“Great Central Location”

Best Western Royal Sun Inn & Suites
Ranked #19 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 23 October 2013

This is an older property, but but nicely updated. Wish the coffee maker was not on the bathroom vanity. The lounge and restaurant were convenient. The beds are comfortable. This is a convenient central location. We liked that there are outside access doors, not an interior corridor.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
AZbwroyalsun, General Manager at Best Western Royal Sun Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Hi Diane,

Thank you very much for taking time in writing a wonderful review regarding your stay with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Our guests are always happy about the convenience of being close to the U of A, Downtown, hospitals, shopping malls, as well as easy access to & from freeways I-10 & I-19. I am also glad to hear that you like our recent upgrades including new furniture we installed this month.

Neil Shah (GM)

Write a ReviewReviews (1,289)

Reviewed 23 October 2013

From the moment we entered the lobby for check in we were greeted with smiles and a very helpful hotel Staff. Dan the manager and his assistant Julio are just wonderful people who care about there customers hotel experience. This hotel is very people friendly and service oriented. They pay attention to detail. Our room was very nice and clean. The furnishings were new and the bed was very comfortable. The on site restaurant had excellent food. The hotel itself is in a little older part of town. Do not be dismayed. This is a very nice place to stay.

Hi Jim,

Thank you for your kind words & compliments about our hotel & staff. I am especially happy to hear that you liked all the upgrades including new furniture we have installed this month. I will be sure to share your comments with our staff.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 23 October 2013

This was a very nice hotel in Tucson. Coupons are provided for the attached restaurant for breakfast and a discount off other meals and drinks and the food and service was very good. Fairly close to downtown and old town Tucson. A nice experience overall

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
AZbwroyalsun, General Manager at Best Western Royal Sun Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

Hi,

Thank you for your kind words & compliments. I will be sure to share your comments with our staff.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

We stayed at the Royal Suites at the beginning of September. we were so happy that we stayed again this past weekend. Its a great stay for the price. Breakfast is nice and made to order and the staff is wonderful. Looking forward to my next stay soon.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Hi,

Thank you very much for taking time in writing a wonderful review regarding your stay with us. We truly appreciate the business you have given us over the months & your loyalty to our hotel.

Thank you for your kind words & compliments about our hotel & staff. I will be sure to share your comments with our staff.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

Location is close to the University of Arizona and downtown as well as historic sites. The one draw back is noise from trains passing at night and the usual city noises of sirens. Rooms are clean and beds comfortable. Very friendly, professional and helpful staff. Skip the restaurant for dinner though.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Hi Martha,

Thank you very much for taking time in writing this review regarding your stay with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Thank you for your kind words & compliments about our hotel & staff. Our guests really like the convenience of being close to U of A, Downtown, Shopping malls & easy access to freeways I-10 & I-19.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

Probably the worst hotel I've stayed at in a while. It was bad enough that after the first night, I seriously considered going to another hotel even though I'd already paid for two nights here. There were definitely some good things here, but the cons outweigh the pros by about 100 times.

Let's get the pros out of the way. Short list. This should go fast:

* Free made to order breakfast. The menu has 10 items and you get to choose one (no substitutions) with a drink. I had the healthy choice #8 each morning, which consisted of a small bowl of fresh fruit, scrambled egg whites, two turkey sausage patties, and toast.

* Big room with relatively comfortable bed and towels.

Oh look, that was fast. Ready for the cons?

* SO LOUD! The hotel is really close to the train tracks with absolutely no sound proof. The train goes by about 7-8 times a night, so unless you're a super heavy sleeper, you'll hear it. In addition to the train noise, there's no sound proof in the walls between the rooms and the outside. You can hear next door's tv, talking, as well as people walking by on the corridor passing by your room. The doors also slam really hard, so every time someone 8 doors down opens or closes the door, you'll hear (and almost feel) it.

* The area the hotel is in is kind of sketchy. For a single woman, I didn't feel safe walking alone for long outside. There's a park across the street and by about 6pm, a lot of homeless people gather there.

* False information advertised for the hotel - when I booked the hotel, I was informed that there's a complimentary shuttle service available as long as booked in advanced. When I checked in and asked about it, the front desk staff had no clue what I was talking about.

* Weak internet service. I had consistently 2 to 3 bars for internet service. Not conducive for doing work, or spending all of your down time on the internet when you didn't want to be outside in the ghetto.

Thankfully I only had to stay here for two nights and for the following six nights in Tucson, I was smart enough to move to a different hotel that was a complete bliss. Needless to say, I will never stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Hi,

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at (520) 622-8871.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

This hotel has a great staff and excellent restaurant. The hotel has satellite TV however, and the satellite TV channel selection and reliability of signal were awful. Tucson is windy, and when the wind blows, the satellite TV reception was off. I loved staying here for the wonderful staff, the cleanliness of the hotel and the excellent restaurant, but the satellite TV and channel selection are Awful. If you watch TV at night and use it to relax, well, plan on other entertainment. I downgraded my hotel rating due to this.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Hi Arthur,

Thank you for your kind words & compliments about our hotel, restaurant & staff. We are very fortunate to have our new restaurant manager & her team as they do a great job in exceeding our guests' experience. I do apologize for the TV reception issue. I will call DirecTV & see what can be done to avoid this from happening.