We needed a base on the south side of Tucson for 3 nights. After looking at reviews and comments, we decided on the DoubleTree Tucson Airport. We were pelased with our stay and our room.
As others have noted, the bathroom is small - tub, toilet and room for the door to swing. I am a 2XL, and I managed but it is not comfortable. But then, unless you have bad TexMex, how long do you sit there? Tub was normal size, no issue there. Our 2 queen room was quite comfortable other than the small bathroom. The pool was nice, larger than some, and the hot tub was hot. Lightly used, not sure if the hotel was full or not.
I was surprised how quiet the room was being quite literally next to the airport. 2 mornings there were fighter jets overhead, but no hotel is going to mask that and it is not their issue. At least it was 8:30 in the morning.
My only real complaint is arounf the WiFi which I found to be "wonky". It was always there but my connection reset far too frequently. I used a signal analyzer and where I was the signal strength was only about 45% - - 80%+ is "normal". Sometimes I could go 20 min+ without issue, sometimes only 3-5 minutes. I suspect my room was in a weak spot, and from the hot tub I noticed what I think are the antennas - right in the middle on the roof. And my room was - right in the middle of the building. I wasn't working, so I just dealt with it. It wasn't awful, just not very good either. Emails were fine, video was not.
I didn't try Finnegan's or the buffet - I am not a HH member and thought $13 p.p. extra was a bit much for breakfast. The couple of small requests of the staff were handled well.
It was a clean, comfortable room with lots of space, a m/w and fridge - just what I wanted. In a future reno if they could expand the bathroom slightly ....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spanish architecture property in the high-desert environment of Tucson with open atrium in celebration of the exceptional year-round climate. All suite hotel with seperate sleeping area from living area, all suites have in room coffee machine, refrigerator and complimentary USA Today. Recreational facilities include outdoor pool/spa and exercise room with Sauna. Business services include High-Speed Internet access, and internet access via television. Wireless internet available. Additional business services available through Front Desk. Facilities also include Restaurant, Lounge, Room-Service as well as full-service Meeting/Banquet facilities - catering for 1 to 500. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hilton Hotels Direct, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Tucson Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Hotel Tucson Airport
- Tucson Radisson
- DoubleTree Suites By Hilton Tucson Airport Arizona