“Would recommend if staying in Tucson”

Four Points by Sheraton Tucson Airport
Ranked #39 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
GreenLeadersBronze level
Pearl City, Illinois
“Would recommend if staying in Tucson”
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Staying here for a the third year. Its located immediately outside of the airport. Got a great rate via a discount web site. Very nice welcoming lobby and attentive desk officers. Two complementary computers nearby with complementary coffee or lime water. The room was also very nice, on the better side of your typical 3-star rooms. A king sized comfortable bed with a large 42-ish sized flat screen TV as well as coffee maker, refrigerator, and microwave. Since our room was on the second floor we had a balcony overlooking the pool and gardens. Last year we were on the other side of the hall and had no such balcony. So if you want a balcony or patio at no extra cost you need to ask. One of the few cons I that stand out were the incredibly small bathroom and their small scratchy towels. For example of size, if someone is in the bathroom a second person really can't get in. There is an on-site restaurant with complimentary breakfast if you paid the higher price for a room. Otherwise a value filled wonderful week at a place I would highly recommend to other travelers.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the airport side of the hotel will permit a quieter night for you. Also, skip room...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Andrea N, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Four Points by Sheraton Tucson Airport, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your review with us. We are delighted to hear you have enjoyed your stays with us over the years and our welcoming associates and accommodations fit your needs well. We look forward to the next opportunity we have to welcome you back for another exceptional stay. Take care!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
United States
Reviewed 18 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night before my flight home. Very friendly and helpful staff. Only problem was with asking for a restaurant recommendation they sent me to a very unsafe area of South Phoenix. The driver told me he was uncomfortable letting me out in that area. Sure enough, when we arrived at the restaurant there were very seedy characters there. I had the driver take me away.

He was at a loss as for why the hotel clerk would send me to such a dangerous place. So was I!!!! The hotel staff should be more careful when making recommendations. There are some very bad areas of Phoenix, not far from this hotel!

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Traveler_200950
Grapevine, Texas
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Second time staying at this property... Once again, I got this one through one of the discount travel sites. The rooms are large, and nicely furnished. Bathrooms are very small. The rooms do show some wear and tear, and the AC units are older and a little noisy. Since I stayed there before, I knew to request a top floor room at check-in as I had noisy neighbors above me last time. The room was located towards the rear of the complex and it was very quiet. Hotel was not busy during Thanksgiving week. Maid service was not that great... they took all the towels the first day and forgot to replace them. We got back late at night from a busy day and had to wait 30+ minutes for towels. Finally delivered enough to last 3 more nights which was a little annoying since the small bathroom didn't really have space for that many towels. Overall, for the deal I got it's a nice hotel. I'd be a little disappointed if I paid a standard rate.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank RTfromSD
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Front desk staff extremely friendly and helpful. Plus! Great welcome. Room was somewhat smaller than average, but made up for it with comfort and convenience. Two things that I expect from a hotel are a clean room and a good bed. Plus, Plus! Four Points scores on both points. This was one of the best hotel beds I've experienced. Nice to have both a microwave and refrigerator. Stayed three days and appreciated being rewarded with a coupon for not requesting housekeeping daily. Did not have an opportunity to try the restaurant.
Definitely recommend this hotel. Thanks for a great stay Four Points staff and management.

Room Tip: Rooms are available with a patio or balcony overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed for 5 nights for a medical conference held at the hotel as well an appointment with a physician specialist that just moved to the area. It was my first time in Tucson.
I was very pleased with the hotel, staff and overall stay.
The room was clean and as I requested, in the main building. I had a nice surprise when I opened the curtains and realized I had a little patio with a great view of the pool and a beautiful palm tree in rm. 280. The grounds are beautiful and well maintained.
The bed was one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept on. Please, you must tell me what kind of bed it is, it is better than my own bed! The pillows and comforters were so comfortable, too.
I enjoyed the complimentary bottled water daily, fridge and microwave (although I didn't use the microwave).
The only thing was that the bathroom was a tad small, but no big deal. Loved the shower and the dispensers of shampoo, conditioner and shower gel. So much nicer than dealing with little bottles.
I wanted to enjoy the beautiful pool and hot tub, but unfortunately didn't have the opportunity to, but other guests I spoke with did enjoy it.
The breakfast buffet was wonderful. I rarely eat breakfast but it was above average with very fresh food, omlette station and way above the usual free breakfasts at other hotels.
All of the staff members were friendly, professional and polite.
I ordered room service once, which came very quickly and was good. I would have liked a more extensive menu and later hours for room service as choices in the area were only fast food later on at night and not delivery.
I was very pleased overall, a great value.
Thank you.
LB

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Wanderlust
Andrea N, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Four Points by Sheraton Tucson Airport, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Thank you so much for your review. It please us greatly to hear you had such an enjoyable stay and our accommodations fit your needs well. All our guest rooms come complete with our signature Four Points by Sheraton Four Comfort bed and pillows. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Tucson and hopefully you will have more time to relax with our other hotel features, such as the pool and hot tub. Take care!
Monrovia, Indiana
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We stayed one week and both enjoyed staying here. We definitely plan to visit again. Our room was always very clean, comfortable and quiet. I'm glad we chose a room overlooking the beautiful courtyard. They have the best breakfast buffet that we enjoyed every day. Note that the buffet is not included if reservations are through a third party, though it was more than worth the little extra. The housekeeping, restaurant, and front desk staff were friendly, helpful, and worked very hard to make our stay terrific.

Room Tip: Enjoy a balcony over the courtyard.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Andrea N, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Four Points by Sheraton Tucson Airport, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. Its great to hear you had a memorable stay with us and were able to enjoy our popular breakfast buffet. Our associates are dedicated to quality service and look forward to the next opportunity we have to provide you with another exceptional stay.
Suburbs Of Philadelphia
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Stayed 3 nights on business; 2nd time staying at this property in the last year. Overall, this hotel is convenient, clean, a good value and has a really solid restaurant. The stand-out here is the eclectic gourmet-esque menu at the R&R restaurant. The Burger here is beyond amazing and served with a wire basket of shoestring fries. The filet mignon is also very good. Great selection on the menu. For breakfast, they make eggs to order and have a nice selection of breakfast items. Nice small pool area. Service is very friendly. Rooms are ok -- housekeeping does a very consistent job here. I would absolutely return. If this place had a hot chocolate chip cookie like the Doubletree offers, it would probably be the perfect choice.

Room Tip: Become a Starwood Preferred Guest
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business