Best Western Plus Tucson Int'l Airport Hotel & Suites
Ranked #15 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Reviewed 5 September 2013

I reviewed this property some time back when they first opened and I wasn't too thrilled with it. But I have been staying in the area off and on the past couple of weeks and decided to try it again.
I'm glad I did!

They seem to have worked out the kinks and now this hotel is VERY NICE.
I've stayed there twice in the past couple of weeks.

Both times I've stayed in their suites, they are two rooms with a door between that can be closed. It worked wonderful for my stay as I need A/C (and it works fabulous) and my other likes it warmer. So he gets sent to the other room. I recommend the suites if you can get them, they are large, new modern furniture, and comfy beds. Lots of lights and patio doors that open to the lovely courtyard/pool area. The living room has a sofa that makes into another bed. There is a bathroom in each of the rooms so no waiting for the other to get out of the shower. The beds are comfortable and the flat panel TVs are nice.

The pool and spa are sparkling clean and very nice to go relax in. The courtyard area is grass with lots of comfortable seating and gazebos so that you can actually have a little picnic out there if you choose.

Breakfast has come a long way since my first stay. Today there was eggs, sausage, hashbrowns, a pancake machine (loved it), juices, assorted breads and pastries, milks, cereals, coffee, tea, hot chocolate and maybe something else I've forgotten. It was all good.

There are various areas located at the property where you can go sit, relax, read a book or play on your laptop, they have free wifi and it worked well.

They also have a nice fitness center, but I didn't use it. I was there for the pool.

The staff was VERY welcoming and check in and check out was a breeze.

The parking area is large and parking is free. The hotel is right down the street from the airport, but at night I didn't hear any plane noise at all. And if they were flying over it must not have disturbed my sleep.

There are a couple of fast food eateries close by, but if you want to head out to town for a nicer meal this hotel is easy enough to get onto the freeway to get to your destination or you can take the surface streets.

All in all, I liked my stays here so much that this will now be my hotel of choice when in the area.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the courtyard are nicer.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
CarlosManzanaresGM, General Manager at Best Western Plus Tucson Int'l Airport Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

The hotel and its staff thank you for your gracious comments, we work very hard to make each and every guests experience as pleasurable as possible. It is good hear that we are getting better at the job we do and we hope to continue serving you and your family each and every time you are in Tucson.

Carlos Manzanares, CHA+

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 1 September 2013

The lobby was nice but do not let looks deceive you. Beyond the reception doors is a nightmare. The rooms are very undated. My door looked like someone had tried to break into before and didn't shut snug. Bathroom tiles leaked water behind them and was very small you couldn't move around in them. Towels didn't seem clean either. I would never stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
CarlosManzanaresGM, General Manager at Best Western Plus Tucson Int'l Airport Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2013

We apologize that you did not enjoy your stay here with us, the property has recently under gone a major renovation and has spent over 3 million dollars updating and branding as a Best Western Plus. We take any and all feedback in a positive manner and will use your comments to improve our hotel. We thank you for the time spent in completing your review of the hotel and hope that you give us another try in the future so that we can try to meet and exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 26 August 2013

I was in Virginia -now in Arizona-used for business -family-friends -couples-& solo when staying @ BestWestern never a problem- always clean- polite staff-ready to help-Food always -The hotel is next to a Mall or close which is an added plus-also there are a nice variety of restaurants, to choose from. There lounge area is also very nice-

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
CarlosManzanaresGM, General Manager at Best Western Plus Tucson Int'l Airport Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2013

The hotel thanks you for your kind words, we take any and all feedback in a positive way to continue striving towards excellent customer service. When we hear a review with such kind words we take it as reinforcement of that we are moving in the right direction. We invite you to come stay with us whenever you are in Tucson.

Reviewed 9 August 2013

Nicely appointed hotel with better than average fitness room. The restaurant was not up and running but they did serve a decent breakfast and there was 24/7 coffee and tea service in the lobby. The staff is very accommodating. Our room did not have an exit to the outside and the room clerk was nice enough to change us to a better location. The pool and spa area is larger than most with plentiful chairs and umbrellas. The only negative was that the pool and spa could have been a bit cleaner...there were leaves and debris in both the nights were there.
Complimentary shuttle to airport which is just minutes away but most restaurants were further away which could be a problem if one did not have a car.

Room Tip: Junior suites face pool area. Street side rooms do not all have slider to outside.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
CarlosManzanaresGM, General Manager at Best Western Plus Tucson Int'l Airport Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2013

We thank you for your feedback, by telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed 29 June 2013

We stayed here in June of 2013 for one night. Everything was perfect, all except the hallways were HOT especially upstairs. Other than that, everything was perfect. The rooms were awesome, the cleaning was superb, beds so comfortable, A/C worked great, court yard beautiful, and the hotel's ground were immaculate! I would recommend and stay here time and time again as long as they keep it up to the standard it is now.

Room Tip: Perhaps the hallways downstairs in the summer will be cooler than they were upstairs. As for a room...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
CarlosManzanaresGM, General Manager at Best Western Plus Tucson Int'l Airport Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2013

We thank you for your gracious comments and appreciate your patronage to our hotel, we will keep up the standards you experienced on your visit and can't wait to see you again.

Reviewed 26 June 2013 via mobile

As a pilot, I live in hotels 20 days a month. This is one of my favorite hotels. Clean beautifully furnished rooms, comfortable beds and nice bathroom. Lg flat screen TV, refrigeration and microwave in every room. New fitness room with more equipment than most, and a free hot breakfast. To have something break on occasion is normal, and unless some tells them, it can't be fixed. The hotel has always responded to any maintence action immediately. I have stayed in 4 different hotels near the Tuscon airport and have no reservations in highly recommending this hotel to anyone who visits. (And I am extremely picky about hotels!)

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank HotelsRMyHome
CarlosManzanaresGM, General Manager at Best Western Plus Tucson Int'l Airport Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2013

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 520 746-3932.

Reviewed 25 June 2013

Congratulations to the Best Western Plus. I have stayed there at leat 8 different times and (1) the check in was quick and accurate, (2) the rooms were large and comfortableand (3) the staff was extremely friendly. I have had the opportunity to meet Carlos, the GM, Patricia Marie, Christina and a special congrats to Cory, who always checks me in efficiently and quickly. Good job.

Room Tip: Reserve ahead of time and tell them your specific needs
Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business