“Great Place to Stay!!”

Best Western Royal Sun Inn & Suites
Ranked #16 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 27 August 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights. I loved getting a free breakfast every morning with my stay. The food at the restaurant was good and very convenient. My room was clean and comfortable. All staff at hotel and restaurant were nice and friendly.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 15 August 2013

I stayed here for 3 days for a wedding. I liked the room, we got a suite and there were 2 queen beds in tha main room, the second room had a pullout sofa sleeper. Bathroom was nice, and the pool was great as well. Breakfast was included and it was very good for a free breakfast. I would say this is an excellent value

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 8 August 2013

I was not overly impressed when I pulled into the parking lot but as soon as I entered the lobby the clerk was very friendly. The rooms were very clean and the beds were comfortable. We visited the lounge and the bartender was very friendly. The next morning we had a full hot breakfast which was included in our room price. Upon check out the clerk gave us suggestions of things to do if we visit again. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kathy P
AZbwroyalsun, General Manager at Best Western Royal Sun Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Hi,

Thank you for your kind words & compliments about our hotel & staff. I will be sure to share your comments with them.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 6 August 2013

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel is close to the University of Arizona. I was there helping my son move in. Stayed 3 nights. Price was good for the hotel. My only complaint was when the maid cleaned the room they only left a couple clean towels and left some used ones. Not sure why? Overall I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
AZbwroyalsun, General Manager at Best Western Royal Sun Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2013

Hi,

We are an Eco-Firendly hotel & we have a linen re-use program in place as part of our green certification requirements. That is the reason our housekeeping staff leave the used towels that are hanging on the towel rack or shower rods to have guests use them again. We do replace all towels that are placed on floor. We do have information & instructions about this program posted in each guestroom bathroom for our guests.

I do appreciate your comments & compliments. I will be sure to share your comments with our staff.

Reviewed 31 July 2013

I visit Tucson annually for business. This is the 5th time I have stayed at this BW, and I will keep coming back.

For me, whether it is a Four Seasons or a Best Western, all I really want is a decent shower, good internet access and a comfortable bed. Anything else is a bonus. This place has all of the above, plus a great pool, a gym, and includes a cooked-to-order breakfast. All for a very reasonable rate (at this writing, I paid 70 bucks per night.)

The remodel they did a few years ago made the rooms feel more like a hotel. Brand new TVs with HDMI ports you can use as a monitor, Premium Channels, VERY comfortable mattress and linens. Big towels. Refrigerator in the room, which is great for Tucson in July!

The staff are always friendly. Within minutes of checkin, the front desk called to ask if the room was to my satisfaction, which it was.

If I had any minor complaint, and it is truly minor, there have been times when large families have rented out a room or rooms (my guess is so they can use the pool and get the free breakfast) and sometimes this can result in noisy kids running around, and sound travels pretty easily in this place. But this was not true every time, and even when it was, the noise abates at a reasonable hour.

All in all, you get more than you pay for. Good job.

Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank chloes_dad_sf

Hi,

Thank you very much for taking time in writing a wonderful review regarding your stay with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We truly appreciate your loyalty to our hotel & business you have given us over the years.

Thank you for your kind words & compliments about our hotel & staff. I am especially happy to hear that you liked the upgrades we have made within last 2 years. I am very excited to inform you that we will be installing new furniture in all of our Deluxe room during next 2 months. I will be sure to share your comments with them.

Reviewed 28 July 2013

Having stayed at Best Westerns most of my adult life, this is my very favorite! The front desk staff are exceptionally Competent and Friendly. They are what keep me a repeat customer. Additionally, the rooms are clean - the beds are clean - the bathrooms are clean! The location cannot be beat: it is very near the freeway if you arrive by car, and very near downtown for when you need to work/play. When you return back to your room, it is quite, and the a/c works well!

The staff seems to genuinely care that you have a good experience - they are remarkably nice (and that includes housekeeping). I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a great place to stay, for a decent price, in the perfect location.

Room Tip: go with the guidance of staff
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank 31310Linda

Hi Linda,

Thank you very much for taking time in writing a wonderful review regarding your stay with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We truly appreciate your loyalty to the best Western brand & business you have given us over the years.

Reviewed 26 July 2013

This Best Western is a nice property with clean rooms and a nice appearance. I stay at Best Westerns 15 times a month all over the state of Arizona and have dealt with many front desk clerks but the Front desk clerk at this particular Best Western stands out she has a very caring attitude towards the guests I witnessed this while standing in line awaiting my turn and treated me with the up most professional attitude as well as made me believe she genuinely cared about my stay. Employees such as Hope are few and far between and has made it a very easy decision as to what Best Western I will be staying at when I have business in Tucson Az. I highly recommend this hotel due to the professionalism and caring attuide I encountered while checking in and the continued exceptional service during my stay.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Skecthy3

Hi,

Thank you very much for taking time in writing a wonderful review regarding your stay with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for staying with us, we truly appreciate the business.

Thank you for your kind words & compliments about our hotel & staff. Hope is truly a tremendous asset to our hotel. I will be sure to share your comments with her & all our staff members.