“Very Good Value for the price”

Best Western Royal Sun Inn & Suites
Ranked #17 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
GreenLeadersSilver level
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Very Good Value for the price”
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Near the Tucson Mall and very close to everything else. This is an all suite hotel with full kitchens and bedrooms with a door. Great hot breakfast in the morning. Also includes two drinks per person during happy hour!! Can't beat the price and I would stay again.

Room Tip: It's an all suite hotel
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sandidan22
AZbwroyalsun, General Manager at Best Western Royal Sun Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 28 April 2012
Thank you for taking time to write a review about your experience at our hotel during your recent stay. We are happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us.

I am excited to hear that you liked our central location that is close to Tucson Mall, Downtown, U of A, Tucson Convention Center, golf courses & very easy access to & from freeways I-10 & I-19.

Once again, thank your for the kind words & we will see you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
  • Czech first
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I travel the state of Arizona on business every moth and this is by far the Nicest Best Western in the state! It is clean, classy and very comfortable as well as safe. From the minute I walked into the lobby and was met by Angela at the front desk I felt like a Rock Star! I can say at this hotel having a Best Western Rewards membership means something! I was told, “we been waiting for you, how was your trip?” Needless to say I was blown away! Then she upgraded me to a suite which was nice. At the time I thought “that was nice of her.” You see I get upgraded occasionally but this was truly a suite to die for!! It was nicely decorated with CLEAN carpet. You heard me right CLEAN carpet! Then I went in to check out the Jacuzzi tub and OMG wow it was so awesome!!! I did learn that first night to not add bubble bath to a Jacuzzi!! I had never thought about it, I just wanted a bubble bath in the big tub.  Anyway… After my bath I went and climbed into bed and OMG it was the most comfortable bed I have slept in a hotel for a long time!! Needless to say I had a great night’s sleep. I knew I was in the right hotel for the week I was in Tucson on business! Then was my next big surprise, a cook to order breakfast and a waiter that was outstanding! Ron was serving a cook to order FREE breakfast and I felt like I was at a top notch restaurant! Talk about a nice way to start my day before my business got underway. On the third day three I so impressed that I went and talked to Alfred at the front desk, who I thought was the general manager. He politely informed me he was the front office manager. I had to tell him how impressed I was with the entire place and that I usually stayed at another hotel on the interstate and he thanked me for giving them a chance! I can’t say enough good things about this hotel and the outstanding staff. The General Manager Neil Shah definitely knows the meaning of quality in accommodations as well as the outstanding staff he has. I will be back for sure!!!
M. Morgan, Mesa, AZ

Room Tip: I think any rooom here would be great! I prefer the ground floor and felt safe!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Mary M
Thank you for taking time to write a review about your experience at our hotel. We are happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us.

I am thrilled to hear that you liked & enjoyed all the amenities we offer & some of which have been recently upgraded. It is very gratifying for us to see such compliments. I will be sure to share your comments with our staff, I know they will be very happy hear your king words.

Gilbert, Arizona
Reviewed 9 April 2012

I regularly stay at the Royal Sun for business and rarely have a problem. The staff is mindful of my needs and go out of their way to make me comfortable. I appreciate the bottle of water in my room, the refrigerator and microwave. The adjoining restaurant is a good meal at the end of the day. And the free breakfast to order is great too. I would recommend this hotel to all visitors.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank tsakizzie
AZbwroyalsun, General Manager at Best Western Royal Sun Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 20 April 2012

We truly appreciate your loyalty to our hotel & the business you have given us over the years. I will be sure to share your comments with our staff, I know they will be very happy hear what you have to say. We are your home away from home & we are glad to have you as part of our family.

Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 2 April 2012

We just completed our fourth stay at this hotel. Three of those times we stayed for 14 days and two times we stayed with family members or friends who had their own room at the hotel. I have no complaints and everything just gets better each year. The rooms are always clean and comfortable and kept that way by a friendly staff, including the management and front office staff. Any problems are taken care of immediately. We get our day started each day with the free full breakfast and then relaxing by the nice big pool. There are an abundence of flowers, palm trees and desert plants in all areas of the hotel. The hotel seems to keep updating every year and this year everything was freshly painted and the furniture seemed new. I also use the internet on my laptop in my room and it is always trouble free. We enjoy the sights of the Tucson area but it is always nice to come back to our comfortable hotel. We will be back again next year if the lord is willing. Frank B.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Frank B
AZbwroyalsun, General Manager at Best Western Royal Sun Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 4 April 2012

We truly appreciate your loyalty to our hotel & the business you have given us over the years. Your kind words are very gratifying to us as they make us work harder in providing clean & comfortable rooms along with superior guest service. You are part of our family & we would love to see you again next spring.
Kent, Washington, United States
Reviewed 1 April 2012

Cockroaches were found in the sink area 3 out of the 6 nights we stayed at the Best Western Royal Sun this March 2012. We killed them and gave two of them to the people at the front desk. They were sorry we had the experience but said that they get them this time of the year coming up through the sewer. They either get in through the sink or shower or a large hole (3 x 6 inches) in the wall under the sink. Room 116; by the pool. Other down side; The bathroom was a simple shower with a curtain; Wife did not like it. Everything else was OK. Nice breakfast in the morning. Good pool and exercise area. Good parking. They did discount the room $40 for one nights stay due to the Cockroaches. Not enough in my opinion.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kenneth G
AZbwroyalsun, General Manager at Best Western Royal Sun Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 2 April 2012
Thank you for taking time to write a review about your experience at our hotel during your recent stay. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations.

I am very sorry about the inconveniences you experienced while staying with us. We do use a nationally recognized pest control company & they treat the hotel facilities on a regularly basis through out the year. Unfortunately, we are approaching hot summer months & temp is starting to raise which is the cause of this problem. I have already called the pest control company & have begun the special treatment process. We will work on making sure that this problem does not happen again.

We thank you for the business & hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you in future.
San Diego, Ca
Reviewed 28 March 2012

For the price this hotel is a great deal and in a decent location. The room was clean, smelled good and was generally isolated from the sound of other rooms. The bed was comfortable and the TV had plenty of channels. Internet in the hotel room was free and the provided free breakfast was great. Upon checking in the hotel staff was pleasant and called me in my room a few minutes later to ensure I hadn’t found anything that wasn’t to my liking. There is a restaurant/bar on location that served decent food and plenty of drinks. The only complaint I had would be my room next to the pool. Hotel guests were a bit loud and rowdy at night preventing me from falling asleep. Ask in advance for a room away from the pool and you should be fine. When checking in make sure you go to the lobby without your bags as the hotel is spread out and should you be staying at one of the buildings at the other side of the property you will probably want to move your car. The hotel rooms are all entered from the outside and staying on the second floor will require you to walk up stairs. Assuming I was assigned a room away from the pool I would have no problem staying here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the pool to minimize noise from rowdy guests. Ensure you check in at the l...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank strongma

I am thrilled to hear that you had a great stay with us. My entire team & I truly appreciate your kind comments & compliments.

We thank you for the business & hope to see you soon.
Berkeley, California
Reviewed 23 March 2012

I travel to conferences frequently and so typically my accommodations are chosen for me. Often, affordability trumps comfort and enjoyment. Not here! ! This hotel is comfortable, clean and quiet. The hotel staff is exceptionally friendly and helpful, a lovely bonus. I was very impressed with the restaurant attached. The food is well above the average for a motel restaurant, but the wait staff -- every one of them (I had complementary breakfasts and one dinner) -- were outstanding. Well trained, efficient, friendly, and very attentive without hovering. Highly recommended. No complaints at all!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business