“Way overpriced”

Ranked #98 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
Appleton, WI
“Way overpriced”
Reviewed 2 April 2011

This Super 8 is not up to the standards of others we have used especially for the $100+ rates for the NCAA crowd, we expected a lot more. The room was generally clean, but well worn. The grounds were dirty with cigarette butts in abundance. The breakfast was poor and the coffee too weak to drink - brew your own in the room. Then there is the road noise, so ask for a room in back if you must stay here. The WiFi was the worst ever, super slow and unreliable. We just gave up because it took so long to check e-mail. Stay somewhere else or don't pay more than $50-60/night.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ValueSeeker2

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
colorado
Reviewed 5 December 2010

I've stayed at many Super 8 motels all over the country and this one falls way below the standard Super 8. The check-in while smooth, was not welcoming at all. The wi-fi was awful...constantly being dropped. We called several times to have them reset the modem, but it never lasted long. They offered us a cable to get a wired connection, but even that was unreliable. There was a fridge in our room, even though it makes plenty of noise, it never actually got cold - no matter what setting the dial was turned to. At the free breakfast there was an empty container of muffins and no sign of anyone at the front desk to restock it.
There are lots of other hotels neighboring this one with much cheaper rates...wish we were staying in on of those - we could save some money and probably have similar or better experience.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kushta

Travellers are raving about these Tucson hotels

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 16 May 2009

Sheets did not look nor smell freshly washed. No coffee maker in room contrary to claim and no iron either, only ironing board. Couldn't access free wi-fi. Woke up in the middle of the night because I felt something was biting my legs. Saw some bug bites in the morning but never saw the bugs..

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank am2338
Gilbert, AZ
Reviewed 12 February 2009

If you book a reservation with Super 8 on-line and cannot make it for whatever reason, you *WILL* lose your money. All of it. No options. You are screwed.

I even called and all the person on the other end who could barely speak intelligible English could say was "You booked on line and there is no refund or rescheduling available with on line bookings." No "I'm sorry" or "Kiss my ...", just repeated the same line over and over.

I would have been happy with a reschedule or a credit for a later stay since we do plan on making the trip in the near future (wife's back went out the morning we were to leave).

When we do, we will NOT stay at ANY Super 8. That is as solid as their "no refund, no rescheduling" policy.

I have found out that if I'd booked directly with the hotel, they have a 24-hour before arrival cancellation policy. Of course, even that would not have helped in this situation.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Their lack of a cancellation policy
  • Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Shevie
East Coast
Reviewed 21 October 2008

We should have heeded TA reviews. One night here was a nightmare. Filthy room with used soap bars in bath, blood stains on carpet and used sheets. Filthy common areas with construction debris, never swept, urin in stairwells, etc.

Wife & I aquired Scabies (mites in used sheets slept on by prior guests). Spent $70 for dermatologist and $45 for medicine to cure the intense itching and to kill the mites, so this turned out to be a very expensive room.

Woke in middle of night (2:30am) with loud party on 2nd floor with bodies slamming into walls, and looked out window to see hooker and pimp making deal with another man in pickup in the parking lot.

Worst motel we've ever stayed in. Should be investigated by AZ health inspectors, and removed from AAA and Trip Advisor list, except to warn travellers away.

Stayed September 2008
1 Thank travelgrant
Phoenix, AZ
Reviewed 29 January 2008

We went to Tucson for soccer championships, and stayed at this hotel. First off, one of the white washcloths hanging by the vanity had something yellow ALL over it! YUK! Then my husband turned down the bedding after that to check the sheets. The pillow cases were filthy. It looked like makeup or dirt. We had to go to the game, so on the way out, we stopped and told the front desk. He asked my husband to follow him and took him to a closet and HANDED HIM PILLOW CASES! I guess maid service is reserved monthly or something?????? If that wasn't bad enough, we got back that night, and there was no remote for the tv, so we called the front desk and the unpleasant man came in and handed us a remote, then stalked out saying, "Leave it in the room when you go". No apologies, nothing. That night, my step-daughter was going to put her uniform in the dresser. There, we found men's clothing STILL there.
I would not waste my money on this hotel again. It definitely was NOT worth the $ 70. The desk (management) was very unprofessional. I'd stay in my car before I'd spend the $ 70 on this place again.

Stayed January 2008