“Quality, Clean Value near UofA!”

Best Western Royal Sun Inn & Suites
Ranked #17 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 3 November 2011

I was on a business trip on the Campus of U. of Arizona and wanted to stay nearby. This hotel is close to campus, located off Stone, just minutes from campus by car. In fact, you could probably walk if you had the time and cool enough weather. I book this hotel through Priceline, and it was a great value for the price point!

The lobby and hotel staff was very friendly when I was checking in, and called the room about 10 minutes after arrival just to check to make sure the room was to my satisfaction. The decor of the room was updated and clean. Very nice place for me to pull out my laptop, connect on the free wifi and get some work done (and of course check facebook!).

Also at check in, they game a breakfast voucher, drink 2 for 1 voucher, and informed me that with my room card I got 15% off at the hotel's restaurant. Of these, I only partook in the breakfast, which was the choice of 8 different cook-to-order breakfasts. A great deal, and I enjoyed a quality French Toast & Bacon breakfast in the morning.

Parking was a little strange, probably just because of how the hotel was situated on property...I was able to park really close to the room, but was not able to see my car. Yet no problems in the morning as it and its contents (work materials) were safe and sound.

All in all, a good location, value, and service! I'd recommend for anyone who is wanting clean, good service, and location near UofA.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Rob M
AZbwroyalsun, General Manager at Best Western Royal Sun Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2011

Thank you for taking time to submit this review regarding your recent stay at our property.

We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially our complimentary Cook-To-Order breakfast at Royal Sun Restaurant. It is one of the best complimentary breakfasts in Tucson, especially with our new menu with more choices including healthy options.

Reviewed 30 October 2011

We stayed here in a suite one night. There were a few minor problems (key cards to our room didn't work and there were no pool towels) so I had to make a few extra visits to the front desk, but they were fixed quickly. We didn't like the set-up of the suite (the door between the rooms was in a different place than the other suites we've stayed in at other hotels) and the hide-a-bed couch was horribly uncomfortable. And we didn't realize there was a train track nearby - the train comes through about 10 times during the night blowing it's whistle. The sit-down breakfast at the restaurant was yummy, but it took awhile and it's not really free since you should tip the waitress. But the location of the hotel was convenient and easy to find.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family

We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed our complimentary Cook-To-Order breakfast at Royal Sun Restaurant. It is one of the best complimentary breakfasts in Tucson, especially with our new menu with more choices including healthy options.

Reviewed 11 October 2011

We are two Canadian gals who were enjoying a trip to Scottsdale when we decided to head south to the Tuscon area for a couple of days. We had no reservations, came across this Best Western (and the BW name usually stands for a decent place). This stay was one of the many highlights of our vacation! Don't ever say no to karaoke ... the management, staff and the locals in the lounge were very friendly, we had a great time! Didn't wake up in time for the free breakfast unforunately - brunch would have worked out better! The room was old, but clean and comfie and we felt safe there. Cheers Tomas! Kat & Deb

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
AZbwroyalsun, General Manager at Best Western Royal Sun Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2011

We are very happy to hear about your fun filled experience with us. Royal Sun Lounge is very popular for Karaoke & we are glad you were able to participate & enjoy it. I am sorry you missed out on our complimentary Cook-To-Order breakfast at Royal Sun Restaurant. It is one of the best complimentary breakfasts in Tucson, especially with our new menu with more choices including healthy options.

Reviewed 9 October 2011

Simply speaking, I like this hotel. Very Good to stay.

For solo traveler, the price might be a little bit expensive, but for those who split bills, the price is reasonable.

Parking was free; Hot breakfast was free, although I was so tired that I skipped it; Internet was free, but was very slow. Staff were very kind and willing to get help.

My friend was Best Western Platinum number, However staff didn't try to add his number into my reservation and get Platinum benefit since I reserved from third party.

The room was nice and clean and beds were very comfortable.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
AZbwroyalsun, General Manager at Best Western Royal Sun Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2011

We are very happy to hear about your great experience with us. We appreciate your comments very much & thank you for the business. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 5 October 2011

My friend and I had been riding our Harleys all day and stopped here for the night. The service was excellent Desserai at the front desk was able to hook us up with places to go and reliable cab service. The lounge had cold beverages on tap and the food we ordered was fresh and hot. The morning breakfast was fresh hot off the grill. Cloe our waitress was on a fast pace to every table ensuring evry one was taken care of and all our needs were met. Our room was clean and everything we needed was there and in great shape. I will stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank tuna1961
AZbwroyalsun, General Manager at Best Western Royal Sun Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2011

We are very happy to hear about your great experience with us. Our guests' compliments drive us in consistently doing better & keep exceeding expectations.

Reviewed 5 October 2011

I spent three nights here, using it as my base camp for my Tucson activities. It is close to the interstate and close to University of Arizona as well as to downtown area. The room proves to be good size, clean and bedding fresh. I am not exactly sure about the neighborhood though, I had couple of run in with the local homeless population in the parking lot of this Best Western, one of them asked me for a ride which I politely decline. The motel seem to be split in two, one half on one side of the side road that contained the front desk, restaurant and my section. Other side got the rest of the Best Western as well as the pool and such.

But outside of the homeless, I found the place to be comfortable, airconditioned worked well and bed proves to be surprising firm so I slept well. The staff also proves to be quite excellent and friendly.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
AZbwroyalsun, General Manager at Best Western Royal Sun Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2011

My entire team & I are thrilled to hear about your great experience with us. Our guests' compliments drive us in consistently doing better & keep exceeding expectations.

Reviewed 4 October 2011