“Not up to Hilton standards...”

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Tucson Airport
Ranked #35 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
Atlanta, United States
“Not up to Hilton standards...”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

No internet service available in room due to location of room - spent well over an hour with their IT person. Lousy room service. Room not cleaned when I returned at 5 pm - their excuse was there was a privacy notice on the door. I removed the privacy notice at 10:30 am when I left the room.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Ilse O, Public Relations Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Tucson Airport, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Thank you for your review. We are very sorry that the internet was not working to its full potential during your stay with us. Please know we are currently updating our wireless internet and hope to have a faster internet service soon. We passed your note to our housekeeping team to prevent any further concerns with maid service. Thank you once again, hope to see you again when travel brings you to the area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Polish first
Cumming, United States
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Outside entry. Trim fell off door when I got to my room. The door was uneven and room was noisy due to proximity to airport and busy traffic intersection. Carpet was musty. I'm a diamond member and they wouldn't let me simply cancel my reservation that afternoon. Worst condition for a Hilton property that I've seen and I spend 80 nights/year in hotels.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Ilse O, Public Relations Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Tucson Airport, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Thank you very much for your feedback and your loyalty to Hilton Properties. I truly apologize for the concerns you encountered during your visit. I have shared your review with the management group to make improvements to our entry doors. I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to further discuss the concerns you experienced. Please feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience. Thank you one more time for your review, my most sincere apologies again. Hope to hear from you soon and get the opportunity to welcome you back in the future and make a memorable experience for you. 520-225-0802
Louisville, United States
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Location was very convenient to the airport and to our activities in the area. Breakfast had many options and was well stocked. Bartenders were attentive, drinks were good and reasonably priced. Lobby staff was helpful. Rooms were clean and grounds were well kept. Only complaint - seemed to run short on towels.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for staying with us recently. I greatly appreciate the kind words you shared on the Front Desk and Finnegan’s Team; I will pass the comment to them also. I am very sorry to hear you experienced a concern with the amount of towels; I will definitely forward your review to our Housekeeping Manager. Thank you one more time, hope to see you again when travel brings you to the area.
Omaha, United States
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Clean. Room size perfect for 2 adults, 2 children. Staff pleasant. No map/info on hotel in the room. Sconce light above table poorly placed-could not be turned off & interfered with TV. Restaurant expensive. No cookies on check-in.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted to hear you found our staff pleasant and of service. Please know we strive to make every guest experience a comfortable and memorable one. Meantime I would like to apologize in regards to the concerns you experienced with the light in your suite, and television. I am stunned to hear you did not receive a cookie at the time of check in, please know I will personally look into that. My most truthful apologies one more time, thank you for your valuable feedback. Hope to welcome you back in the near future.
tucson, United States
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Arrived for check in 10 minutes early told to come back in 30 minutes. Okay, no problem, came back in 30 minutes and room still not ready. Upgrade to suite. Get to room, TV does not in living room area and heater only blow cold air. Called maint., arrives 1.5 hours later. He says "I don't know why they keep putting people in this room?" Did receive a discount at check out. This is not the first time we had problems at a Hilton Hotel but it will certainly be the last Holiday Inn here we come

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for staying with us recently. On behalf of the entire Doubletree Suites by Hilton Tucson Airport Team I would like to apologize in regards to the concerns you experienced at time of check in and with the television. Please know that is not up to the service that we provide. I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to further discuss your concerns. Please feel free to give me a call at your convenience. Thank you once again, hope to hear from you soon! 520-225-0802
United States
Reviewed 19 March 2014

We made a spur of the moment decision to take a weekend in Tucson. We decided to play things by ear and arrived with no reservations. Thankfully they had a couple rooms left and their guy at the front desk seemed genuinly happy to have us. We liked that kind of welcome. We enjoyed our stay!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Ilse O, Public Relations Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Tucson Airport, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Thank you very much for your great review. I appreciate the compliment on the front desk agent; please know we take pride in offering high level of service. I am pleased to hear you enjoy your stay. Thank you one more time, hope to welcome you back in the near future!
Reviewed 17 March 2014

You need to ask questions because front desk really didn't offer a lot of information about restaurant, breakfast situation. The food was okay, staff seemed more interested in being behind the bar. One of the cooks did come out and make the rounds asking about the food, but our waitress seemed distracted and never came back to refill drinks.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for staying with us recently. I would like to apologize in regards to the concerns you experienced at the Restaurant and Information Desk. Guest feedback is extremely valuable; I will use your notes to perk our service levels. Thank you for your review, hope to see you again when travel brings you to the area.