“Such a Special Place!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
Atlanta, Georgia
“Such a Special Place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

My daughter and I stayed here one night as we drove from Georgia to LA. It was so lovely, so relaxing, so old-fashioned in the level of service and luxury offered. And they didn't nickle-and-dime you on extras the way so many "fine"hotels do. Bottled water, the New York Times AND the Wall Street Journal delivered to your door, coffee each morning in the lovely parlor, ice cream sundae bar near the pool - all complimentary. And the grounds were so carefully manicured. I surely hope I get to go back there one day.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Brewlew

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
Austin, TX, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

three days and nights at the Arizona Inn is truly a treat and retreat! I have never been to such a relaxing place. Set on 14 acres in the middle of Tucson, Arizona Inn's rooms are all different and beautifully appointed. Many have private patios with lounges and a table and umbrella. The grounds are spectularly landscaped...some areas in desert look , others like English gardens. Outstanding! The pool area is large and has covered and indoor areas for food and drink. (Don't miss the summer time free make your own ice cream sundaes from 5:30-9:30 pm. YUMM!) The restaurant and service provides excellent quality and fairly reasonable prices.This is probably the most relaxing and enjoyable hotel/Inn I have ever stayed at. Can't rave enough about it!

Room Tip: Definitely get one with it's own patio. A little more $$, but worth the privacy.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Bridgman
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

The Arizona Inn, in the heart of the city, is a delightful place to stay. History abounds. The front desk staff is courteous and helpful. We parked in the parking garage across the street but that was no problem. Garden views added to the charm of our three-day stay, and we used the lovely pool as well. How good it was to be able to eat at the hotel restaurants. The very best part of our stay there was super-comfortable pillows, which we tried to buy, but were unable to. It required going online to order them and we ran into difficulty doing that, which was no fault of the hotel's. Ordinarily, we find hotel pillows too big, too puffy, too hard, but these were so comfortable. We appreciated that significantly. We would stay at the Arizona Inn again when in Tucson.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

My wife and I stayed here recently while we were vacationing in AZ. The place was recommended to us by my sister in law.
WOW! Fabulous service, grounds and building. Super clean and super helpful staff. And Great rates! I couldn't ask for more.
The only "weak" part was our dinner. The wait staff was a bit inexperienced and the food wasn't all that I would have liked. i.e. I had French Onion soup appitizer and had to send it back for reheating .... and that wasn't all I hoped for. I ordered the scallop appitizer and they came out luke warm and a bit chewy. My wife ordered the Ahi Tuna and that came out just perfect. Our table mates liked their main dishes. The food was more than offset by the amenities of the Hotel
I will look forward to another chance to stay here. A delightful property in the style of the old time Resort Hotels. A lot of very famous people have stayed here and after visiting I know why.

Do try to come and Relax ... this Hotel is all about comfort and relaxation!

Room Tip: These are little cottages scattered around the place of different sizes and with patios. The ground...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Tacoma, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

If you find yourself in Tuscon and wonder where to spend the night, or even a few nights, please don't hesitate to call the Arizona Inn. The Inn is located near the university but in a quiet residential neighborhood. It offers amenities galore, wonderful rooms, lovely gardens and really great staff who go out of their way to assist in any way they can.

Plus, it has a fascinating history that you'll find expressed in each unique room. My husband and I rented a suite but I am sure that the attention to detail we found would be representative in other rooms as well. With onsite restaurants and a bar, a classic movie dvd library, comfy outdoor lounge chairs, Starbucks coffee for the in-room coffee maker, I could imagine staying for a week and exploring this area of the state - just seeing the cactus blooming was a treat in itself.

I am sorry to read that other people may have had a less than stellar experience, mine was one that leads me to write "highly recommended"!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DLD98401
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

This is a charming retro looking family owned hotel since it was built in 1930. The rooms retain their old world charm but have modern amenities. The grounds are beautiful, gives a feeling of peace and tranquility.The food is divine. Their Paella rivals what I had in Spain. I have arranged meetings there and found the conference rooms to be perfect- unlike restaurants where meeting rooms are often quite noisy. Love the piano bar, the high tea during the winter months and the pool side ice cream bar in the summer months. I always look forward to anytime I can stay there.

Room Tip: There are many varieties of rooms, some large, some small. You will definitely find one that meets y...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Jenny B
Chapel Hill, Nc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

Many times I visited Tucson and stayed at other places and only visited the Az Inn for either drinks or an occasional walk through property to see the gardens. I decided to stay there for the remainder of my trip. I got a great room near the pool(absolutely where I had hoped to stay!). Beds, linens and room all fine(I would switch out the bed frames as you can kill your legs hitting them). Lovely room, quiet. A serene setting with rabbits and quail running about the property. Sat by the pool Sunday. Melody(I think that is her name) was amazing. I wanted a rosé in the sun and she found one from the main dining room. Food was good. I honestly loved the setting. It reminded me of old family vacation destinations. It's a fun place.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple