We often depart from and arrive to Tucson International Airport at ungodly hours of the day. Living 3 hours away from Tucson, we stay at any given hotel by the airport to make our lives easier. For the past 5 years, we have stayed at several hotels along the airport strip and, by far, DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Tucson Airport is the best. It only takes a couple of minutes to get there from Tucson International. In effect, it takes longer to walk from the luggage claim area to the parking lot than it takes to drive to the hotel! The place has a welcoming lobby, excellent decor, courteous front desk staff and a very clean and lovely room. The latter has an inviting French door with Venetian blinds (affording a view into the courtyard and swimming pool), cozy living room with kitchen area (sink, fridge and microwave), spacious bedroom (in this case, with an imposing view of the mountains and the airport proper). Despite being next to the airport, jet noise is not an issue. The place, however, has still some wrinkles which need to be ironed. Upon arrival, we were offered vouchers for complimentary drinks from the bar. Despite of having presented the voucher to the server, the drink was still charged to our bill. The room service menu states that breakfast is served from 6am on; however, when calling room service, we were told they do not serve breakfast until 7am. We waited and called back shortly after 7am. Then, we were told it would take 30-45 minutes to get served--which, for breakfast, seems an excessively long time. We just decided to check out and get breakfast elsewhere. Despite those kinks, the place is very nice and very reasonably priced, conveniently located for a tired traveler. We would stay there and would recommend the place to anyone looking for overnight lodging by the airport.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spanish architecture property in the high-desert environment of Tucson with open atrium in celebration of the exceptional year-round climate. All suite hotel with seperate sleeping area from living area, all suites have in room coffee machine, refrigerator and complimentary USA Today. Recreational facilities include outdoor pool/spa and exercise room with Sauna. Business services include High-Speed Internet access, and internet access via television. Wireless internet available. Additional business services available through Front Desk. Facilities also include Restaurant, Lounge, Room-Service as well as full-service Meeting/Banquet facilities - catering for 1 to 500. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Tucson Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Hotel Tucson Airport
- Tucson Radisson
- DoubleTree Suites By Hilton Tucson Airport Arizona