This is a great little (30 rooms) hotel for friends, family or business. We just had a two night stay that was enjoyable and convenient. Easy access is provided to downtown Tucson, the U of A campus, hiking trails, great shopping and restaurants. Upon arrival and easy check-in, we sat on one of several patios and enjoyed appetizers and a glass of wine.
Dinner was on-site at the "Grill" offering beautiful views of the Arizona sunset from the inside or a relaxing and comfortable out door patio. Both food and service were outstanding with a varied menu with southwest flare.
Rooms appear to vary in size and amenities but ours was quite spacious (huge) and the bed extremely comfortable; air conditioning and flat screen TV’s in both the living room and bedroom.
After a morning hike in the foothills, we put on our suits, jumped in the Jacuzzi and relaxed poolside for most the afternoon. Bar staff from the restaurant provides service to pool guests. While not as convenient as a poolside bar and grill, we had no problems ordering a drink or lunch (try the Grill’s cheeseburger or Carne Asado Tacos).
On our last day we walked to the horse stables and set off for an hour long trail ride in the beautiful and open desert surrounding the hotel, followed by breakfast and coffee on the patio, then check out.
There were several events taking place over our stay including weddings and various private celebrations. The hotel seemed to handle these efficiently as staff was running about but they were still plenty able to care for our needs and wishes.
If you want the “Westin”, it is next door. This is not a “chain” hotel however it is within the Summit Hotels & Resorts group of luxury resorts. Hacienda originally was a girl’s boarding school and has all the charm and feel of the Southwest one could hope for. Situated on a hill near the base of the Catalina Mountains, views of the beautiful Sonoran desert are magnificent.
This hotel may not be for everybody, but if a relaxed atmosphere, attentive staff, excellent food, superior accommodations situated in a historic adobe structure within the beautiful Arizona desert is to your liking, then this hotel is for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience resort luxury with authentic, southwestern ambiance in Tucson, Arizona. Discover the romantic and vintage style of Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch Resort. Rich in Tucson history, the resort resides in the foothills of the Santa Catalina Mountains on 34 acres of natural desert landscape. Botanical gardens envelop the resort's private casitas, guest rooms and suites. Authentic adobe structures and hand-carved, wood-beamed ceilings circa 1929 are just a few of the preserved details amidst modern day amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch Hotel Tucson
- Hacienda Del Sol Tucson
- Hacienda Del Sol Hotel
- Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch Resort Tucson, Arizona