Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch Resort
US$177
US$148
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tucson Airport(Tucson)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$94
Comfort Suites at Sabino Canyon(Tucson)(Great Value!)
US$94
US$82
US$193
US$173
Best Western Royal Sun Inn & Suites(Tucson)(Great Value!)
US$111
  • Restaurant
US$371
US$339
  • Restaurant
All reviewsthe grillboarding schoolhistoric roomsgirls schoolhistoric resortcatalina foothillsprivate patiohorseback ridingolder roomsgrounds are beautifulsouthwestern stylecity lightshot tubmountain viewhappy hourwonderful staymain building
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 June 2014

This was my first visit to Hacienda Del Sol and I can't wait to go back (though left yesterday!) First of all, I am a sucker for history. It was originally built in the Great Depression era as an all-girls luxury boarding school. Walking around reminded me of being in one of the beautiful Spanish missions in California, AZ, etc. They have done an excellent job of restoring the original architecture, decor etc, and mixing in the necessary modern comforts and amenities. The room was immaculate and nicely appointed, again with a lot of beautiful Spanish revival touches. The hotel has a smaller boutique feel, with really nicely landscaped grounds and a lot of nice touches.

The staff does a great job too! The front desk opened the gift shop early for me so I could make a purchase before an engagement. They were genuinely interested in how my stay was going, and had that friendly but professional - not stuffy or "I don't care attitude." The restaurant was delicious, and ended up eating all three meals there! Definitely recommend the chicken and waffles (gourmet version) for dinner and then the housemade chorizo breakfast burrito for breakfast (if you have an appetite). The pool was really nice and refreshing ... for the 95 degree temp at 7am! I met another guest in the pool that was also happy to find a unique hotel that wasn't your average boxy, predictable, airport or city hotel. Definitely coming back!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
BrianBattaglia, Front Office Manager at Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear Peter,
Thank you for coming out to stay with us last week. We also appreciate the thoughtful review of your brief experience here at the Hacienda. It was a pleasure to meet you during your stay and hope you can make it out again for a more leisure trip.
I am happy to see the Grand Casita was comfortable, well appointed and you also appreciated the mix of old charm and modern amenities which are seen throughout the property as you saw and mention.
The benefits of having the desk so close and run the gift shop is that we are very flexible for guests needs especially those last minute toothpaste or late night snack urges and will always open up any time a guests needs.
Thank you for dining with us twice on your short stay, I hope the chicken and waffles beat out your home area Roscoe's, it has become a fan favorite here. As you say definitely come hungry for breakfast, the portions are meant to get people through long days of sightseeing, hiking or just a whole day at the pool without having to break up the fun for lunch. Regards

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Wonderful place to stay! It's away from the hustle and bustle of the city with beautiful nature all around. The hotel is beautiful and very clean. The people that work there are very nice and very professional. The internet was great. I would stay there again in a heartbeat! We stayed in one of the historical rooms and got lucky by getting one where the windows face east...perfect to see the sunrise in the morning. There are two restaurants and they had live music in both. Although, we didn't get a chance to eat there this time. Be sure to take a camera as there are photographic opportunities every where you look at this place. And, with all those wonderful things about it, it's amazing what a deal it is! I've stayed at places twice as much or more that haven't measured up to Hacienda del Sol. With that said, I hope they don't raise their prices. A great find!

Room Tip: The historical rooms with windows that face east are great for a view of the sunrise. Some of the other historical rooms just face the parking lot...but have somewhat of a view of the city.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
BrianBattaglia, Front Office Manager at Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

Dear Funsters,
First off love your screen name. Thank you for coming out from the Inland Empire and staying with us recently. Thank you for the room tip also, while we cannot guarantee specific room numbers we are most happy to try and accommodate special requests for views and location.
As you mention it is very common to see people walking around with their cameras and taking shots of both the historical spots, the natural landscapes, some critter friends you come across and much more. We enjoy when guests post these online as they help market what we are about and where we have come from.
We are certainly not a nickel and dime property and try to keep our rates as reasonable and in line with the times and business climate as we can. We try and cater to many segments of the population, why limit ourselves and who can come enjoy what we have. Regards

Reviewed 24 June 2014

This was our first visit to Hacienda Del Sol and this time was for our anniversary. We stayed 2 nights in a king suite with a private patio. The room was decorated in a colorful southwest style and was very nice and comfortable, would strongly recommend room #19. We would return to it for another stay. The staff from the registration desk to all in the restaurants were exceptional. They (Simon) answered all our questions and took care of reservations at both restaurants, The Grill and Terraza. Our first dinner on the Terraza patio on Sunday evening was good. We enjoyed the blues music and the peach Sangria was very tasty, the hummus appetizer was tasty and was a good portion, the fish tacos were excellent. Our second dinner for our anniversary celebration was at The Grill. Superb wait staff, friendly and attentive. Good recommendations for appetizers and meal. My wife had the pork chop, unlike any I have ever seen before that was beyond excellent, so good and tender. I had the Creola Salmon, a mixture of vegetables in a light broth with shrimp, crab and salmon. Again, one of the best meals I have ever had. Classical guitar music by Dr. Costa was an enjoyable addition to the evening as he came by all tables to play. The location is beautiful with great views of the Santa Catalina Mountains. If you want an enjoyable, quiet and relaxing place to get away - this is it!

Dear Daniel,
Thank you for coming up from S.V to stay with us and Happy Belated Anniversary also. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the Suite, that unit has a long history and was used as the Headmistress Suite back in the girls school days. We also have 4 other just a lovely suites on property if you want to try something new.
We appreciate your mention of the staffs treatment during your stay. Simon send his regards and we always reward employees who get mentioned by name.
Thank you for choosing to stay with us on property and dining in the Grill and Terraza restaurants. Your review detailing is making me hungry, we are very happy to see both meals were superb in both food and service. I will be reading this to our restaurant management on next week.
We hope you will make us a fixture for your future anniversaries and if I can assist with any plans please contact me anytime. Regards

Reviewed 21 June 2014

My husband and I enjoyed a wonderful 1 night get away at this beautiful resort. The grounds and scenery are gorgeous, the service impeccable, and the food delicious!! We had a romantic dinner at the Grille, where I enjoyed the most amazing pork chop I have ever eaten!! We lounged by the pool in the early morning and were blessed with the sighting of a beautiful bobcat who was resting in the nearby wash under a Palo Verde. We will be visiting again later this summer and will be sure to make it at least a two night stay!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
BrianBattaglia, Front Office Manager at Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

Dear Rose,
Thank you to you and your husband for coming to spend a night with us. We also appreciate you dining in the Grill during your stay.
I see you met our best bobcat friend, he has been here for years and always seems to be spotted near the pool. I guess he likes to relax and keep cool like the rest of us.
We do hope to see you again this Summer, please contact me if I can assist with any reservations, Spa Appointments, Horseback riding or anything to make the next stay as great. Regards

Reviewed 19 June 2014

My wife and I had dinner here , then returned a year or two later, as guests of our children for our 50th anniversary. This visit included dinner and an overnight stay. We enjoyed our visit. So, having experienced the Hacienda previously, we new what to expect. However, on this visit, we were given one of the newer rooms. While retaining the southwest decor, the room was modern and comfortable. The older rooms less so. We had no idea that these newer rooms were so nice.
Our dinner experience was beyond exceptional. We both feel that we had the very best meal that we have ever eaten. Our waiter was both friendly and professional. We split an Ahi appetizer that was excellent. Our waiter suggested that we might like to also split the two entrees that we had ordered. So, we did. First we were served the scallop offering. It was wonderful. In fact, the first two courses were so good that we feared that our last entree ( lamb chops ) might not measure up.there was certainly no need to worry. The lamb Wes perfect.
We will be returning to celebrate my wife's birthday every year from now on.

Room Tip: Rooms one through six will be our choice in the future.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
BrianBattaglia, Front Office Manager at Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

Dear Renie,
Thank you for coming back to stay and dine with us at the Hacienda. I appreciate sharing a review of the experience. If you have not already the Grill would also appreciate the kind words on their Trip Advisor page.
Rooms 1-6 per your room tip are the most recent and modernized units on the property, please ask to book a Deluxe room when making future plans to come, those rooms have either a king or 2 queens.
We are in planning to break ground on adding more rooms, I hope you get to come back and experience the newest and greatest we will have to offer. In the mean time you can contact me to assist in getting into 1-6 on your next visit.
Congratulations also on 50+ years of marriage, I wish you 50 more. Regards