DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Tucson Airport
Ranked #34 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
“Shuttle”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

Prompt, helpful driver. Restuarant has a diverse menu that can be tailored to individual taste (no onions please). Lovely room with comfortable bed and pillows. Wonderful warm chocolate chip cookies offered. Delicious.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Polish first
Niceville, FL, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

This is a nice hotel and convenient to the airport (the closest one around). It used to be an Embassy Suites so the rooms are more spacious than a normal Doubletree. The breakfast is excellent. The fitness center is only adequate and for some reason they can't get clear TV reception on the displays of the aerobic equipment (even though it is cable). I have complained to the staff about the weakness of the WIFI and it is annoying that you lose coverage often and have to go back through the connect and verify screens when you do. Beware if you ese AT&T cell phones because the signal strength is very poor and I often have to step outside in the courtyard to make a call and miss many calls because I'm out of coverage. At least the courtyard is very neice!

HOMER, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

I had stayed at the Doubletree for a conference meeting. I enjoyed it so much that when I wanted a weekend for myself I definitely came back to the DoubleTree. I was not dissappointed. The staff was top-notch. The bed was very comfortable(I didn't want to get out!!LOL) Will come back real soon. Five Star all the way!!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo

Douglas, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

pleasant and convenient for my travels nice, courteous staff close to airport and has complimentary shuttle service available only wish breakfast began a bit earlier since my flight was so early I was not able to take advantage of the free breakfast

Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

We needed a base on the south side of Tucson for 3 nights. After looking at reviews and comments, we decided on the DoubleTree Tucson Airport. We were pelased with our stay and our room.

As others have noted, the bathroom is small - tub, toilet and room for the door to swing. I am a 2XL, and I managed but it is not comfortable. But then, unless you have bad TexMex, how long do you sit there? Tub was normal size, no issue there. Our 2 queen room was quite comfortable other than the small bathroom. The pool was nice, larger than some, and the hot tub was hot. Lightly used, not sure if the hotel was full or not.

I was surprised how quiet the room was being quite literally next to the airport. 2 mornings there were fighter jets overhead, but no hotel is going to mask that and it is not their issue. At least it was 8:30 in the morning.

My only real complaint is arounf the WiFi which I found to be "wonky". It was always there but my connection reset far too frequently. I used a signal analyzer and where I was the signal strength was only about 45% - - 80%+ is "normal". Sometimes I could go 20 min+ without issue, sometimes only 3-5 minutes. I suspect my room was in a weak spot, and from the hot tub I noticed what I think are the antennas - right in the middle on the roof. And my room was - right in the middle of the building. I wasn't working, so I just dealt with it. It wasn't awful, just not very good either. Emails were fine, video was not.

I didn't try Finnegan's or the buffet - I am not a HH member and thought $13 p.p. extra was a bit much for breakfast. The couple of small requests of the staff were handled well.

It was a clean, comfortable room with lots of space, a m/w and fridge - just what I wanted. In a future reno if they could expand the bathroom slightly ....

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Hercules, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

The hotel looked clean and nice. I think it was good for what I paid for my room. The bed was the best part. It was so comfortable that I didn't want to get up. I was there for a conference so it was good for that. The negatives were that I was unable to order room service. I was told that the there was something wrong with the computer so I was hungry with now option until the following morning. The breakfast buffet was okay. What made it even better was that it was included with my room.

caldwell, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

The front desk was very helpful and the arrangement with Finnegans is great! When a 'switch' in hotels were needed there was 'no problem'. I will select a Double Tree any time. When I had a little concern with getting my booking with airlines, the front desk was there to help and that there was 'no problem'.