Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch Resort
US$140
US$118
US$178
US$148
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tucson Airport(Tucson)(Great Value!)
US$93
US$88
US$193
US$173
Comfort Suites at Sabino Canyon(Tucson)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$88
Best Western Royal Sun Inn & Suites(Tucson)(Great Value!)
US$109
US$326
US$206
Loews Hotels
  • Pool
All reviewsthe grillboarding schoolhistoric roomsgirls schoolhistoric resortcatalina foothillsprivate patiohorseback ridingolder roomsgrounds are beautifulsouthwestern stylecity lightshot tubmountain viewhappy hourwonderful staymain building
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 April 2007

I'm a picky traveler and all I can say is the Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch was perfect in every way. We stayed in a private casita (#48) which was cozy, beautifuly decorated, and private but with all the amenities. It had a little patio where we could watch the sun set over the mountains. Mornings were glorious as we sipped breshly brewed coffee on our little patio, enjoying the fresh morning air, listening to the birds, and admiring the lovely flowering cacti right outside our door. If this sounds like a perfect getaway spot, believe me it was. Apart from our casita, the grounds were gorgeous and the creative touches at the Inn and restaurant abounded. At every turn, there was something charming, surprising, or creative to look at-- colorful flower gardens, original artwork, historical photos from when the Inn was a school for wealthy girls. All this while still offering the necessities of modern travel like free internet in the lobby, internet connection in the rooms, and the offer to print out your airline boarding pass at the front desk. If you don't want to leave the premises (and believe me, you might not want to), there's a fabulous restaurant on site, a charming pool with hot tub, and riding stables just down the road. Great golf is a short ride away, with discounted rates at one of the area's finest courses. We've stayed at many, many four and five star resorts throughout the southwest and I can honestly say our stay at the Hacienda Del Sol far surpassed any of these other visits. We're already planning our next stay at this lovely, intimate guest house which literally stole our hearts!

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled as a couple
5  Thank PRexec
Reviewed 2 March 2007

The grounds of the Hacienda are charming, with cactus gardens, fountains, flowers, and a small pool. At night it is very pretty, lit with lights and luminaries. We stayed in two different rooms, due to lack of room availability due to weddings. The first 3 nights we stayed in a colonial room on the second floor. The room was tiny, sweet and very comfortable and clean. Walls are paper thin in the Hacienda's structures, so you will hear talking, tvs, crying babies, etc. The view out the front of our room was of the courtyard, the city and sunset. Spectacular, but seen only through the door window or standing outside. Our one large window was on the back of the building directly over the bar patio and parking lot. Our second room was a larger and newer Hacienda room, which was more expensive and not as charming. In general, staff and service were excellent. The Grill is attractive and pleasant, but pricey. Be prepared to pay $26 for breakfast for two if you go to the daily buffet. We had reservations for Valentine's Day and didn't know beforehand that it was a set dinner with a set price. It was quite good, but the sticker shock was a little hard to take: close to $200 with tax and a tip, without wine. We go to Tucson for the high desert and the sun and were attracted to the Hacienda's appearance and charm. The downside can be rooms that don't feel very private or quiet. Also, two weddings took place during our stay, and parties woke us up a couple of nights in a row well after midnight. Management may be reluctant to control the partying, as weddings seem to be a big part of the Hacienda's business. Staying at the Hacienda is great if you can afford the prices and aren't bothered much by noise. We're glad to have stayed here once, but will likely not stay here again as it is out of our price league. It's magical at night, though, and good for a desert splurge if you like charm and history.

• Stayed: February 2007, travelled as a couple
9  Thank MPortland
Reviewed 27 February 2007

This is a real gem!
The building and grounds are amazing. The restaurant is first class, I'd give it a solid four stars, the bar and patio area are wonderful. The rooms with the patios and fireplaces are so nice.

I can't think of anything I don't like about the Hacienda. We are heading back for our third stay in mid march '07.

If you're looking for a taste of what Tucson is really about, this is it.

Highly recommended!!

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sjmacdee
Reviewed 26 November 2006

My husband and I were looking for something very rustic but out of the way and had read great reviews on the food and surroundings, so we booked our stay for last February.

We booked a suite, so that I could have internet connection in the living area and work and not disturb my husband sleeping in the bedroom.

I tried for two days to get internet access and did finally get it in the living room, having to move the ethernet phone from the bedroom into the living room with phone help from their technical support people.

We came home on day three to find a stub in the wall where the internet connection had been, my computer unplugged, and the phone back in the bedroom. When I went to the office to inquire what was happening, I was informed that I was to never have had internet connection in this room. What I found so annoying about the whole experience, was that after all the phone calls, no one ever said a word about this during booking. And, I had internet connection in the living room! Had they simply told us in the beginning, we could have moved to another location. But instead, we had to go through three days of annoying troubleshooting being fooled into thinking we could have what we were told that we could have. Then being told of course, we couldn't. That was the part spoiled Hacienda Del Sol for us.
To come into our room, and actually take out physically all the wiring was just plain strange.

In addition, the bedroom was filthy. We live on a lake in a dusty area, and we were told that we were in tucson, and it's dusty, after all - (duh) but I'm talking dust bunnies and dirt.
So all in all, everyone usually has a wonderful experience here, but we did not. It's not a place to work - that's for sure. But we moved to another resort, for a bit less money, had the ambience, and I was still able to have the piece of mind to be able to check my email and still relax. Sometimes it's possible to have the best of both worlds.

• Stayed: February 2006, travelled as a couple
6  Thank citygirlcountrygirl
Reviewed 23 October 2006

A bit off the beaten path, it was a bit hard to find at night, but well worth it once I got there. Very quaint and well maintained, it is far from the large, corporate hotel experience...you actually have a key to your room, not a card key. The walls are pretty thin, so I could hear people walking by, as my room was only 2 away from the lobby. The complementary products were great (shampoo, conditioner, body scrub and body wash...all for sale in large sizes in the lobby) ! The bed was firm, but nice and there were 2 spa robes provided in one of the his and hers closets. The pool was very warm and the restaurant was great. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. I wouldn't hesitate in staying there again, although I would stay a bit farther from the lobby if possible. Be prepared for a $50 flat fee for a cab if need be, as it is about 20 miles away from the Tucson airport.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled solo