Best Western Royal Sun Inn & Suites
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Stone Inn(Tucson)
1,331 results
All reviewsfree breakfastadjoining restaurantdrink couponstrain noisemade to order breakfastbest westernsupgraded to a suiteclose to downtownno elevatoron site restaurantdowntown tucsonclean roomsrestaurant staffan older hotelfront desk staffhot breakfastwould definitely stay here again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 November 2012

The staff at both the hotel and restuarant were friendly had very accomodating. We had approximately 30 rooms there for 4 days and everything was very nice. We used the meeting room for three days and had lunch and breaks brought in. Be also had dinner there one night. The food was excellent, the kitchen staff even made us home made desserts.

I would definately recommend this hotel to the casual traveler as well as for a small business meeting. It was a reasonable price for excellent service and we've had our meetings at much fancier venues, yet the service was as good or better than at those meetings!

Room Tip: The suites are quite nice. Don't be put off by the neighborhood. This is an in-town hotel and it was very quiet. Sort of like it's own island.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
AZbwroyalsun, General Manager at Best Western Royal Sun Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2012

Thank you for taking time in writing this review on TripAdvisor! We are happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us.

We are grateful to have had an opportunity to host your company meeting at our hotel. Thank you for your kind words & compliments. I will be sure to pass on your compliments to our staff as your outstanding experience is a result of their hard work & care for our guests.

We have been hosting many company meetings, retreats, weddings & family reunions lately & the response has been wonderful. We look forward to hosting many more events like this. Guests really like our convenient location that is close to downtown, convention center, U of A, Courthouse & many wedding venues.

Thank you for recommending us! We look forward to welcoming your company in future!

Reviewed 27 November 2012

Enjoyed my stay but , no safety bars in shower stall. We are not handicapped but it possed a safety issue.
Towels were grungy could use a bleaching. Maybe replaced.
Upon arrival room felt humid as if rug had just been shampood but not dry.
TV did not have close captioning.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking time in writing this review on TripAdvisor! We are happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us, but apologize for not exceeding your expectations.

Your comments are very important to us & we value our guest's feedback very much. I am happy to report that we have already installed the grab bars in more than 20 of our rooms. We will be installing them in most of our rooms. Thank you for a great suggestions that pertains to our guests' safety. We have also started using the Proctor & Gamble products such as tide, downy, etc for our laundry which will help enhance quality & life of our linen.

Thank you for your comments! We look forward to seeing you in future. . .

Reviewed 22 November 2012

We stayed at the Royal Sun Inn & Suites in Tucson Sunday, November 11--I had stayed there 3-1/2 years ago-and it was adequate then but definitely nothing special.
The Inn has been updated to a Best Western Plus and great beds and linens, tvs, free internet in the room, refrigerator, etc. There is a nice pool and large hottub as well as a fitness room, that although not huge, is very well equipped.
The attached restaurant which looks more like a diner has surprisingly good food-including great salads and desserts. Kevin the chef, who has only been there a few months is an accomplished cook and his plating is beautiful. There is also a very good wine selection. It could use placemats and a little more updating but the food is really good.
The bathroom is small but the shower is great. My only complaint is that the window over the shower looks flimsy and looks out on an empty lot.
The rates are almost 1/2 of what the larger hotels charge and even though the rooms are small you usually are not there to stay in your room. AND, it includes a free full breakfast with several items to choose from.
And, finally, the staff is very helpful and the lobby area is beautiful.
All in all will definitely stay there again when in the area.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Merriedelores

I am very happy to hear that you gave us another opportunity to serve you & you had an excellent stay. I am also pleased to hear that you liked & enjoyed all the amenities and improvements we have made in last 3 years. Hard work of our entire team is the reason we are able to consistently create enjoyable stays for all our guests. I will be sure to share your comments with them.

I also appreciate your comments about our restaurant, especially compliments for Kevin. We are fortunate to have him as a part of our team.

Thank you for recommending us! We look forward to welcoming you next visit to Tucson!

Reviewed 21 November 2012

The location was great. Upon checking in, the front desk personnel (Julio) was very nice and accommodating. The order from menu breakfast which was included was also very good. Free parking!! The only drawbacks: My room (205) had a rattling noise coming from one of the vents and the first night it was hard to get to sleep with the sound of the train.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
AZbwroyalsun, General Manager at Best Western Royal Sun Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2012

Thank you for your detailed positive review posted on TripAdvisor! We are happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us.

We are also pleased to hear that you enjoyed all the amenities including our central location in Tucson, cooked to order breakfast at the restaurant & free parking. Thank you for mentioning the noise coming from AC unit, I will be sure to have our maintenance staff look at it right away.

Thank you for recommending us! We look forward to welcoming you back on your future travels to Tucson!

Reviewed 19 November 2012

I would like to start out by saying that the customer service is hands down excellent. I was in charge of planning my sister's graduation/wedding and had plenty of family (hispanic, so you know there are plenty) coming from out of town. I was blessed to find this amazing hotel that not only went above and beyond to make my sister's day special. The suites were comfortable,the food was delicious,the bar with loads of fun! The entire staff made our weekend stay enjoyable. The teenagers loved the heated pool. Wedding day...could not have been better. This could go down as the first stress free wedding in history! My sister,(the bride) was at church on time, early to be exact. We had to wait on the priest. Words can not express the gratitude I have for making my sister's day magical and having family together was such a blessing. I highly recommend this hotel with their 5 star customer service and 5 star everything! Oh, and by the way, the jacuzzi was a blast! Thank you again for all your accomidations to our large party.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank bcbabbs

Thank you for taking time in writing this positive review on TripAdvisor!
I cannot express my gratitude in words for the business you have given us and for such kind words about your experience.

I feel fortunate to have had an opportunity to help you with your wedding event. I will be sure to pass on your compliments to our staff as your outstanding experience is a result of their hard work & care for our guests.

Thank you for recommending us! We hope to see you again in future. . .