“Doesn't live up to other Hampton Inns”

Hampton Inn Tucson-Airport
Ranked #13 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
“Doesn't live up to other Hampton Inns”
Reviewed 11 April 2013 via mobile

We stayed here one night passing through Tucson. While the lobby is obviously modern and newly renovated, the rest of the hotel is not. With drab carpet and crowded rooms with bulky furniture, it was not what we expected. Our room had a balcony, but the chairs were so covered with dust and dirt I had to wipe it off before sitting in it. The staff is extremely friendly though, and for $79 I guess you can't expect the best. Nice buffet breakfast however. Probably the least impressive of the Hamptons we've stayed in.

• Stayed April 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Miinnesota
Reviewed 11 April 2013

Room was a nice size, beds were nice. Even though it was by the airport, you rarely heard any jets, and when you did, they weren't loud. Check in was fast and the lady was very helpful with telling about places to go. Saguaro National Park was close. Those are the gaint cactus you see in movies and cartoons!

Room Tip: I don't think they have any bad rooms.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We recently stayed for two nights at this hotel and having nothing but positive things to say about it. The room was comfortable and quiet. We were a little worried about being close to airport but usual airport noises were not a factor. We felt safe and secure. We pikced this hotel even though it costs more than others in the area due to security -- many of them had outdoor access to the roms.

The breakfast is a big plus that saves you money and helps you get up and going faster. There was a great variety and something different every day. Food correct temperature.

The check in staff and front desk people were very friendly and helpful giving excellent advice on places to see for tourists. If we're ever back in Tucson we will definatley stay here again!

Room Tip: We booked the room with two king beds -- the place was huge, extra big because of the layut of the h...
1 Thank alohajmr
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I was in the area visiting family after a business trip to Arizona. I didn't fly into the Tucson airport, but this is very close and convenient for travelers. I tend to be partial to Hampton's because everything is included and they are generally pretty nice. Several other hotels on this strip charge more and add charges for breakfast, which is included at the Hampton. I have stayed at Hampton's that look newer, but this one still looks nice in the lobby area. The outdoor pool area looked nice, but I'd didn't get to use it. Check in was efficient - even when I made the reservation for the wrong night, they quickly straightened things out. We booked the king room with pullout couch. The bed was extremely comfortable - so much so that my wife raved about how comfortable it was and wanted to get the same mattress at our house. There was a microwave, fridge, and flat screen TV which were all in good shape. The only problem was that with the sofa bed pulled out, there is literally no room left at all. You cannot use the desk and you cannot open the fridge - the place becomes really cramped. If you don't plan to use the sofa bed, or you don't mind being cramped when it is out, then this is not a problem. We didn't hear any airplane noise despite the proximity to the airport. We liked this place well enough that we booked a second night here.

Appleton, Wisconsin
Reviewed 4 April 2013

Friendly staff made check in easy. Room was clean and had microwave and fridge. Only downside was there was a large gathering at the hotel pool after dinner so noise was louder than normal, but we still enjoyed our pool time. Insulation in the hotel is great, and we heard very little aircraft noise, until we exited the hotel to see military aircraft on practice runs which my kids loved.

Location allows you to get to Pima Air Museum quickly as it is approximately 3 miles away.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
HamptonTucsonGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tucson-Airport, responded to this review, 6 April 2013
Thank you for the perfect review! I am so glad to hear you were able to enjoy our outdoor heated pool and Jacuzzi despite the gathering. Your right, the Pima air Museum is a great attraction for the whole family in close proximity to our hotel. Many of our guests take advantage of our 5 mile complimentary shuttle service which runs 24-hours to and from the airport and local attractions until 10pm. We would be happy to provide this service for you and your family during your next visit.

Thanks for staying with us and sharing your experience with this review. The next time you are passing through our team will be happy to share even more local favorites for you and your family to enjoy.

See you next time!
Colorado Springs
Reviewed 31 March 2013

Our experience at The Hampton was excellent. I was very impressed with the customer service and the way every employee we came into contact with acknowledged us with a smile and a greeting. The room was very nice and the beds are wonderfully comfortable. The staff at the front desk was very helpful and the cookies....love the cookies. I would definitely stay there again and recommend it to friends.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
HamptonTucsonGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tucson-Airport, responded to this review, 31 March 2013
Thank you for the excellent review! Service is paromount for the Hampton brand and we have an engaging front desk staff who are committed to our hotels service culture. We share these comments with our entire team and the front desk staff will be elated to hear how their service impacted your stay. Thanks again for the perfect review. We look forward to hosting your next visit to Tucson. And yes, we will have our famous warm cookies awaiting your arrival! Thank you.
Reviewed 22 March 2013

This is a very average Hampton Inn. One nice touch was my room had a microwave and refrigerator which is uncommon for a Hampton Inn. This hotel was quiet and very close to the airport. One major complaint is that I did not have a thermostat to control my a/c unit with. Even thought the weather was very nice during my stay, I found my room a tad cool, but had no way to adjust that as the controls on the a/c unit didn't work. Had a stayed longer (I only was there one night) or noticed the issue earlier (I had checked in and then headed out to a nearby casino and didn't get back until around 1am) I would have said something. However being that it was late, and I was only cool, not freezing cold, I didn't say anything until I checked out. I was disappointed with the desk clerk's response (I was told to just adjust the temp on the a/c unit...I explained that I tried that and it had no affect). I would probably stay there again if the need arose, but I'd ensure I had a thermostat before I got settled into the room. One other note is that the shower is very dark due to the poor bathroom lighting.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
HamptonTucsonGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tucson-Airport, responded to this review, 1 April 2013
Thank you for taking the time posts a review about out hotel. I was glad to hear you enjoyed our in room microwave and mini refrigerator we provide in each our guest rooms.
I am so sorry you experienced problems controlling your AC unit. The majority of our rooms are operated by a wall thermostat with a small amount operated by a manual self controlled AC unit and we would d be happy to book a room for you in this location on your next visit.
Is there anything else I can do to ensure your stay is flawless next time? Please let me know by calling me at 520-918-9000. Again, thank you for your feedback and my sincerest apologies for your inconvenience. Please consider staying with us again on your next visit to Tucson AZ!