“A unique experience”

Arizona Inn
Ranked #4 of 130 Hotels in Tucson
“A unique experience”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I stayed at the inn in December for a wedding. I've never been to a place like this before. It's like stepping back into another time. They are very proud of their history, for example, each room has a book on the history of the inn.

The grounds are beautiful, with a central lawn and paths winding around to the adobe-style buildings where the guestrooms are. My room was in a single-level building with a couple of separate rooms in a row. We each had a little patio with lawn chairs. The inside of the room was very clean, with tasteful old-fashioned furniture.

The main building housing the front desk and restaurant would be worth seeing even if you're not staying here. The library is beautiful, with wood-paneled walls and a fireplace, where they had a wood fire burning (and a Christmas tree, when I was there). They served afternoon tea in the library, including tasty little pastries.

The inn is located very close to the University, many restaurants, and shops. However it's in a quiet residential neighborhood.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Michael K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

This resort is set in the middle of Tucson, by UAMC. We took advantage of the summer rates. Each room is different, but the greatest thing is that you can't hear your neighbors. The rooms are big. The resort has a pool and exercise room. The food is expensive, but it tastes great.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Susan J
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 2 June 2014

My daughter and I stayed here one night as we drove from Georgia to LA. It was so lovely, so relaxing, so old-fashioned in the level of service and luxury offered. And they didn't nickle-and-dime you on extras the way so many "fine"hotels do. Bottled water, the New York Times AND the Wall Street Journal delivered to your door, coffee each morning in the lovely parlor, ice cream sundae bar near the pool - all complimentary. And the grounds were so carefully manicured. I surely hope I get to go back there one day.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Brewlew
Austin, TX, USA
Reviewed 31 May 2014

three days and nights at the Arizona Inn is truly a treat and retreat! I have never been to such a relaxing place. Set on 14 acres in the middle of Tucson, Arizona Inn's rooms are all different and beautifully appointed. Many have private patios with lounges and a table and umbrella. The grounds are spectularly landscaped...some areas in desert look , others like English gardens. Outstanding! The pool area is large and has covered and indoor areas for food and drink. (Don't miss the summer time free make your own ice cream sundaes from 5:30-9:30 pm. YUMM!) The restaurant and service provides excellent quality and fairly reasonable prices.This is probably the most relaxing and enjoyable hotel/Inn I have ever stayed at. Can't rave enough about it!

Room Tip: Definitely get one with it's own patio. A little more $$, but worth the privacy.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Bridgman
Reviewed 29 May 2014

The Arizona Inn, in the heart of the city, is a delightful place to stay. History abounds. The front desk staff is courteous and helpful. We parked in the parking garage across the street but that was no problem. Garden views added to the charm of our three-day stay, and we used the lovely pool as well. How good it was to be able to eat at the hotel restaurants. The very best part of our stay there was super-comfortable pillows, which we tried to buy, but were unable to. It required going online to order them and we ran into difficulty doing that, which was no fault of the hotel's. Ordinarily, we find hotel pillows too big, too puffy, too hard, but these were so comfortable. We appreciated that significantly. We would stay at the Arizona Inn again when in Tucson.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed 29 May 2014

My wife and I stayed here recently while we were vacationing in AZ. The place was recommended to us by my sister in law.
WOW! Fabulous service, grounds and building. Super clean and super helpful staff. And Great rates! I couldn't ask for more.
The only "weak" part was our dinner. The wait staff was a bit inexperienced and the food wasn't all that I would have liked. i.e. I had French Onion soup appitizer and had to send it back for reheating .... and that wasn't all I hoped for. I ordered the scallop appitizer and they came out luke warm and a bit chewy. My wife ordered the Ahi Tuna and that came out just perfect. Our table mates liked their main dishes. The food was more than offset by the amenities of the Hotel
I will look forward to another chance to stay here. A delightful property in the style of the old time Resort Hotels. A lot of very famous people have stayed here and after visiting I know why.

Do try to come and Relax ... this Hotel is all about comfort and relaxation!

Room Tip: These are little cottages scattered around the place of different sizes and with patios. The ground...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed 13 May 2014

If you find yourself in Tuscon and wonder where to spend the night, or even a few nights, please don't hesitate to call the Arizona Inn. The Inn is located near the university but in a quiet residential neighborhood. It offers amenities galore, wonderful rooms, lovely gardens and really great staff who go out of their way to assist in any way they can.

Plus, it has a fascinating history that you'll find expressed in each unique room. My husband and I rented a suite but I am sure that the attention to detail we found would be representative in other rooms as well. With onsite restaurants and a bar, a classic movie dvd library, comfy outdoor lounge chairs, Starbucks coffee for the in-room coffee maker, I could imagine staying for a week and exploring this area of the state - just seeing the cactus blooming was a treat in itself.

I am sorry to read that other people may have had a less than stellar experience, mine was one that leads me to write "highly recommended"!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple