“nice room for overnight stay”

Red Roof Inn Tucson South
Ranked #82 of 130 Hotels in Tucson
Prescott Valley, Arizona
“nice room for overnight stay”
Reviewed 20 January 2014

My boyfriend and I were only staying overnight so we were looking for something cheaper and with the basics. This hotel met our needs. The room was clean and spacious and had everything we needed in it. For a long-term stay- yes, I would've stayed somewhere else- but for an overnight stay it met our needs.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
i0225, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson South, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our inn. I'm glad you found your room clean and comfortable. I will be sure to pass your comments on to our staff.
Thank you again for your review and we look forward to your next visit to Tucson.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
BALTIMORE
Reviewed 25 December 2013

I got the spacious, upgraded room. I thought it was clean and comfortable. But as others have noted, the train noise was definitely an issue and the wifi pretty much useless (I used my Iphone hotspot). The location is fairly close to the western part of Saguaro park.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
i0225, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson South, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our Inn. I am so sorry to hear that the train was loud and the internet was not working properly. I have recently taken over management of this property and I am working on improving our product. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to your next visit in Tucson.

Reviewed 21 December 2013 via mobile

Not so clean and the train is very loud. Picked this location in the dark. Front desk child did not want to deal with customers. Will stay somewhere else next time. The Denny's was good attached but forgot to ask for the discount. The discount should be automatic there are no customers other than hotel guests the place is remote. Stay somewhere else there are many choices.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review our Inn. I am so sorry to hear your room was not as clean as expected, the train was loud and the GSR was not friendly. I have recently taken over management of this property and I have some work to do. I am sharing your comments with the staff to ensure improvements are made. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to your next visit in Tucson.

Reviewed 20 December 2013 via mobile

Mould on the bathroom ceiling. Funky (bad) smell in the room. Stains on the covers. Bathroom and probably rest didn't look scrubbed or cleaned recently. Glad we were only staying one night. If they cleaned it, the rooms would be perfectly decent.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our Inn. I am so sorry to hear your room was not as clean as expected upon arrival. I have recently taken over management of this property and I have some work to do. I am sharing your comments with the staff to ensure improvements are made. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to your next visit in Tucson.

i0225@redroof.com

Travellers are raving about these Tucson hotels

Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 7 December 2013

They advertise all the new upgrades but honestly the housekeeping dept could do better. The bedspreads are horribly wrinkled and stained. We have stayed here twice in the last month and it was both times so not just one mistake. There are no hair dryers either. No coffee in the rooms you have to go to Denny's next door. The rooms were clean and it is quiet.

Room Tip: It is close to the interstate but the turns are tricky so know before you get off where to turn.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
i0225, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson South, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Thank you for your review of our Inn. We will use your comments to work on improving our quality and services. Thanks again and we look forward to your return!

Los Angeles, California, United States
Reviewed 4 December 2013

I recently stayed at the Red Roof Inn located in far East Tucson Arizona on Thanksgiving Thursday night, 11/28/13. Although the young lady at the front desk when we checked in was extremely nice and helpful I have to say that the room was very disappointing. We had been driving for 11 hours, we were exhausted, and we were shocked to open the door (with some difficulty) to find the room a mess. The carpet was filthy, they bedspreads were stained and gross looking, and the room generally looked like whoever had been charged with cleaning it did not care much about their work and did the very minimum.

The young lady at the front desk offered to let us change rooms but we were totally exhausted and wanted to get right to sleep. She made a slight decrease in out room rate and we appreciated that but the bottom line is that the room was very dirty and leads me to never want to stay in a Red Roof Inn again.

At check out time the next morning there was a different young woman and she as also very friendly and helpful but we were in a hurry to get back on the road and so we did not spend any time telling her about our issues with the room.

Red Roof Inn should have pride in its name, rooms like this do not reflect pride.

Room Tip: A good room? Not at this hotel! Keep driving.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
i0225, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson South, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our Inn. I am sorry to hear your room was not as clean as expected upon arrival. I am sharing your comments with the staff to ensure improvements are made. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to your next visit in Tucson.

(520) 571-1400
Orlando
Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

I recently wrote a review of this property complimenting the efficiency of the staff. That was BEFORE I had a problem that required some old fashioned customer service.

Turns out I left something there that I wanted forwarded to me. Three weeks ago I gave them my address and credit card to send the item to me. I was told it would be done.

I did not receive it and I began calling three days ago. The phone was never answered on day shift. When night shift answered they told me to call back in day shift???

Today I reached them through the corporate number and was told that they could not send the item; but they would be happy to give it to whoever I sent to pick it up. ARE YOU KIDDING ME??

I spend 20+ nights a month on the road and Red Roof has been my first choice when available since 1978. NOT ANY MORE!!

UPDATE: I have spent another week after a call to corporate and a promise from the property manager that they were sending my property to me. Still no package or shipping information.

Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
i0225, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson South, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
We are very sorry for the issue you experienced after departing our Inn. We shipped the item you left in your room at our expense the same day we talked to you... unfortunately, it was also a holiday week so it took longer than typical in transit. Once again, sorry for the issue and we hope to serve you better in the future.