“Uncaring, selfish, and unprofessional”

Cactus Cove Bed and Breakfast Inn
Ranked #14 of 48 Tucson B&B and Inns
Newark, Ohio
“Uncaring, selfish, and unprofessional”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

The inn keeper is as unprofessional as I've ever seen. I've worked in the tourism business for nearly a decade, and I've never witnessed such awful, uncaring, and rude treatment. Sally and the Cactus Cove is too pretentious and money hungry to care about the well-being of her guests. She canceled my reservation one day in advance, leaving my poor girlfriend, best friend, and myself to sleep in our cars. Horrible treatment, and no pittance for their selfish behavior!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank eandp-reviews
Sharktooth, Owner at Cactus Cove Bed and Breakfast Inn, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
This person called asking for two complimentary rooms for multiple nights. As this was an unusual request (have donated rooms for charity causes before but never to someone just calling looking for a free room) I told him I would consider accommodating his request for free rooms. However, as a small business owner, if I receive a paid booking with a deposit, I would not be able to accommodate him and his friends, they did not pay a deposit. I notified him as soon as possible that I would not be able to accommodate him. In my 16 years in business as a B & B, I have never cancelled a reservation made in good faith with a deposit. I am disappointed and surprised with this review since this reviewer has never met me or stayed at Cactus Cove. Fortunately, I have been blessed to have had so many wonderful guests stay over the years as you can see from their kind reviews. I truly care that each and every one enjoys their stay here and will continue to make that a top priority.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Newton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

On our first trip to Tucson for hiking and exploring a new area we discovered Cactus Cove and owner and hostess Sally. It is difficult to imaging that we could have found a more wonderful base nor, in fact, it is possible to imagine Tucson without Sally and Cactus Cove. The inn, it's setting, furnishing, proximity to the Catalina Mountains and Saguaro National Park (East), its endless touches from the outdoor ramada, to the color schemes, the botanical garden, the charming pool and the light playing on the mountains and the desert - all absolutely wonderful. And then there is Sally - gracious hostess, raconteur, trip advisor, and inspiration for living with grace and kindness. If we are fortunate enough to return to Tucson or if friends travel to the area, Cactus Cove would be the place to go and recommend. We are experienced travelers and have frequented many B&Bs. Cactus Cove rates right at the top.

Room Tip: There are only three rooms and having seen them all you can't go wrong
1 Thank Ira S
Sharktooth, Owner at Cactus Cove Bed and Breakfast Inn, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Enjoyed having you two stay at Cactus Cove. It is people like you that makes me enjoy what I do. Thank you for the nice review and recommending Cactus Cove to your friends. Tell Ilene that I am lifting weights just like she told me. Thanks for enriching my life. Hope we meet again sometime.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

My fiancee and I were able to totally relax in elegant surroundings and unforgettable vistas while partaking of fabulous hospitality.

Sally the Innkeeper greeted us with chocolate covered strawberries and her breakfast was outstanding. The room was sparkling clean and the decor was artistic and heartwarming. Sitting by her outdoor fireplace in the evening with the mountains turning pink is an experience we will never forget!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Sharktooth, Owner at Cactus Cove Bed and Breakfast Inn, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
So enjoyed having you and your fiancee stay at Cactus Cove. You two are a darling couple. Am so happy you found each other. Thanks for the nice review. Am hoping that I will see you again at Cactus Cove.
Ambler, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

My husband and I were looking for a quiet stay in the Tanque Verde region, as we love the desert in that area and are planning to buy a winter get-away home nearby in the future. We were enticed by the wonderful reviews of Cactus Cove on Trip Advisor, and now understand everyone's enthusiasm. The rooms are lovely, the view is amazing and the breakfasts are quite delicious...but above all else, our hostess Sally really won our hearts. Not only is she knowledgeable about the region, but she just oozes with genuine interest in her guests and clearly loves what she does and where she lives. Her love of life is infectious. Her helper, Esther, does a great job also. My husband enjoyed brushing up on his Spanish with her! And, yes, the bottled water in the room was much appreciated and the coffee in the morning is two thumbs up! (And I love my coffee!) A delightful stay!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Sharktooth, Owner at Cactus Cove Bed and Breakfast Inn, responded to this review, 19 April 2014
Thank you so much for writing this very nice review. You are a very busy person so thank you, thank you. Enjoyed getting to know you both while you were here. So excited about you two moving to Tucson. Your home is beautiful. Know you will love it here and Tucson will love you. Every time I buy a card it has to be yours. Be sure to keep in touch.
Pompano Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

My husband and I decided to stay at the Cactus Cove because of its location, a ten minute spin to the base of Mount Lemmon, the world famous 25 mile climb. We enjoyed many things about our stay! Sally is an upbeat and friendly hostess, she greets you with a warm smile and an awesome cup of coffee each morning (that is saying a lot I am a picky coffee drinker, the stronger the better)! While drinking our yummy coffee each morning we relaxed on the southwestern style patio peering at the breathtaking view of Mount Lemmon. Breakfast was served either inside or out depending on the weather. I looked forward to coming to the table each day because Sally changed her color scheme, dishes, flat wear, crystal, and place mats daily. All the food was healthy and tasty, but my favorite was her mother's famous blueberry pancakes. When all the cooking is done Sally sits and chats with you about your up coming day. Our room was nice, four poster bed, Mexican tile and a huge bathroom with an indoor or outdoor shower, but my favorite was the whirlpool type tub, so relaxing. The delicious cookies and gallon of spring water in our room each day after our ride was icing on the cake.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Sharktooth, Owner at Cactus Cove Bed and Breakfast Inn, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
It was a joy having you two bikers spend some time at Cactus Cove. I loved that you have such a passion for biking. Especially when you went up Mt Lemmon. What a trip that is and you did it many times. You two have a wonderful life in addition to biking. I enjoyed hearing about those endeavors. Enjoy those biking trips you take throughout the year. Would love to have you return to Cactus Cove.
Lawrence, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Cactus Cove in February while enjoying a golf vacation with friends. Not normally "breakfast people" we typically stay at one of the golf resorts. After staying with Sally, however, we'll certainly be back again.

Our room was spacious with a comfortable bed and our private veranda had an outdoor shower. The pool and patio area couldn't be more beautiful, with amazing mountain views and a fireplace for sharing stories each evening. The breakfasts were fabulous, each made more perfect by Sally's hospitality. Highly recommended.

Stayed February 2014
Sharktooth, Owner at Cactus Cove Bed and Breakfast Inn, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy day to write a review for Cactus Cove. I so enjoyed having you and Pat stay here. Loved seeing you two enjoy each day playing golf. You hit all the best golf courses in Tucson. You two are such a delightful couple. It was my privilege to have you stay at Cactus Cove. I look forward to next year when you, Pat, Scott, and Mary Ann return to Cactus Cove and play those wonderful golf courses. Thanks again for the nice review.
Hanover, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

We didn't plan ahead to this Tucson leg of our trip and so last-minute my husband and I just took a "stab in the dark" and chose this bed and breakfast as the place to stay the two days we were in this area of Arizona. It was awesome! The quiet setting, beautiful sounds of nature, the outdoor fireplace and seating areas, the breakfast outdoors, the mountain view, and our private suite all added up to make a great stay and a relaxing reprieve from our often-hectic lives. Sally was a gracious hostess through and through! I can't wait to get home and make the baked pears and spinach pie to share with my family. The fresh-squeezed orange juice was a bonus! We definitely will come back if we're in the area again someday and will recommend it to others as well. It was hard to believe when we were here that we had 12 inches of new snow back home in Minnesota!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Sharktooth, Owner at Cactus Cove Bed and Breakfast Inn, responded to this review, 22 March 2014
Enjoyed your visit coming from Minnesota. Loved learning about your lovely family. What a nice get away you had. Encourage you to take more of these. Hopefully you will be in the Tucson area again sometime in the future. Would love to have you stay at Cactus Cove. Thank you so much for the nice review and recommending Cactus Cove.