“terrible service”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Phoenix, Arizona
“terrible service”
Reviewed 24 February 2013

my girlfriend and I were in Tucson on business for a few days and we got in to the hotel an hour before check in.We were told there was nothing available and to wait in the lobby and we would be called when our room was ready.Two hours later still no room. when we went to check we were told that they had a very busy night and they just hadn't gotten to our room yet.I asked to see the manager and he said the same thing.As if they assign guests to only one room and they can't give a guest another similar room. we were so upset we told the manager not to both and found a room at another hotel.I would suggest anyone travelling to Tucson to steer clear of this hotel.If you value your time and patience.

1 Thank rnmnc
Kurt H, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Tucson Airport, responded to this review, 26 February 2013
Dear MMMC,

Thank you for taking the time fir writing a review about your our property.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future. We are very sorry to hear, you choose to take another accommodation. If you provide us with the invoice for the corresponding night, we will be happy to reimburse you, if we confirm a cancelled reservation in our system in your name.

I hope that you will consider staying with us next time, so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at (520) 300 6978

Kurt Helm

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed 24 February 2013 via mobile

This is the worst hotel service in many years of travel. It took about 2.5 hours and then some strong words at the desk to finally get a hotel room. This was even after I was told I would get called when a room was available...no call. 2 other gentlemen were having the same experience. One had asked 3 times and told no rooms while others were coming I'm and getting rooms. I guess we didn't know the magic words. If you like sitting in lobbies, this is the hotel for you. Right next to the airport. 1 restaurant located jn the hotel but not close to any eating establishments and far from anything other than the airport. Buyer beware. Rooms seem standard for this price range. Will not stay here again

Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Kurt H, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Tucson Airport, responded to this review, 8 March 2013
Dear Sir,

I am very sorry to hear about your waiting time. I have instructed the Front Office Manager to bring these kind of issues to my attention in the future. Unfortunately we had a group departing very late this day, cause the experience you are describing. I hope you will give us another chance in the future to demonstrate our customer service skills.

Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 19 February 2013

Stayed at the hotel for a week. The room was clean and comfortable. Staff was friendly. Had an issue with a partially clogged sink which took two calls to get looked at and then only partially resolved. Other than that a good place to stay.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review, We had a company look into the sink issue and it is taken care of. I hope to see you back soon!

Harrisburg, PA
Reviewed 16 February 2013

We stayed here on two occasions and had a very good experience. The room was nice with complimentary water, 24 hour shuttle, about a block, to the airport, and coffee in the lobby in the morning. Desk guys were very helpful. The first vist we ate in the hotel restaurant and had a terrific meal. On our next stay we were really looking forward to eating there again, but everything went wrong -bruschetta was burned, they forgot the dressing and goat cheese on the salad, and the steak was rare instead of medium-well. They did make everything right in the end and it was fine. Would stay there again.

Room Tip: We got to stay in the main hotel building (more convenient with luggage) because we are SPG guests.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Kurt H, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Tucson Airport, responded to this review, 18 February 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review. I as for your restaurant visit, I am glad the staff was able to correct their mistakes. Should you have any other concerns, please let me know.

Pearl City, Illinois
Reviewed 15 February 2013

My wife and I planned a week stay in Tucson and I did a lot of research to find the best value hotel in the area. I found Four Points by Sheraton Tucson Airport to be that choice. As with other hotel experiences this one also had both pros and cons. First we found a discount price which was for the room alone, It did not include breakfast which for the price seemed fair. The room was recently refurbished and seemed new. Even smelled new. The bed was among the best of many that I experienced in my many travels. The bathroom was also newly remodled but very small. For two this was fine but for a family with young kids it might be an issue. The only con for the room were the poor towel quality. They were very small and scratchy and not upto the standards for a 3 star hotel. This was true for each of our four days there. The rooms we stayed in were a short walk outside from the lobby. Other reviewers commented on the noise from the adjacent airport. While in our room we could hear the planes land and take off but that was typically between the hours of 6am - 6pm. Even though it wasn't that loud particularly if you had the tv on. The rest of the time it was very quiet and comfortable in our room. In the lobby I found that the hotel staff were friendly and professional in every respect. Two computers were available for common use as was hot water and fresh coffee. If you wanted something to eat there is also a restaurant connected to the lobby. Overall the hotel did not disappoint. For the reduced price we paid, we found this to be a best value place to stay.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the airport side are quieter.
Dear Guest.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are glad to hear about all the things you enjoyed and will take any critique seriously. Please let me know, when you return, to make your stay a memorable one.

Fairbanks, Alaska
Reviewed 9 February 2013

I stayed at the Four Points for its convenience to the airport and its facilities. The building is beautiful, has a bar/restaurant, and all the services one could need. Two conditions kept it from being a 5/5 for me: getting to my room in a wing behind the main building required hauling my suitcases through the parking lot and by the kitchen dumpster (phew!) and the breakfast buffet which was understaffed and poorly organized. These two conditions made me feel that my room was overpriced. The second problem could easily be corrected; the first, probably not. All other aspects of hotel were lovely.

Room Tip: Since it's very convenient to the airport, it is also noisy. Rooms as far away from the termina...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
Kurt H, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Tucson Airport, responded to this review, 12 February 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind remarks. We are happy you enjoyed your stay and hope you will back soon. As for your observations, we are continually training and expanding our break staff, after we noticed some issues. As of now, We believe the problem has much improved. As for your way down to the room, we offer 24 hour bell assistance.

Best Regards

Menasha, Wisconsin
Reviewed 28 January 2013

This seems to be a very popular hotel and was quite busy. Had a little snafu with the original reservation which should have been a two bed room. When I called the day of arrival they stated they only had king bed rooms available. Might have been error or hotel or Hotwire. Resolved issue by switching hotels with my niece. The hot tub was excellent but the pool was unheated and too cold to use. Both pool and hot tub are in the inner courtyard not too far from buildings. The lobby had free coffee and hot tea. Also, two computers with printers for guest use. The exercise room was pretty basic. It had treadmills, ellipticals, and one recumbent bicycle. It also had a upper and lower ab workout station and free-weight dumbbells with a flat bench. There was a decent TV, water bottle, towels, and alcohol wipes but no fan for cooling off.
Breakfast is not included in the price of the room. Prices seemed a little high but the dining area was full most mornings. We did not try breakfast there. Rooms on the inside of the courtyard get a nice patio/balcony. Our room was on the outside with a nice view of my rental car.

The room had one King bed and was spacious except for the bathroom which was only adequate. The room was stylish, clean, and well-maintained. The room had a nice size TV, small refrigerator and microwave, and a large desk. The bed and pillow were both excellent, the best I have ever slept on. There was some noise from the hallway and other rooms. You could hear doors shutting and water running. I don't think it was enough to wake a person but maybe a light sleeper. We did have some noisy people in the hallway on Friday night. I called the front desk and complained and it stopped about one minute later.

Water pressure and temperature in the shower were excellent. Bathroom had complimentary shampoo, conditioner, lotion, and soap.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank kenbouck
Dear Guest,

Thank you for you kind remarks. We love to hear, you enjoyed our beds and facilities of the hotel. The exercise room has just recently been upgraded and has all new equipment with integrated tv. We would love to hear from you, what additional items you would like to see. we are looking forward to greeting you next time you are in town. have a wonderful day,