“What a relief after the garbage hotels in tucson proper!”

Four Points by Sheraton Tucson Airport
Ranked #45 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

It's such a relief to be in something new! All of tucson's supposed 3,5 and 4 star hotels suck, suck suck with the exception of the Arizona Inn. I never thought I would be championing airport hotels but this place is awesome. Great staff, nice cool bar area and new new new. Furniture isn't worn though. Carpet isn't stained. Furniture isn't scratched and broken. It's clean folks. You don't have to feel you don't want to touch anything! Enjoy. And beware in tucson. Hotels are way overrated....

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank MygalLLL

Reviewed 17 March 2014

The property was well maintained, the bed was very comfortable and the room was furnished and decorated nicely. Everything one would want in a short stay at an airport hotel. We did want to do the hot tub later in the day, and weather it was the wind or what ever, but the hot tub was not clean, so we passed on it. The breakfast is well worth the extra price to have it included in your room rate. We originally did not take the breakfast included rate, but when we got there we asked to have it added to our bill and the kink person at the check in desk gave it to us on a complimentary basis. However, it is worth more than the $10.00 extra fee. Another plus, is the location is not far from one of the main attractions in the area: The Pima Air Museum.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the pool with a king size bed.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 March 2014

I recently (February) stayed for two nights here with family. The room was quiet and comfortable. The grounds are nice and although we didn't use the pool it looked inviting and was heated. The buffet breakfast was very good and also extremely reasonable in price. We sat on the room's patio in the evening and it was very pleasant. The day after I left I found I was missing $300 and realized I had probably left it behind somewhere in the room. (I know - very stupid.) Upon calling the Four Points,the manager, who answered the phone, knew immediately who I was, and had my $300 there. I was so relieved and grateful to the person who found and turned in my money. Her name is May and she deserves a lot of credit for her honesty and integrity. I think the comment about a lack of management is totally off base as I don't think this would have happened where there is a lack of good management. Also when I came back to pick up my money I watched the manager handle the phones and deal with a number of requests and queries with friendliness and professionalism.

Room Tip: There are a number of buildings which make up this hotel. One thing I would suggest is to get a room...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 March 2014

We got in after 8:30 p.m. and were greeted by front desk associates. The room was nice and clean, close to the front parking area.Which we were greatful for. I think we were lucky too because right after we checked in a large group showed up and they were in the lobby for a while before they got them all settled in.

Room Tip: Right at the enterance to the airport.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 March 2014

This is an okay place, best feature is probably that it's incredibly close to the airport. The breakfast was also complimentary and very, very tasty... but when it got busy the poor staff couldn't keep the serving dishes or coffee full no matter how hard they tried. They could do a better job managing that. One extra person during the peak to bus tables or refill coffee or eggs would do wonders.

We also couldn't tell where the elevators were and ended up just using the stairs, and the handle on our door was loose so it kept drooping. It dropped the 'clean later' sign at one point. Also when we needed to check lost & found the person at the desk didn't have a key and neither did anyone else there, which was not helpful.

But overall it was clean and not any noisier than similar places, so it was okay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

This is a strange one...the hotel was missing something overall. Maybe lack of management?? It was OK but a SPG property that is 3 star should be better. First, we did get our room online even though I am a SPG member, so maybe thats some of it? The front desk people were friendly enough but not welcoming, a little unorganized and slightly unprofessional (how they handled customers coming in, etc). The hotel had a slightly messy and unorganized feel overall including bar/restaurant. We did get a room with a king but the room clearly was one not used that often...did have enough towels, was not even labeled on map in hallway, out of soapnetc in shower area and the window was not really a window. It was some kind of grid glass that didnt allow you to see outside. Not sure what I would suggest on this one. Its just not up to SPG standards.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I arrived for one night and the first room they gave me smelled like chemicals and/or burning wire. I alerted the front desk and was immediately relocated to room 225. It was a second floor room and smelled fine. My room had a coffee maker with amenities, microwave and refrigerator. The bathroom had shampoo, condition and shower gel dispensers in the shower area and I was provided with bar soap as well. They had a hair dryer also. I did not hear any noise from other rooms and could barely hear airport noise. I did keep the room fan on high though to help with muffling noises. The room and bathroom were clean. I might stay here again or not. There are a lot of choices around the Tucson airport. I did order room service- French onion soup and a wedge salad. Both were very good.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business