Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch Resort
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tucson Airport(Tucson)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$66
US$163
US$130
Radisson Suites Tucson(Tucson)(Great Value!)
US$97
US$92
Comfort Suites at Sabino Canyon(Tucson)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$207
US$194
US$487
US$174
All reviewsthe grillboarding schoolhistoric roomsgirls schoolhistoric resortcatalina foothillsprivate patiohorseback ridingolder roomsgrounds are beautifulsouthwestern stylecity lightshot tubmountain viewhappy hourwonderful staymain building
Reviewed 17 May 2012

The last time I visited H del S was over a decade ago for business and I am face-palming myself for not returning sooner - now I am determined to come back with the husband. It is only 10-15 minutes from central Tucson but feels like the middle of nowhere - in a good way. Totally charming rooms in a desert hills setting. Nice pool, lovely fountains, excellent food in the restaurants, friendly and efficient staff, cute gift shop. What I love best is the natural environment and all the birds, rabbits, and lizards you can see without doing anything!

Room Tip: All rooms are cute - I liked the king bed room I was in, with the cactus garden outside, looking towards the Hepburn/Tracy cottage.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
BrianBattaglia, Front Office Manager at Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2012

Welcome back to the Hacienda, better late than never and look forward to seeing you more frequently moving forward. Thank you for the beautiful pictures you have posted and for adding a review of your return visit. We are lucky and unique to have our own small wildlife habitat here and you never know who or what you might come across, we added a cat this past week to the family and have had a few gila monster sightings recently, glad you love the nature here as much as we do. I doubt your husband would say no after reading your impassioned review. Regards

Reviewed 3 May 2012

This is a very quaint and private resort with an excellent restaurant and bar. It is an ideal get away for a weekend. It is close to everything but isolated and private at the edge of the foothills.

Room Tip: Rooms are like small villas. Try the BLT in the restaurant for lunch. Best I have had anywhere.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family

Thank you for coming to spend a weekend and dine with us recently. I completely concurr with your enjoyment of the BLT, I probably have 3 or 4 a week myself. We do have the best of both worlds here, the private, away from the hustle and bussle location while still being a few blocks from everything. I hope we can provide a welcome weekend get away again for you in the future. Regards

Reviewed 29 April 2012

We took our Tucson Hosts to Sunday lunch at the Hacienda Del Sol Resort restaurant. We were pre-advised to wear slacks rather than shorts - not that the place was over-formal, rather it was balanced just right for an excellent Sunday Lunch. There was a phenomenal buffet such that I ignored the roast joints on offer. The staff were incredibly helpful, polite and very efficient. The food was excellent with much choice of delights and the welcoming fountain garden was in full bloom and colour. I do not think that we could have found a better restaurant in which to thank our hosts for their own wonderful hospitality. Memorable.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
BrianBattaglia, Front Office Manager at Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2012

Thank you for coming to enjoy our Sunday Brunch and for sharing your thoughts on the experience. I love the picture you posted which helps illustrate your mention of the garden and fountain and paints a small picture of what we have to offer. I appreciate the mention of our Grill staff they do an amazing job every Sunday to put on the best brunch in Tucson. I hope your hosts enjoyed your token of appreciation and perhaps on your next trip to town you might come and stay with us and we can show you what the hotel has to offer as well.

Reviewed 28 April 2012

The staff at the restaurant, at check-in, at the bar, etc. could not be more professional, enthusiastic and accommodating. The room was clean and of generous size. We were very comfortable right away.
We checked in and asked a few questions to Jennifer, who had most of the answers. She couldn't find a certain brochure she was looking for. About an hour later she came to our room to give us the brochure and some additional help.
The wine list at the Grille is terrific. Definitely a place for foodies and wine enthusiasts. Sunday brunch was great also with many interesting dishes. (Mild criticism....at the Sunday Brunch, the bagels were not so great). Other than that, it was a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
BrianBattaglia, Front Office Manager at Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2012

We appreciate you coming to stay with us and for providing a vaulable review or your experiences. Our ideal is to go above and beyond for guests and it is heartening to hear that Jennifer did not give up but did provide the requested information for you. Thank you for partaking in our Sunday Brunch, my apologies the bagels were unsatisfactory, this is not up to the Grills exacting standards. I will pass along both your compliments and criticism to the Grill, these reviews help so much with feedback to use for improvement and to know what is working. I hope we can make another wonderful stay for you in the future. Regards

Reviewed 23 April 2012

We had a wonderful experience at this inn in the foothills. The grounds are beautifully landscaped, and the rooms comfortably charming. Throughout the halls are photos detailing the history of the inn as a girls school which make it all the more special. We stayed in the Saguaro Suite. It is very southwestern in design, comfortably roomy with tile floors, beamed ceilings, and a private patio with a nice view. There were logs set up to burn in the fireplace every night so we took advantage of having fires, enjoying the crackling and fragrant wood. Although the bathroom was small, it is very functional. There was excellent coffee available in the main area of the inn early every morning. We had the bed and breakfast package, and so ate an outstanding meal in the dining room each day. The Terraza and The Grill (the more formal restaurant) had very good food. I recommend joining the Preferred Hotel Group and reserving through them, as I believe that is why we were upgraded from a deluxe room to a suite. When in Tuscon, this is the place to stay.

Room Tip: The Saguaro Suite is very nice, having excellent views, charming southwestern decor, fireplace all set to use. Though it is closer to the property entrance drive than other rooms, it is quiet and private. The bathroom was well laid out and functional but not spa-like.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
BrianBattaglia, Front Office Manager at Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2012

Thank you for taking a few moments to share your experience staying with us recently. Our I-Prefer members do enjoy perks such as room upgrades, priority check in/out and a wonderfvul wine/appetizer pairing and I am glad to see we were able to accomodate the comlimentary upgrade for you. Saguaro Suite # 42 is a personal favorite and I am happy you enjoyed the charms, functionality and decor of the suite. So many guests have raved about the Arbuckle coffee we have in the rooms and for AM lobby service we have began to sell bags of it specially packaged for the hotel. I am thrilled to hear that you also enjoyed our newly revamped breakfast program and that the breakfast package worked well for you. Come back and see us next winter/spring and well have plenty of firewood and delights waiting. Regards