“A great, convenient place to stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

BEST WESTERN Royal Sun Inn & Suites
Ranked #17 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
GreenLeadersSilver level
Colorado
“A great, convenient place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2012

Just spent 6 nights at the Best Western Royal Sun and would recommend it to anyone who's looking for a good centrally locate hotel in Tucson. The room was clean, spacious, quiet and quite comfortable for 2 of us. The included hot breakfast in the hotel restaurant were good with the same 7 choices each morning. Both the hotel and restaurant staff were outstanding, friendly, accommodating, and efficient. The exercise room was small, but adequate with a treadmill, elliptical trainer and recumbent bike along with a weight machine.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Theworldwanderer
AZbwroyalsun, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Royal Sun Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 13 February 2012
Thank you for taking time to write a review about your experience at our hotel during your 6 nights stay. We are thrilled to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us.

We thank you for the business & hope to see you soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
  • Czech first
Glendora, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2012

I have stayed at this hotel while visiting my daughter while in Tucson and it's always been a great stay. The rooms are spacious and the beds and pillows are great. The hot full breakfast is a great part of the package and the food is delicious and the servers are always friendly and helpful. The location is ideal to the center of town and close to the freeway. The prices are reasonable and great value.

Room Tip: When I stay by myself I like that they give me an upstairs room where I feel safer.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking time to write a review about your experience at our hotel during your recent stay. We are happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us.

We appreciate your business very much & hope to see you soon.
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2012

It has all the elements - great location, comfortable place, ever helpful staff and great value

• 5 of 5 bubbles
AZbwroyalsun, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Royal Sun Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 2 February 2012

Sun City, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

We stayed here two nights. Our room was upgraded to a suite for no apparent reason which was great. We arrived early but the suite was ready, clean, spacious, extremely comfortable. The staff members at the front desk were friendly, welcoming, and extremely helpful in acquainting us via map with sights to see and even gave us coupons for 2 for 1 entry to the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum which was on our must-see list (AMAZING EXPERIENCE!). Our breakfasts were very good, fast, and filling -- great start to both mornings. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We were concerned that we had adjoining doors on either end of our room, but we were not bothered by...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

We offer free upgrades to our guests when available to show our appreciation to them for the business.

I will share your comments with my team as it will be very gratifying for them to hear your compliments & kind words. We thank you for the kind words & hope to see you again in future.
West Bloomfield, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2012

I chose this location because it was near a wedding that I am/was in town for. This motel is not much to look at from the street, but once you turn into the inner area, it looks very nice, well kept, and promising. There were two billboards announcing it as I approached from the freeway.
The front desk person was friendly and helpful. There's a nice pool (I didn't try it, but there were people around and in it). It's typical 2-story American motel design. The room has nice linens and it's clearly been refurbished and they've made an effort to make it eco-friendly. The furniture is just OK - desk is a little small to work at (I'm writing this review there before checking out). The high-speed internet is good.
So what's the problem? When I first spent a few minutes in the room after checking in yesterday afternoon, I could hear the footsteps of people in the room above. You can refurbish rooms in these older buildings, but not much can be done about the basic structure and this one has somewhat "thin walls". I didn't hear any noise from the rooms on the sides though. I went back to the front desk to try for a 2nd floor room, but they were full - nothing available. So I got ready and went off to the wedding at Stillwell House.
After returning and going to sleep, I was awakened a few times either by noise from above or train whistles. There's a main line of the Union Pacific that goes through Tucson, so it's hard to avoid the sound - beware. All-in-all just OK on that front.
There is a complimentary breakfast included with the room. The server was very nice, the food was just OK, though I would not recommend it if you were not staying here (got the healthy breakfast).
All-in-all I can only give this motel an average rating. I want to give it more because of the ambiance and the staff, but it's just not quite there. Would I go back if I were in town again? Maybe - if I could get a 2nd floor room and I had something going on nearby.

Room Tip: Go with 2nd floor if you can.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank skaterdude
Thank you for taking time to write a review about your experience at our hotel during your recent stay. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations.

Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.

We thank you for the business & hope to see you again in future.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2012

I was trying to find a hotel near the hustle and bustle on 4th Street. The reviews of those hotels didn't thrill me.
I am so glad! This hotel is clean, quiet, and has a modern feel in the room. It is a 5 minute drive to 4th Street.
It has a workout room! Free breakfast.
Very happy I found this place!

• Stayed January 2012

U.S.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2012

This is an old motel that has been somewhat refurbished. However, I was given a room in which the plumbing and air conditioning did not work. The next day I was moved to another room with the same problem. I was again moved to a room where things did work but housekeeping did not clean very well, leaving clothing from the previous person in the room. There is no excuse for renting the rooms that I had or for the poor housekeeping.

2 Thank colion
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

My team & I work very hard to provide clean & comfortable rooms along with superior customer service. We have recently completed some upgrades such as new Posturepedic beds & new bedding package, 32 inch LCD TVs with DVD players, new water efficient Oxygenic rain shower heads as well as many exterior upgrades. I am very sorry that you did not have a satisfying stay with us.

I assure you that I will speak to my team & we will work on improving on the areas you have mentioned. I do want to thank you for letting us know of the issues, so that we can work on improving & avoid them from happening for our future guests.

I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you in future.