We recently stayed three nights in a one bedroom suite and found the accommodation to be spacious and tastefully decorated with a great view. The only thing lacking was a safe for storing valuables.The look of this resort is quite pleasing esthetically and the grounds are very pretty with beautiful landscaping.
We went to the Grill for dinner all 3 nights. The quality was very good to excellent. Unfortunately we stayed during a change in seasonal pricing and a great 3 course prix fixe deal for the first two days was no longer available for the third evening when the a la carte prices
were excessively high , with most mains averaging $40 at least.
One disappointing note in our experience was the discovery that the so-called Bed and Breakfast
Package for which we paid a hefty premium, was limited to only one entree and either coffee or juice. This is not specified on their web site, nor was it mentioned to us by the reservations person
on the phone when I inquired about this package. Consequently we felt taken for a ride. For the very high price paid for the package, this restriction seemed unfair and petty.
One other negative experience was the arrival. The man at the reception desk did not greet or welcome us
at all when we checked in and was all business.He impatiently rattled off a standard monologue about facilities as if eager to be done with us .
The pool and hot tub were an oasis of tranquility and I enjoyed the beautiful scenery there.
Overall this is a quality hotel but needs attention to its dining room pricing structure and
front desk training.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience resort luxury with authentic, southwestern ambiance in Tucson, Arizona. Discover the romantic and vintage style of Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch Resort. Rich in Tucson history, the resort resides in the foothills of the Santa Catalina Mountains on 34 acres of natural desert landscape. Botanical gardens envelop the resort's private casitas, guest rooms and suites. Authentic adobe structures and hand-carved, wood-beamed ceilings circa 1929 are just a few of the preserved details amidst modern day amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch Hotel Tucson
- Hacienda Del Sol Tucson
- Hacienda Del Sol Hotel
- Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch Resort Tucson, Arizona