“outstanding stay”

Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch Resort
Ranked #3 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Reviewed 19 October 2011

beautiful hotel in great setting, small, lots of character, outstanding staff, great restaurant- we preferred the less formal patio
need a car to get around

Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank christopherjames_11
BrianBattaglia, Front Office Manager at Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2011

Thank you for visiting us all the way from Canada and I am glad to hear you enjoyed both the hotel and Terraza patio restaurant. I appreciate the mention of the hint of needing a car to get around, our location does confine abilities of walking to destinations. Hopefully you can come see us again next time you are in the States.

Reviewed 17 October 2011

My cousin who lives in Tucson recommended Hacienda Del Sol when I said I wanted to stay someplace really special for my trip. I am so glad I took his recommendation! The room was exactly as the picture showed it (a hacienda 2 deluxe room), but you have to experience it to really enjoy it. The built-in dresser had quiet close drawers and the toilet had a quiet close seat so there was no way to slam anything and disturb my sister when she was sleeping and I was puttering around. Can't say enough about how great the shower was -- huge with great water pressure! We took one morning and wandered the grounds and original buildings. Landscaping was beautiful and so colorful. Definitely staying here next time I'm in Tucson.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
BrianBattaglia, Front Office Manager at Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2011

Id like to thank your cousin for the recommendation and yourself for writing a review on your experiences here at the Hacienda del Sol. It is great to hear that some of the little details of our rooms like the water pressure and quiet fixtures were noticed and added to making your stay more at ease and relaxing. We are definately glad to have you stay with us on your next trip to Tucson.

Reviewed 13 October 2011

The hotel is charming and lovely but the staff was even more impressive - they went way out of our way to be helpful and kind. Richard at the front desk went over and above for me when I had an unusual request and then I heard he did the same for a friend - very nice! And John at the front desk worked very hard to help us figure out the best way to allow our baby to sleep through the evening events that were likely to be loud. In addition, Keil in the restaurant treated us very well on our first evening there. I wanted to go to the Saturday morning yoga class - what a great treat.

Room Tip: Room 38 is a two room with two bath suite with a kitchen, eating area and living room - it worked ve...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends

Thank you for your kind words and sharing with us. I am thrilled that many of our staff members were able to provide the help necessary to make your stay more comfortable and I will share this review with all of them. I am also happy that you were able to enjoy our new Saturday Yoga class, we are trying new programs for guests to participate in. I always appreciate travelers passing on helpful hints and tips for others who may want to stay with us. Happy future travels.

Reviewed 11 October 2011

My wife picked this hotel as a wrap up of our longer trip in New Mexico. We were sorry that we didn't have the time to stay longer. We had a king casita style room that had a view of the mountains, two chairs on a small patio on the mountain side of the room....the view was beautiful. The room was everything we had hoped for and more, very clean, comfortable bed, attractive furnishings...enough about the room. The grounds are spectacular, I was told that one of the owner/partners oversees the grounds, he does a wonderful job. Cool rusty sculptures located everywhere (my wife and I love that kind of stuff). We had a farewell dinner in the Grill restaurant. The service was attentive and the food was top notch, we didn't have the special (fish) as we are from the north east and can get fish anytime, but the buffalo was wonderful and cooked just how l like it. I found the staff to be very helpful and even adjusted my bill to accomodate a billing blunder (my mistake, I think?). Full of suggestions about the area. Thank you for a wonderful stay!

Room Tip: Pay a little extra to get the casita with a patio on the moutain side. Also, if you pay with Visa y...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you Craig for taking some time out to share your experience with us at the Hacienda. It sounds like you enjoyed your stay from beginning to end which is what we strive for here. I will pass on the kind words to Jeff who is the gentleman responsible for the grounds and those rusty sculptures you saw. I always love to hear that our Front Desk was helpful and took care of the adjustment for you no matter the cause. I will also pass along your experience in our dining room and I hope. I appreciate the helpful hints on room and rates that will help fellow travelers and I hope we do see you again soon. Regards

Reviewed 18 September 2011

On more than one occasion I had to check my booking confirmation to see if I really was paying such a reasonable rate for such a superb establishment.

From the range of TV channels and iPod dock, through the sumptuous towels and bath amenities, to the top-notch service and dining options, all was five-star quality at three-star prices. The beautiful courtyard gardens are surpassed only by the fabulous 24-hour pool which has stunning views of the Catalina mountains (not to mention the gorgeous hot-tub with a terrace overlooking the foothills) complete with a magnificent Saguaro just to remind you you're in the desert. The icing on the cake was a visit to the pool by a pair of Roadrunner - that's how calm, welcoming and attractive this place is!

Truly wonderful and somewhere I would return even at five-star prices.

Room Tip: The Historic Rooms are completely acceptable and beat hands-down the top rooms in certain other esta...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
BrianBattaglia, Front Office Manager at Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2011

Thank you for coming all the way from the UK to visit us here at the Hacienda and also for taking the time to take some great pictures of especially the pool area, I may have to use some of those on our websites. I am glad you got to visit with some of our animal guests who roam the grounds and provide some unique scenery to our place. It is great to hear that you found the balance of lifes modern accesories with our historic tradition that we are very proud of. Cheers and safe travels

Brian Battaglia

Reviewed 16 September 2011

We were celebrating our 45th anniversary and for no reason picked Tucson and this hotel.
From the moment we arrived, until the moment we left we felt as we we part of a very special
Family. The employees are so wonderful and warm and friendly that you were made to feel as if Hacienda were your very own home. The owners have picked special people to work here who seem to have an innate sense of hospitality.
The pride and joy of the kitchen staff was their very own organic garden just outside which is used for every meal.The food was exquisite.
The bar and music lots of fun. We enjoyed many hours by the pool with the outstanding backdrop of the jagged stone outcroppings on the mountains!!!

The gardens with the diverse plants were beautiful!
This is the kind for of place you want to return to again and again and We Will!!!
Immaculate throughout,wonderful high desert gardens

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alice S
BrianBattaglia, Front Office Manager at Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2011

Let me start by saying Congratulations on your 45th Anniversary. I am delighted that your "random" selection to stay with us on such a special occasion turned out as wonderful as can be felt in your review. I will pass along your kind words to the Grill and Terraza management team as well. It is great to hear you had both some relaxation time around the property as well as fun in our lounge. We would also love to have you back again and again and if I can assist in some future planning dont hesitate to contact me. Perhaps for # 46. Sincerely

Brian Battaglia

Reviewed 10 September 2011

Just came back from spending Labor Day week-end at the Hacienda del Sol for my son's wedding. From check-in to check-out it was a wonderful experience and the perfect place for a wedding! The location was terrific for relaxing and sight-seeing. The perfectly-kept grounds were beautiful from the desert sunrises to late nights watching the stars and the lights of downtown Tucson in the distance. The history of the inn is fascinating, so don't forget to ask about it. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful, no matter what they were asked for and seemed to truly enjoy their jobs! It's not a large corporate hotel, but an historic one and it has the charm of an inn. The small touches, from the orange water at the entrance, the bottles of water in the room, the morning coffee in the comfortable living room-like lobby, the twinkling lights in the courtyards at night to the towels and bedding (the bed itself was very comfortable, too) added to the warm feeling throughout. The rooms were lovely--especially the beautiful, and more private casitas. But why would you spend much time in your room when the grounds, pool, courtyard seating areas, lobby and library are so cozy and inviting? We had both breakfasts and lunches at the inn--a delicious and relaxing experience, as well. While we didn't go on the nature walk, I understand from friends with us that it was a wonderful, educational experience to learn about the Hacienda's gardens and plants. They even grow vegetables and herbs for the restaurant right on the grounds. Cooling off and relaxing pool-side, the staff happily supplied pitchers of water and cups. The view of the mountains from the pool and hot tub, open 24 hours, was beautiful. It truly was a memorable stay. We'd happily return. Thank you Hacienda del Sol for the most perfect wedding week-end.

Room Tip: If you're looking for more modern ammenities, choose a casita room and not an historic one.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank barweb11
BrianBattaglia, Front Office Manager at Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us this past weekend. It was our pleasure to host your son's wedding and we cannot be more pleased that we could provide a memorable experience in both room accomodations and our grounds. Your enthusiasm is exactly what we strive to create in both the standard hotel amenities and the little extra touches you mention. Come back and see us anytime and I would be happy to help in making those arrangements. Regards, Brian