Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch Resort
US$58
US$55
US$560
US$75
Best Western Royal Sun Inn & Suites(Tucson)(Great Value!)
US$112
US$65
  • Pool
US$276
US$256
All reviewsthe grillboarding schoolhistoric roomsgirls schoolhistoric resortcatalina foothillsprivate patiohorseback ridingolder roomsgrounds are beautifulsouthwestern stylecity lightshot tubmountain viewhappy hourwonderful staymain building
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 June 2008

Had a wonderful stay recently at Hacienda del Sol.

I missed the horses by a few weeks, as they had been moved out for the summer months. But the weather was still delightful while I was there.

Staff was friendly and very helpful with suggestions for day trips.

The grounds are absolutely lovely, and the old portion of the building has wonderful old photos of when it was an exclusive girl's school, back in the 1930's.

It does seem to have a very popular restaurant, and the wine list is extensive, however, I did not enjoy my meal at the restaurant - and the wait staff was not attentive. I was a single diner, as a previous reviewer had mentioned. However, the salad and dessert were fabulous!

Although there was also a wedding taking place when I was there - I found the rooms to be quiet and it was the perfect spot for a getaway.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled solo
2  Thank FoxValleyGal
Reviewed 3 June 2008

We recently returned from our second visit to Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch in Tucson Arizona, and I wanted to share what a pleasure our experiences there have been. Our Casita # 48 was perfect for our two week stay. There was lots of room, nice furnishings, fire place, and kitchen with microwave. We found it quite relaxing walking amide the beautiful manicured grounds.
The staff is as warm and friendly as could be. Larry and Dorothy as well as the rest of the staff were always available to answer any questions or assist us. Larry possesses a wealth of knowledge about Tucson and if you need a restaurant suggestion or reservation he’s the man to see.
Our first stop of course was dinner at the counter in the restaurant. I always learn a new thing or two and interacting with the chefs is always fun. Subsequent dinners in the main dining room found friendly and knowledgeable wait staff as well as delicious meals cooked to desired temperatures.
When we ordered room service, it was refreshing not to see a 20 % service charge and $ 5.00 delivery charge, and then a place for an extra gratuity. Don’t get me wrong I still left 20% but because I wanted to not because I had to. Its close proximity too many of the finest restaurants in Tucson is an added plus.
The rooms were always well maintained and if we needed a little something extra it seemed like it arrived before I hung up the phone.

We look forward to our visit next year.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled on business
2  Thank windjammerguy
Reviewed 21 April 2008

The hotel is fantastic. My only regret about writing about it, is that it feels like a secret and special get away, and by sharing our thoughts of how wonderful it is, I don't want it to lose its charm and feeling of being unspoilt and such a great place to stay.

The staff are really friendly and helpful and the whole place allows you to relax and find your own way. The dining is excellent, the rooms are so comfortable and we look forward to our next visit there!

• Stayed: April 2008
1  Thank LondonPaw
Reviewed 28 March 2008

Had the best dinner in Tucson. Didn't know it was a hotel. Manager of the restaurant got me a room so i checked out from my big fake hotel that i stay in every year and tried the hacienda. Every person who works there is so nice and caring. I never was at a hotel like this. NEVER
I come to Tucson every year for @ 10 days. This will be the only place i ever go back to.
Its old but so gracious you really get to enjoy life again.

Stayed: March 2008
3  Thank dinwine
Reviewed 27 March 2008

Hacienda Del Sol is a special spot in Tuscon. Ideally located on a hilltop with a commanding view of the area and conveniently near the action in the elegant Foothills, this boutique hotel has been our home away from home for two visits now. We will return. The management is most helpful and friendly. The rooms, casitas and suites are imaginatively decorated, true to southwest desert tradition. The inner courtyard of the hotel is a combination of unusual and flourishing cacti and containers of annuals with vibrant colours surrounding an elegant fountain. The grounds abound with wildlife with people friendly quails and doves chirping merrily. The swimming pool nestled into the side of the hill is a delightful refuge on a hot winter's day. Coming from Ontario Canada, known for its harsh winters, it is a significant treat for us to lounge by the pool and take in the beautiful surroundings sance snow. The rooms that we have stayed in have wonderful views of surrounding elegant homes and a lush green golf course. The restaurant, the Grill, is one of Tucson's finest and we have used it extensively to entertain our Tuscon friends. It boast of two sommeliers and an extensive wine list. The wait staff is exceptional. In all, this hotel is a delight and ideally suited for travellers like ourselves who wish to avoid mass hotel chains. toronto, canada.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple