucson. Tucson showed its best side for you. Thanks for the nice review. Loved having you stay here. I did notice that you relaxed at Cactus Cove. That is what i like to see. Come back and hopefully Tucson can shine for you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Tucson, Arizona, United States
Reviewed 14 August 2013

I searched many nights to find the Perfect bed and Breakfast in Tucson. I was planning a romantic retreat for my girlfriend and myself, when I found this Wonderful hidden Resort. I was stunned and the instant tranquility and serenity that I had found. This was going to be "The Place" that I would use to propose to my wonderful girlfriend. Sally, our most gracious host, provided us with everything we could want , shared polite conversations with us, provided a scrumptious breakfast, was there if we needed anything, but politely respected our privacy. The ambiance, the pool and the wonderful views of the mountains helped take this bachelor off the market. I'm now successfully, ecstatically engaged and will start planning for our wedding next. We will definitely be returning to this romantic Gem for years to come what an awesome experience.

Room Tip: Outdoor shower is quite private and romantic, Suites are spacious, Has a Jacuzzi in your suite, Defi...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Sharktooth, Owner at Cactus Cove Bed and Breakfast Inn, responded to this review, 16 August 2013
Congratulations Jeff and Marcey on your engagement to be married. I was so excited to have a mini Bachelor TV session right here at Cactus Cove. You two are a delightful couple and have a great future ahead of you. Thanks for staying at Cactus Cove. I look forward to your returns. So happy to have been part of your life. Sally
Ada, Michigan
Reviewed 2 May 2013

The Cactus Cove is beautiful bed & breakfast and the rooms are very spacious and ultra-comfortable (we loved the romantic outdoor private shower...very unique and refreshing). The setting by the pool was an awesome bit of paradise and Sally, the gracious host, provided great suggestions for sight seeing and dining, which added to the wonderful experience we enjoyed. The amazing breakfast were delicious and the presentation top-notch.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Sharktooth, Owner at Cactus Cove Bed and Breakfast Inn, responded to this review, 22 May 2013
Thank you so much for your thank you email. I so appreciated that nice gesture. Thank you also for writing this review. I love doing the Bed and Breakfast, because I have people like you staying here. Guests like you do enrich my life. Thank you.
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 23 March 2013

Cactus Cove is truly a hidden treasure. Upon arrival it is impossible to see what tranquility, relaxation and romance are waiting inside. The outdoors showers are a must..Felt like a true oasis in the desert.
Sally was an exceptional hostess making us feel special and welcomed. She has a wonderful knowledge of the area and points of interest.
It was my birthday and she helped make it a one of a kind..
The only regret is that we didn't have more time to spend here.

Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Karen A
Karen, I am so happy you chose to celebrate your birthday at Cactus Cove. Hopefully you will return on another birthday. Thank you for the nice review. Do look forward to your next visit.
San Diego, California
Reviewed 20 March 2013

As frequent visitors to Tucson, my wife and I finally grew weary of the typical Tucson hotel experience. We decided to try a B&B for our March 2013 visit. I happened upon the Cactus Cove website and it looked like a nice place situated in the perfect area of Tucson. The photos of the suites looked inviting so we booked a 2-night stay. Bottom Line: It was life-changing.
Cactus Cove is our new permanent destination for all future Tucson visits. In fact, we may stay at Cactus Cove for all future Phoenix visits, too. The commute would be worth it.
The innkeeper and owner of this beautiful home is Sally...you'll find her to be gracious, caring, passionate about travel, cooking, the arts, literature and decor - combined with a bit of adventure and daring - she loves her life, treats her guests as her family and most of all, she has a servant's heart.
Sally's home is located with views to everywhere. It is surrounded by desert flora and fauna, has beautiful architecture, interior design and comfort to die for ...and relaxing outdoor living ammenities - too many to describe here.
Here are some adjectives for you: tranquil, quiet, comfortable, convenient, interesting (she has brought collectibles from all over the world)....oh, and tasty.
I won't give up the breakfast menus but I will say that as soon as I got home, I got busy trying to duplicate it. She is a wonderful and creative cook.
I mentioned that our stay was life changing. Turns out between my wife's hectic schedule (attorney) and my profession - we seem to live our lives saying Hi and Bye each day. Well, at Cactus Cove, my wife and I actually decided to spend time catching up. We talked for 3 hours one evening - it was the most peaceful, relaxing time we have spent in several years. When I mentioned this to Sally the next morning at breakfast, Sally kind of choked up. It was easy to see that, to Sally, running a B&B is more about serving people than anything else.
Every suite has a huge spa-tub. Every suite has a private patio with high adobe brick walls for privacy - and each suite has beautiful indoor showers AND outdoor showers. (that was a new one for us - very cool and very private.) The neighborhood is safe and spread out - great for walks, easy to navigate.
The common outdoor living areas, fireplace area, dining area and pool are huge....and gorgeous in their design. (Her design BTW - if you ask, she'll show you the before and after photos as she built this great home.)
Okay - enough said - you get the picture. Sally.....thank you so much. We will see you again.
Jeff and Carol.

Room Tip: Each suite is excellent in decor and similar in features. The Saguaro Suite is somewhat bigger and i...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Sharktooth, Owner at Cactus Cove Bed and Breakfast Inn, responded to this review, 24 March 2013
You two are absolutely wonderful. It was such a joy for me to have you stay at Cactus Cove. You are one of the reasons I do this B and B. I enjoyed having you around especially that one of you grew up here in Tucson and understand the wonders of this place. It makes me so happy that you truly enjoyed your experience here. Thanks so much for this wonderful review. I look forward to your next visit.
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 13 March 2013

My husband and I had never stayed at a B & B before. This was a great experience. Cactus Cove is a very quiet and private place. The owner is a warm and interesting person. The breakfasts were delicious and the room was very comfortable. We had a great stay in Tucson and will stay in this Bed and Breakfast again if we come to this part of the country again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Sharktooth, Owner at Cactus Cove Bed and Breakfast Inn, responded to this review, 19 March 2013
So happy to be your first Bed and Breakfast experience. It was my privilege to have you stay at Cactus Cove. You are a delightful couple. I look forward to your next visit.
Thanks for your nice review.
Albuquerque, NM
Reviewed 10 March 2013

We have been visiting Cactus Cove regularly since it opened and have just returned from what has been at least our 30th stay. We have traveled extensively over the years and have high standards in our selection of accommodations. We can state without hesitation that Cactus Cove has never disappointed us.

The compound is compact and intimate. Unlike large resorts, that may be luxurious, yet somehow impersonal, Cactus Cove, in its also luxurious, yet more intimate size, seems to somehow reach out to envelop you in a big welcoming hug.

The inn is located in a portion of Tucson zoned for lots of at least three acres, giving it a rural feel, while still affording guests easy access to all the local attactions. The rooms are each decorated in their own Southwestern style with comfortable furnishings and all the amenities expected in an establishment of this quality.

The grounds are well kept and due to their rural nature, offer guests a good feel for the Arizona desert. Each room has a private patio and the large shaded veranda behind the inn is a most inviting location in which to relax or perhaps sit by the outdoor fireplace on a cool evening.

The morning breakfast is always a complete delight that reflects the great care that is given to provide the best possible service to guests. There are also many of those "small things" that are done that makes one feel so welcome; perhaps fresh flowers, cookies or other treats waiting in your room when you return after a day of adventure, etc..

Sally, the Innkeeper, is an elegant lady who truly enjoys what she is doing and spares no effort to please her guests. She is also fun to talk with and is a great source of information if one has questions about Tucson and things to do while there.

For anyone seeking an island of tranquility in the sea of chaos that often surrounds us these days, Cactus Cove offers an outstanding port of refuge.

Room Tip: Each room has its own personality. Check the inn's website so you can decide for yourself.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Sharktooth, Owner at Cactus Cove Bed and Breakfast Inn, responded to this review, 13 March 2013
Yes, you have stayed at Cactus Cove at least 30 times in the past 15 years. You are both a delight to have around. So naturally they have become my good friends. They love the desert. In fact they have hiked every single trail in the Saguaro Park East. You have enriched my life and it is one of the reasons I enjoy doing the B and B. I always look forward to your return visit as well as does my housekeeper Esther. I hope it will be 30 more times. You keep me smiling..