We hadn't planned where we would stay for 2 nights in Tucson but saw the sign for a best western from the interstate so thought we would try it.
On the positive side - we had a 2 queen bed room which was presented well. It looked like it had recently been updated. The bathroom was smallish although the shower did take up half the room - it was a very nice shower though. There was a reasonable sink/vanity area which had a large mirror and plenty of space for the coffee facilities. The bed was very comfy.
Free breakfast was served in the adjacent restaurant which was very good. A good selection of hot and cold food and all freshly cooked.
On the negative side - the back of the hotel (looking out from the bathroom window) backed onto an abonded plot of land which immediately had a busy main road running past it. Our room was in the bottom corner on the ground floor opposite the vending machine, under the stairs. The area was dark and dingy which made you feel a bit uneasy when coming back to your room at night when it was dark. The pool and gym area was also in this part of the car park which meant you couldn't park your car anywhere near your room as the pool/gym had utilised a large area of the car park, which for us wasn't very good as we had alot of luggage to take in and out of the car! There is also a road that cuts through the hotel. Admittedly it looks like it doesn't get used much but it would still be a safety concern if I had small children.
Overall, decent enough room but room location and external area lets this hotel down. Not sure I would rate it as a Plus.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay at this full-service, Eco-Friendly Tucson, Arizona hotel located close to the University of Arizona, the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum and the Old Tucson Studios. Enjoy complimentary COOK-TO-ORDER breakfast each morning at the Royal Sun Restaurant & 2-FOR-1 Drinks at Lounge each evening. The newly renovated Green Certified BEST WESTERN Royal Sun Inn & Suites, located near Interstates 10 and 19 in Tucson, Arizona. We offer convenient access to many key area attractions including college Campuses, 3 Malls, three-Golf Courses and the Tucson International Airport. Enjoy spaciously-appointed guest rooms and suites, including hot tub suites, each complete with wired and wireless high-speed Internet access and 32' LCD HD TV with HBO(R) and DVD player. This full-service hotel also features a relaxing outdoor swimming pool and hot tub, fitness center, business services and meeting facilities. Pets are welcome for a small fee. Guests staying at this Arizona hotel will enjoy being close to the San Xavier Mission, the Sabino Canyon, the Biosphere 2 and the Tubac Artists Colony. Just a short drive away, guests can find the Saguaro National Park, the Kartchner Caverns State Park, historic Tombstone and historic Bisbee. For superior customer service and a convenient location in Tucson, Arizona make a reservation today at the BEST WESTERN Royal Sun Inn & Suites! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Best Western Royal Sun Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Royal Sun Hotel Tucson
- Best Western Tucson
- Tucson Best Western
- Best Western Royal Sun Inn & Suites Tucson, Arizona